Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA P4 or P7

• 21-07-2016 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hey folks, have one last exam to do before finally being finished :)

The other option paper I sat was P5, I don't have any dealings with Tax so have ruled out sitting P6.

I was exempt from the F papers, so not sure how that will impact on sitting P4 or P7. I believe not having sat F9 is a bit of a hindrance to sitting P4.

Has anybody any advice on which exam they would recommend or even any details on either exam (size of course, how complicated the material is, whats the exam like - time pressured or not, exam papers similar enough etc)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Hey folks, have one last exam to do before finally being finished :)

The other option paper I sat was P5, I don't have any dealings with Tax so have ruled out sitting P6.

I was exempt from the F papers, so not sure how that will impact on sitting P4 or P7. I believe not having sat F9 is a bit of a hindrance to sitting P4.

Has anybody any advice on which exam they would recommend or even any details on either exam (size of course, how complicated the material is, whats the exam like - time pressured or not, exam papers similar enough etc)

Thanks
    i passed p4 without having done f9, it's a tough paper but doable and welcome relief from the more verbal P papers.

Where are we now.... July. No big effort but over the next six weeks I would look at the open tuition lectures and notes on F9, if you are exempt then this is just revision to get you up to speed, then go for P4 in December.

It's pretty technical mind so I would seek out tuition either online or in class

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I'm in the same position, onto the last paper now :)

I've decided to sit P7 because I've done well in the theory based papers so far and I enjoyed audit when I sat F8.

It really comes down to whether you feel your strength in exams lies in numerical or theory based papers.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

IrishAlice wrote: »
    I'm in the same position, onto the last paper now :)

I've decided to sit P7 because I've done well in the theory based papers so far and I enjoyed audit when I sat F8.

It really comes down to whether you feel your strength in exams lies in numerical or theory based papers.

Best of luck!

Hi Alice,

Which lecturer are you going to?

Any idea which variant you will be sitting? Does it make a difference?

Thanks

Hi Alice,

Which lecturer are you going to?

Any idea which variant you will be sitting? Does it make a difference?

Thanks

I'm thinking of doing the work at home on my own and then attending a revision course. Dave O'Donoghue in Independent colleges comes highly recommended.

I'm going to sit the international variant because that's what I sat for F8. I don't think it's going to make a huge difference to me other than when I'm attempting the exam itself because I don't work in audit.

The Financial accounting papers adopt international standards and you are required to know and reference standards in the exam so the international option might be better from that point of view.

Just one additional thing I thought of - I don't have any dealings with tax in work either and sat P6 in June and passed.

It's a manageable paper as long as you practice lots of questions and have a good idea of the various rules.

Just a thought :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 John Luttrell

All Independent Colleges lecturers are now at AccountancySchool.ie.

Advertisement