Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delayed Flight Compensation

Options
  • 21-07-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for some information regarding the potential liability of my credit card company under the Consumer Credit Act 1995.

I am owed €500 for a delayed flight which the airline has agreed is due to me.

Unfortunately, the airline has ceased trading.

Can anyone tell me if the credit card company becomes liable as the flights were paid for with my credit card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If its for a flight that was cancelled, then you may be able to claim back, but you said it is due to DELAY. So did they provide the flight or not? If they did, then I cannot see any grounds for claiming back for not providing what was paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,028 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A credit card company does not become liable for EU261 compensation - and I suspect you didn't even pay that much anyway. If the airline has ceased trading you are an unsecured creditor. VLM by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

Thanks for the advice both of you. Yes, it was VLM and their flights were not cheap, always €200+.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

I got a full refund on my AIB CC when Malev went belly up. I think OP's situation is different though

Advertisement