Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locksmith messing me around

Options
  • 21-07-2016 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a second hand car 3 months ago from a garage - one of the terms of our agreement was a replacement remote central locking key as it was non-functional. They provided this, and within 2 days, it wasn't working. I contacted the garage and they kind of gave me the runaround but they sent out the locksmith they used for the key to me - turns out it was his fault. He agreed to fix the key but couldn't do it then and there so he took the remote central locking unit with him. He said my grievance was with him and not the garage and he would get it sorted.

It's 3 months later now and he is still giving me the runaround. He provided me with an extra key for manual locking/unlocking for the trouble, but he never responds to my texts and he tells me every few weeks he'll be 'out my direction' that week and will get in touch. The last I heard from him was June 27th. When i ring him he gives me the runaround and doesn't seem to be taking me seriously.

Have you any advice? I'm not sure there are many avenues I can follow here as I don't really have any contractual agreement with him and the garage haven't been involved at all. Just thought i'd ask incase anyone has any insight?

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ultimately the garage gave you the key. Contact them as they contracted him to supply the key. As usual go to the retailer.

Advertisement