Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I just broke my espresso machine!!

Options
  • 22-07-2016 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Gaggia Cubica about 3 years now, and have been using it daily in all that time. Yesterday morning I left it powered on as when I went down this morning, it was unresponsive! with the power switch still pressed 'on'.
    I've often left it on by accident for a few hours before, but never 24 hours!!

I checked the sockets, fuse etc.. all are working fine! so have I fried my machine?

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll need to replace it, so can any of you suggest a decent quality espresso machine with milk steamer in around the €150-€300 price range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

I would attempt to fix it first. Does the Cubica have a thermal cut out? It may just be a matter of pressing a resetable thermostat.
    Have a look at this link, which sounds like your problem.
    http://dutton.me.uk/2013/02/10/rebooting-a-gaggia/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The article you linked was exactly my problem (the solution I needed).

Though I had slightly different symptoms, (mine seemed completely dead as opposed to that guy having some life still in his machine).

I took the cover off and hit the thermo reset and voila, she burst back into life when I went to test her out.

You have mine and my OH's thanks for saving the day (and saving me a few hundred quid on a new machine).

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Excellent! :-)

Advertisement