Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF Stage 19 - Albertville - Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc, 146km

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

RobertKK wrote: »
    Dan fails again.

Haha, I need new glasses!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why did Sky close down Dan? Looks like they are tired now. Porte gaping them now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭Russman

The pace of that train up the climb is frightening..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

terrydel wrote: »
    Nope, I just think it looks ridiculous grabbing someone else off a bike and leaving them there, and again benefits the stronger teams who are more likely to have guys round them to swap with.

Maybe don't allow GC condenders have team mates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Froome on someone else's bike after crashing and without his O-rings... and they still can't drop him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Little gap to Froome now by others

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Porte going backwords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Yes Bardet fair f*cks kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Fair play to Bardet - what a ride - up to second now?

Louis Meintjes got a few motre seconds there on Dan and Rodriguez getting very close to 10th now too

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Maybe don't allow GC condenders have team mates

No, just don't allow them take teammates bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Think there had to be a French stage win at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Dan gone too early again. He needs to bide his time because he's the quickest finisher in the GC group bar Valverde. Still, to see him climbing in that company is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Other than Dan, Bardet definitely the rider I'm most happy win a stage of the GC men. Great gutsy rider, never afraid to try.

I only saw the very latter stages but seemingly a real taster in terms of excitement & action of what can happen if Froome less than normal.

terrydel wrote: »
    No, just don't allow them take teammates bikes.

But doesn't the fact of having team mates around(not changing bikes) benefit the stronger teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Bardet up to second place on GC as well! Chapeau!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Finally a proper bike race. Well done to Dan. He's still punching.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Well done to Dan, brave effort, great to see him climbing with the best.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Dan gone too early again. He needs to bide his time because he's the quickest finisher in the GC group bar Valverde. Still, to see him climbing in that company is great.

Bardet had gone earlier. If Dan hoped to win the stage I don't see how he could wait any longer.

Mollema possibly out of top-10 in GC now! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

RobertKK wrote: »
    Dan fails again.

You are ridiculously harsh towards Dan; you and a few others; he, along with Astana and Bardet, animated the stage; looked like he gave his all; chapeau Dan. The attack didn't stick but I wonder how often you have attacked when the HR is at 190+? I think a top 10 overall would be a fine result for Dan.

• Advertisement

pelevin wrote: »
    Bardet had gone earlier. If Dan hoped to win the stage I don't see how he could wait any longer.

Bardet went on the downhill, the time he gained there saw him through. It's not quote the same as attacking on the climb.

letape wrote: »
    Fair play to Bardet - what a ride - up to second now?

Louis Meintjes got a few motre seconds there on Dan and Rodriguez getting very close to 10th now too

Mollema might drop behind him though so not all bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Great ride from Bardet, great display from Dan. Make you wonder how good he'd be if he had team mates who can actually climb well in a GT, or if he was to ride with a team that isn't so half hearted about GC.

JK.BMC wrote: »
    You are ridiculously harsh towards Dan; you and a few others; he, along with Astana and Bardet, animated the stage; looked like he gave his all; chapeau Dan. The attack didn't stick but I wonder how often you have attacked when the HR is at 190+? I think a top 10 overall would be a fine result for Dan.

What the hell would be the point in watching if not for some excitement to stir the soul, & Dan's efforts to animate racing, & with Bardet of a very similar mindset, means infinitely more to me than whether they come 10th or rather 11th on GC at the end of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Hehe, Bardet's teammate who was with him up to 10k to go and helped form the gap comes home 8.20 down! took it nice and handy coming up that last climb.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    But doesn't the fact of having team mates around(not changing bikes) benefit the stronger teams?

Are you sarcastically saying I am suggesting anything that benefits stronger teams should be removed, because I said that one action that is currently legal and benefits stronger teams should be outlawed?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Bardet went on the downhill, the time he gained there saw him through. It's not quote the same as attacking on the climb.

But you said Dan went too early. Noone caught Bardet. So waiting longer didn't get anyone across to him. I'd say Dan was hoping for the stage far more than gaining a few seconds & I see nothing wrong in trying when he did.

Cn-sNozWcAEqkaZ.jpg:small

Froome crashes, has to change bike, suffers towards the end.
    Net result: he increases his lead over 2nd placed rider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Savage finishing climb, still can't get used tother mad looking head on Aru when he's climbing. He looks like Darkman. Fair play to Dan, climbing in that company is unbelievable

Advertisement