Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Licence with good selection?

Options
  • 22-07-2016 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭

Which off-licence in sligo would have the best selection of craft beers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Which off-licence in sligo would have the best selection of craft beers?

Foley's on Castle street easy. Just realised you said craft beers, Foley's mostly traditional English beer plus Belgian, Czech and Germans and have done since long before the craft thingys, think they have a few of them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Prob Supervalu in Ballisodare

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

bennyc wrote: »
    Prob Supervalu in Ballisodare

By far the largest selection in the county. But they're missing a few, one of them being Kinnegar which happens to be a favourite of mine. Oddly enough the selection in Foleys isn't huge but they manage to get a fair amount of the seasonal beers from the likes of Galway Bay and Kinnegar (as well as their regulars), but it's not the cheapest place. Tesco is hit and miss, I know Dunnes Stores has a few but it wasn't great the last time I was there. Carry Out, formerly "Killy's", on the Mall is only slightly better than it used to be. Lidl seem to have a little stock of a few of the likes of Trouble and O' Hara's. Centras have a mish mash of stuff, depends which one you're in.

But definitely Supervalu in Ballisodare; for selection and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Cool
    I came on here to enquire about this and found the answer straight away. I'll be driving through Sligo later so it looks like I'll be calling into Ballisodare.
    On holiday mode so a few nice beers tonight be grand.
    Being Sligo an all, I assume there'll be White Hag available?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Being Sligo an all, I assume there'll be White Hag available?
    Yep, White Hag available in most Centra's / SuperValu's in the county!

Certainly towards back of SuperValu in Ballisodare, you'll spot them. Probably 4 for €10 Mix'N'Match on 330ml bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, White Hag available in most Centra's / SuperValu's in the county!

Certainly towards back of SuperValu in Ballisodare, you'll spot them. Probably 4 for €10 Mix'N'Match on 330ml bottles.

Great, I'm from down South and it's not readily available. It's a great brewery, definately in my top 3 irish breweries. I visited them last month for their 2nd birthday and had a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ballisodare is not far from Ballymote where the WH brewery is. I'm nearly sure I read that they do tours. Also try Connolly's pub in Sligo town. They have a great range and sell take-aways at a cheaper rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Sorry if it's dragging up and old thread, but I'm looking for the best offie in Sligo with the best selection of craft beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry if it's dragging up and old thread, but I'm looking for the best offie in Sligo with the best selection of craft beer.
    Foley's is your best (and only) bet in town.

For supermarkets - Supervalu in Ballisodare also very good selection, and Centra in Maugheraboy are decent too.

Personally, I tend to use CraftCentral.ie - cheaper than most offies with a flat postage fee of a fiver regardless of order size.

Advertisement