Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no free eir sport with eir 4g?

Options
  • 21-07-2016 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I am an eir mobile customer. I am also an eir landline customer. Unfortunately due to the unavailability of fixed eir broadband in my area (with no prospect of upgrade) I can not get eir fixed broadband. I do however have eir 4G broadband.

When I went to sign up for free eir sport. the computer said no. It said I was not a broadband customer and tough luck.

Why is this? Its not my fault eir can not provide the fixed broadband in my area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Titanucd wrote: »
    Hi,

I am an eir mobile customer. I am also an eir landline customer. Unfortunately due to the unavailability of fixed eir broadband in my area (with no prospect of upgrade) I can not get eir fixed broadband. I do however have eir 4G broadband.

When I went to sign up for free eir sport. the computer said no. It said I was not a broadband customer and tough luck.

Why is this? Its not my fault eir can not provide the fixed broadband in my area.
    Hi Titanucd,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused but unfortunately this offer does only apply to Eir broadband customers. 

I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department however and hopefully broadband will become available in your area in the future.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Titanucd,

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused but unfortunately this offer does only apply to Eir broadband customers. 

I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department however and hopefully broadband will become available in your area in the future.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Frustrating? You have no idea. Is this even legal? To repeat.... I only dont have eir fixed broadband because you cant supply it. I feel that I am being discriminated against by your company because eir can not provide a service I actually want. I pay more for my 4G than I would for fixed and its not even unlimited!

Is it Comreg I complain to? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's not free anyway. We are being charged €7 a month even though many of us don't want it.

You can have mine. ;)

It's not free anyway. We are being charged €7 a month even though many of us don't want it.

You can have mine. ;)
    Ha thanks! I would pay €7 a month! Its better than the €25 a month they want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Titanucd,

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Frustrating? You have no idea. Is this even legal? To repeat.... I only dont have eir fixed broadband because you cant supply it. I feel that I am being discriminated against by your company because eir can not provide a service I actually want. I pay more for my 4G than I would for fixed and its not even unlimited!

Is it Comreg I complain to? 
    I'm very sorry we could not offer you better news on this  Titanucd.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

So I got my Eir sport sorted for free. Apparently 4G customers can now get it by contacting eir sport by phone 0818203040.

Advertisement