Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube and soundtracks

Options
  • 21-07-2016 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

i want to upload a homemade video and i want to add a movie soundtrack to it. will the video get pulled if i do that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

i want to upload a homemade video and i want to add a movie soundtrack to it. will the video get pulled if i do that?

If it's copyright, then yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

degsie wrote: »
    If it's copyright, then yeah.

I think if you pitch it down or up a bit you can get away with it. It'll sound a bit weird obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mitchconnor16

all i have to do is change the pitch? no laws against that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

all i have to do is change the pitch? no laws against that then?

Nope, its still illegal, would just be harder for ContentID to detect.

And thats why mordeith is technically in breach of boards rules....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i think its clear what the answer is here - it'll probably get pulled - and anything that involves working around this is likely to be in breach of our rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Afaik, video will remain but they cut the music with a warning it is copyright.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you use music that's e.g. Creative-Commons licensed or public domain you ought to be OK (no guarantee someone won't try and claim you're infringing copyright, but they'd be wrong as long as you are using the music within the context of the license); otherwise when Youtube's content-matching system identifies the music as being copyrighted, either the audio of your video will be removed or the whole thing may be blocked. See the "What is a Content ID claim?" support page for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

ED E wrote: »
    Nope, its still illegal, would just be harder for ContentID to detect.

And thats why mordeith is technically in breach of boards rules....

Woops, my bad. As far as I know (at least it happened with a video I put up a few years back) some music will be cleared. I had used a track from a Soma compilation CD and after the video was posted I got a reply saying the audio was awaiting clearance. Audio is still present on the video and YouTube automatically put in the correct artist/title under the video.

Advertisement