Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecture notes for second year- HELP!

Options
  • 21-07-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was wondering if anybody has lecture notes available from any of the modules listed below. I am heading into my second year this September and being quite a slow learner, I need all the time I can get to go over some of the notes. My G.P.A really counts this year, so I would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks guys!

BIOC20050

BIOL20030

BMOL20060
    BMOL20070
    BMOL20080
    BMOL20090

GENE20020

NEUR20050

PHYS20020

STAT10040

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emerec

If you check your blackboard there's already some of the lecture notes up although I think they may be the ones from last year, I'm sure its the same core information though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Contact the relevant schools and lecturers, explain your situation, and see if they can help you by providing notes or reading that will be relevant to next year's modules. The content and focus of modules can change from year to year, so looking at last year's modules may not be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 psychology_15

If this is something that really stresses you out, it might be worth speaking to the DSS (Disability Support Service). They are amazing if you have any challenges that impact your academic work (mental health, physical health, learning difficulties etc). They'll work with you and your lecturers to make sure that you are getting the supports you need, including lecture notes.

Also, for stats related classes there is Maths Clinic (as far as I know, anyway?) that might be able to offer some pre-term sessions with you to get you ahead.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rachel_Duggan

emerec wrote: »
    If you check your blackboard there's already some of the lecture notes up although I think they may be the ones from last year, I'm sure its the same core information though

Thanks for your advice, I recently discovered that you're right. Many of the notes have been placed on Blackboard, so I can now start taking notes and getting to grips with the material. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rachel_Duggan

If this is something that really stresses you out, it might be worth speaking to the DSS (Disability Support Service). They are amazing if you have any challenges that impact your academic work (mental health, physical health, learning difficulties etc). They'll work with you and your lecturers to make sure that you are getting the supports you need, including lecture notes.

Also, for stats related classes there is Maths Clinic (as far as I know, anyway?) that might be able to offer some pre-term sessions with you to get you ahead.

Hope this helps!

You brought up a very good point about the maths centre. I was in stats last semester and found it very difficult but never utilised their help services. I'm definitely going to do that this year :) thanks for your comment!

• Advertisement
Advertisement