Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selfish parking? (See mod warning: Post 373)

Comments

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't get the hate for the Ka owner. From my understanding, as with every other resident, Ka owners house has two cars and uses two spaces. It being declared off the road is irrelevant.

The whole situation is pathetic. 11 spaces, 11 cars, there's room for everyone. Opel woman is ****ing over everyone, not just the OP, and the OP should make this everyone V Opel woman rather than just him V Opel woman

I agree fully, the Ka owner shouldn't be mentioned at all. If the car is being used or not it would still be taking up a space. The issue is that there is enough spaces and one stupid ignorant bit*h is trying to keep two spaces for herself.

I don't know why you are trying to make this you vs the woman op, it's the worst route to go down. You need to make it everyone vs the woman by parking in any free space and thus your neighbours arriving back and not being able to park because of Opel woman. If everyone turns on her she will give in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Can we just go back to the OP posting there's a bit of an echo in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They should all buy bangers, declare them off road, and fill up all the spaces. Then park all their other cars some place else?

The banger idea has been a silly one from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

endacl wrote: »
    They should all buy bangers, declare them off road, and fill up all the spaces. Then park all their other cars some place else?

The banger idea has been a silly one from the start.

Originally suggested by Opel woman if I'm not mistaken.
    That should have been enough to bury the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't get the hate for the Ka owner. From my understanding, as with every other resident, Ka owners house has two cars and uses two spaces. It being declared off the road is irrelevant.
    It looks to me like the Ka is being parked so as to "hold their spot".
    It could be a short term off the road situation, but I'd guess that it won't be driven again.
    They could easily park it across the green if they wanted to, making life a lot easier for the OP, who's had no luck with the "Opel fruit".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

It looks to me like the Ka is being parked so as to "hold their spot".
    It could be a short term off the road situation, but I'd guess that it won't be driven again.
    They could easily park it across the green if they wanted to, making life a lot easier for the OP, who's had no luck with the "Opel fruit".

And if it was being driven it would still take up a space. But not 2 spaces like Opel fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

if the streetka was in use it would not be taking up a spot 24/7 thus freeing up some capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

if the streetka was in use it would not be taking up a spot 24/7 thus freeing up some capacity.

If the Zafira was parked properly it would free up some capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

Afair, there's a reason the Ka won't be moved which the OP isn't in a position to disclose on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

At night? I doubt it. There is no capacity anyway - all neighbours own their spots, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

pablo128 wrote: »
    If the Zafira was parked properly it would free up some capacity.

Indeed. That is the whole point of the thread. She won't park properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

threetrees wrote: »
    Indeed. That is the whole point of the thread. She won't park properly.

Probably time for a bit of a synopsis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

endacl wrote: »
    Probably time for a bit of a synopsis?

Probably time for people to read the thread before making stupid statements

(Not your statement btw!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

pablo128 wrote: »
    And if it was being driven it would still take up a space. But not 2 spaces like Opel fruit.
    Agreed if it was being driven nobody would have a problem with it.
    But it's not, it's being used from what I can see to hold a spot, that the owner mistakenly thinks they own.
    Yes the Opel owner is worse, but the Ka owner isn't far behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Poor OP
    Caught in the middle of Opel Fruit(made to make your eyes water) and A StreetKa(named undesirable) he really has his work cut out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Simple solution us to call AGS and report an untaxed and uninsured car on a public road.
    SORD's are just that, not "SORD but I'll park in my spot".
    Don't forget to call the skip company to have it removed...... The skip...not the Ka :)

Simple solution us to call AGS and report an untaxed and uninsured car on a public road.
    Don't forget to call the skip company to have it removed...... The skip...not the Ka :)

The guards have better things for doing, they haven't a notion of even coming out never mind doing anything.

Again the Ka is irrelavent, I've no idea why people want the op to get this person in trouble, who the op has already said is a good neighbour. If the Ka is taxed in the morning it's not going to free up a space, the fact it's untaxed is irrelavent. The clown of a woman blocking two spaces is the only issue here, if she cops on the problem is solved. Talking about the Ka is only moving attention off the woman who should be the sole recipient of criticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Trying to avoid confrontation is just making a doormat out of the OP. He's not being unreasonable to park in any available space. I wouldn't see it as the OP having to deal with the rest of the residents, he's just forcing them all to have to deal with other rather than let them away with burying their head in the sand because they are not directly affected.

+1
    Avoiding confrontation brings the bully out in people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

What do you expect them to do if the houses don't have a private driveway?

shietpilot wrote: »

There's an element of tough sh1t there to be fair, untaxed car shouldn't be on a public road. Not having a private driveway doesn't come into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭markpb

shietpilot wrote: »
    Augeo wrote: »
    There's an element of tough sh1t there to be fair, untaxed car shouldn't be on a public road. Not having a private driveway doesn't come into it.

The law doesn't support Schrodinger's car - a car is either off the road or it's not. If you can't find a place off the road to keep your car, then don't declare it off the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

anewme wrote: »
    Poor OP
    Caught in the middle of Opel Fruit and A StreetKa he really has his work cut out.

Am I the only one who read it in this voice?

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

OP said before that they won't do anything unless the car looks like it's been abandoned and is missing its number plates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The guards have better things for doing, they haven't a notion of even coming out never mind doing anything.

Again the Ka is irrelavent, I've no idea why people want the op to get this person in trouble, who the op has already said is a good neighbour. If the Ka is taxed in the morning it's not going to free up a space, the fact it's untaxed is irrelavent. The clown of a woman blocking two spaces is the only issue here, if she cops on the problem is solved. Talking about the Ka is only moving attention off the woman who should be the sole recipient of criticism.

The Ka should be moved into one of the two spots being taken up by the pig parker in her Opel. It'll occupy the spot 100% of the time, still close enough for the Ka owner (think it's the next parking spot up) to keep an eye on and will essentially 'free' a spot. If the Ka owner is such a good neighbour surely they will agree to move it a few spots, 2 minutes work and order will be restored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

EoaV7Ml.jpg

The only cure !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

[Monica Voice]This just got interesting![/Monica Voice]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Staplor

wrote: »
    Hello to you all here.

Assuming you are who you say you are, parking your car properly would solve the situation, and would be the neighbourly thing to do. Love thy neighbour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Hello to you all here.

you pay rent for the house, you do not pay rent for any parking spaces, nor do any other persons on the street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

He's selecting you because you park like a knob, not because he's racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol and there is the problem with posting too much information on a public forum. A description of the problem within the photo would have worked and would have remained anonymous.

Also stop being an arse and park your car properly and they'd be no reason for the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ninja 12

He did not speak to the other car owner

The OP did not choose to do anything based on race , he is just pissed off because somebody is parking like a dickhead :D
    he wants to park cars here whenever he feels like

He is entitled to park anywhere he likes , the parking spots are not numbered .
    The person in the Opel (if it really you) is not entitled to park across two spots .

If this is really your Opel , you are going on about God's grace , the Lord having mercy etc. but you are not behaving in a very Christian way :rolleyes:

Park properly and have some consideration for your neighbours !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I feel like we need Doris to verify that she is who she says she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hello to you all here.

I don't think it's fair to suggest the OP is a racist. The issue is with how the car is parked. The car is taking up two places from what I can see (and from what the OP has stated). This is a very selfish way to place your car. Why do you think you are entitled to do this?

Unless these parking spots are designated and you happen to own them both, you are in the wrong here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Wow, that escalated slowly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

OP is not racist. From this whole thread I never got the impression there was anything to do with race?

Doris were you living in Castletroy in Limerick a few years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

Ol Doris straight in there with the racist card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

If that poster is genuine maybe it's a good thing and a reasonable, sensible solution might be reached through the thread. Here's hopin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

I have more than a strong suspicion that this alleged owner of the Opel is a troll but even putting that suspicion aside, a few things strike me as odd.

I could be wrong but I don't recall the OP making reference to race, maybe because he didn't see that as relevant. He marely stated the facts and had pictures to back up what he said. And yet he's being accused of being racist? That's just an absurd accusation.

And then referring to him as "this little man"? Snide remarks like that just show – even more than before – how petty this person really is.

All this is assuming that the poster is genuine.

Hello to you all here.

Hi Doris, there is never, ever an excuse to take up 2 spaces.
    Taking up 2 spaces is wrong and extremely selfish, you do not have a right to take up 2 spaces, so if you want to take up 2 spaces, you should think again, because you cannot take up 2 spaces. You can take up one space, which means you cannot take up 2 spaces, because they do not belong to you. And it's selfish.

So in short, you can take up ONE space with one car, you cannot take up TWO spaces. Because that is an extremely rude, selfish and arrogant thing to do. And you are calling the OP a little man. Are you being sexist?

Shint0 wrote: »
    If that poster is genuine maybe it's a good thing and a reasonable, sensible solution might be reached through the thread. Here's hopin'.

Judging by her post i dont think the word reasonable is in the ladys vocabulary.

• Advertisement

And you are calling the OP a little man. Are you being sexist?
    And sizeist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Let me tell you all he chooses to do this

Unless people who are incredibly selfish and ignorant in their parking are now considered a race, the OP isn't being racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Troll or not - that post has made me laugh out loud!

Park you car right Doris and you'll live a happier life and improve the lives of those living around you! What would happen if your neighbours had guests over and they had to park their car further away because of your ignorance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Staplor

How can we get Doris to verify her identity???

Staplor wrote: »
    If they are who they claim to be, unless it can be proven that the OP deliberately acted with racist intent the implied accusation should be retracted, in my opinion.

I don't know if we can, since we don't ask the OP to verify his identity and so far have gone on his word.

Selfie across the Opel bonnet :pac:

Doris, park your car in one spot. Why should you take two and a neighbour have to park down the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

The first person to mention race in this thread was Doris. Everyone else has been saying that the parking is chronic based on the photos of the Opel being parked deliberately across two spaces.

To repeat - one car, one space. Anything else is ridiculously selfish.

Augeo wrote: »
    Selfie across the Opel bonnet :pac:

Doris, park your car in one spot. Why should you take two and a neighbour have to park down the road?

Careful now, thats racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

7c27630e03165bf917d4cd1613b8a1cf.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement