Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't give up

Options
  • 21-07-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey all, long time user/poster here but had to make a new account for anonymity reasons

Here's a short intro, i had kids young, by the time i was 23 i was a dad of 3, when i was 25 i had a vasectomy,that was 1996, crazy young i know but the relationship i was in wasn't good and i didn't want more kids.

Fast forward 5 years and i meet the woman of my dreams, she was 20, i was 30, so many people said it wouldn't work out and that we wouldn't last but we've been together now for 15great years, married for 7. My wife always sort of skirted around the subject of kids, but then when we married in 2009 we started discussing it.

My wife was diagnosed with Endomtriosis in her early 20's, some days she couldn't even get out of bed.

First things first was the issue of my snip, we went to speak to Dr Rishi in the Rotunda, he put us in touch with Dr Ted Mcdermott (Tallaght i think), he said he could do it, but as it was 14yrs since i had the op there wasn't much chance it would work. We went ahead with it anyway and the sperm counts came back with very low motility.

After trying to conceive for a few years after this we had 2 (possibly 4) miscarriages and 1 epctopic pregnancy, really was a bad time indeed for us but we're so strong together we pulled through it.

After the epctopic (in 2013) we found it really hard (harder) even, to conceive, we tried everything, all the health foods, high fertile times etc but nothing really worked. The endometriosis was really bad at this stage too

We then decided to speak to The Hari clinic, they were wonderful, the first woman dr we seen really wasn't though, she was very aloof and not hopeful at all, for some reason we went back for another appointment and spoke to a male dr, he couldn't have been more different and positive (also telling us that the previous dr had left and gone to a rival clinic)

We started IVF in October last year, this really was a 1 off shot for us as we're not rich so it was 1 shot only, when we went in for Egg retrieval we were called the next day and told we had 11 and all had fertilised, the next day this had dropped to 7 and on Day 5 we had 2 left. 1 was described as an A+ amazingly strong egg, the other, a B+ we decided to freeze.

My wife had the egg implanted on Nov 3rd and 2 weeks later we had a positive, we'd been in this position a few times before so very very cautious while inside being optimistic

We took it 1 day at a time and fair play she sailed through the pregnancy.

Last week my wife gave birth to our miracle, a perfectly healthy 7lb5oz baby girl

So don't give up, we had so much going against us but never once gave up, no wonder we both burst into tears when we heard her cry for the first time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Congratulations! That is a lovely story and made me well up (although I am battling raging pregnancy hormones at the moment). I'm delighted to hear that after all your heartache, you have your rainbow baby.

Advertisement