Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin edge 25 keeps auto pause help

Options
  • 21-07-2016 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi
    so my Garmin edge 25 keeps auto pause when I am in a race with loads of other people have garmin.

1st time it happen was last Thursday, I cycle to work and it worked fine all week and at a club spin on sunday. then at d race today it started auto pausing again tonight.

any help to fix this so annoying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gmoorewest

I had the same issue with a Garmin 800, which seemed to be due to the distance between the speed sensor and the magnet on the spokes being too big. Seems to auto pause when only using gps. Hope this works

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

turn off the auto pause option?
    my edge 500 never got on with the wheel mounted sensor on the cadence/ speed sensor so I jsut dumped it, does cadence no problem but the wheel ones seems determined to override the GPS

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

Hi

Thanks for the tips, I only us the GPS as I do not have speed sensor or have a magnet on the spokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

turn off the auto pause option?
    my edge 500 never got on with the wheel mounted sensor on the cadence/ speed sensor so I jsut dumped it, does cadence no problem but the wheel ones seems determined to override the GPS

Is that not what its supposed to do? My understanding is that the speed sensor gives a better/more accurate reading as it is more constant. GPS can be iratic due to Weather conditions etc. So the Garmin will always use Speed sensor data over GPS data.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Is that not what its supposed to do? My understanding is that the speed sensor gives a better/more accurate reading as it is more constant. GPS can be iratic due to Weather conditions etc. So the Garmin will always use Speed sensor data over GPS data.
    Yes, that would be my understanding also. It's particularly useful when cycling in heavily wooded areas or where there are lots of long tunnels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement