Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bringing a dog to France....confusion

• 21-07-2016 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Can anyone help me, I am confused about what I need to do or not do?

Going on holidays to France for a week in September and am bringing my dog with me. I know she has to get rabies shot which she is getting next week.

Does she need anything else ?

Also does she need anything for the return journey ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I think you'll need a pet passport for your dog anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mozzy

Yep I have a passport but nothing in it, my vet wasn't very helpful in terms of requirements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Coming back she'll need to visit a vet between 24 hours and 5 days I think it is, and to be wormed.

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/pets/catsdogsandferretsaccompaniedietravelingwithin5daysofowners/#Requirements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

He will need PASSPORT, with RABIES SHOT, and WORMER, I believe within 24 hours of departure
    Coming back he has to go for another WOMER within 24 hours of departure from France

(your friend should locate a nearby vet where she will be on holiday for the wormer - the form/passport has to be signed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

aonb wrote: »
    He will need PASSPORT, with RABIES SHOT, and WORMER, I believe within 24 hours of departure
    Coming back he has to go for another WOMER within 24 hours of departure from France

(your friend should locate a nearby vet where she will be on holiday for the wormer - the form/passport has to be signed)

I think the wormer is only for coming back to Ireland - I'm hoping so anyway for our travels in October. We'll only be away for a few days, don't want to over dose

Advertisement