Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer Licence 2016/2017

• 21-07-2016 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I applied for my license last week and was told that it was unlikely I will have it before the 1st September. Does anybody know the length of backlog there is? I know I was meant to submit my application pre 30th June however I was unable to get my Coillte permits until last week

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I read somewhere recently that a chap that submitted his in mid June was told at least 7 weeks. Now that'll make it around the first week of August, but as most of the license are sent out then that is not only on time, but within the usual time frame.

Take that 7 to 8 weeks as the time frame from date of applying so you're looking at mid to late September. That is only a guess, but as you were told it won't be the first of Sept this could be close to the actual time when you will get it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

I put mine in the third week of June and rang yesterday as getting new gun and they said Il have it back Monday I'm delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

If I handed in mine on the 12th July, judging by that time frame I can hope to get it first week of September if not sooner. fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭clivej

I usually get mine on the 1st but nothing in the post yet, so hopefully Monday it will be here. Applied the first week in April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

Mines home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Applied a few days after they sent out the application in April got it in the post yesterday

Nice one lads. Nothing for me yet, but still three days to go this week. I usually get mine about a week after most of ye that post here. So still a chance i'll get it in the first batch sent out.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Applied a few days after they sent out the application in April got it in the post yesterday

Same as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

We all got ours today:),applied early ,to avoid a similar cluster fcuk as last year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Arrived in the door this morning, Dublin Northside, as above the application was in the return post as soon as I got it.

Early birds and all that........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭kellyvince

I sent my in on the 18th of march . Rang to make sure all was ok.. she told me that I was one of the first to apply . So will be out in the first batch. Now licences started coming out and no sign of mine yet. So rang again and was told yet it's aproved and on the computer since 2st may ??. Anyway still ok for the 1st sep. So I taught but still no sign of my permit. I have contacted them again and they cant tell why it wasn't issued..really the truth is they haven't a clue what's going on up there. A friend sent he's in a week after me . And rang monday and was told he would have it in two weeks. He had it the following day in the post. But it's supposed to go by date received. So how lads have there and only applied in June and other lads applyed in April and still no permit. ??

Got a call yesterday morning to say the new permissions i had supplied still needed to be checked out and that it would delay the license. Was also told i could use my old permissions for the license and it would speed things up (obviously still able to use any new permissions once i had them). I said if they wanted to do that fine and i'll use the new permissions next year.

License arrived this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

I think if your shooting a permission ,and other guys are also using the same folio number ,this may cause some delays / difficulties .

That is the reason i gave new permissions (new to the NPWS, not to me) My old permissions were flagged last year (well one of them) as having too many people on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Received mine in the post today - Thanks NPWS!!!

FISMA. wrote: »
    Just wondering, what date did you send yours in?

FISMA. wrote: »

Same here, we are both good to go

RKMG wrote: »
    Just wondering, what date did you send yours in?

Early in Apirl

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

Got mine in the post yesterday. Send in the application mid April.

License came yesterday morning. happy days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Buggs

Still waiting on mine, can't see it coming before the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭stevep1018

License in today.was starting to sweat and bit.sent it off in june

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Myself and a friend got ours yesterday.

Applications sent in late May/early June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Sent mine in around July 10th.
    Had to visit land owner with new bull**** permission slip as distributed by NPWS and that caused the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Buggs

From the WDAI facebook page:
    "Update on deer hunting licence applications. We received the following update from National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) today regarding the processing of deer hunting licence applications for the 2016/17 open season.
    "As of June 30th 2016 (the NPWS deadline for licences to be issued by September 1st), 2,700 deer hunting licence applications were received with 2,600 licences issued as of last Friday, August 26th. NPWS are on course to issue all renewal applications received up to June 30th by 1 September. Since June 30th, in the region of 1,300 applications were received and are being processed."
    New applications or incomplete applications may not be included in those processed to date. It is also possible applications received after July 1st may have already been issued in some cases.
    We will keep you updated on any further developments, in the meantime we would ask you to be patient and avoid contacting NPWS to ensure staff can focus on issuing licences"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Got licence today, I sent mine in late. 17July.
    Better late than never.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Arrived yesterday.
    Application sent in last week of June.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

I sent mine in last month and got reply today to say I now need at least 100 acres
    I have about 50/60 I think. I can get it no bother just the hastleof it !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Can anyone point out in any of the wildlife acts or otherwise where you need a minimum acerage to apply for a deer licsense??I cant find it,and it seems to be another "makey up" bit of policy here?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

There is no minimum acreage for deer in the Wildlife Act or any subsequent amendment acts after.

So you could fight it on a legal basis and would most likely win, but instead of the 100 acre "limit" they could cite not enough deer, too many on the permission, does not support even a single shooter, etc. IOW while it's not legal to refuse you simply on the basis of not having 100 acres there are other ways to refuse you that would be legitimate.

The easier way, if you say you can get it, is to get the extra permissions and re-submit the application.

Advertisement