Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide dart station / malahide Castle

Options
  • 22-07-2016 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've planned to bring the family to malahide castle on Saturday. I was thinking of taking the dart instead of driving.

How long does it take to walk from the dart station to malahide castle, say where the avoca is?

(I normally drive so don't know any pedestrian access)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

10/15 minutes walk to Avoca.
    The park entrance is 1 minute walk from the station. Turn right when you exit the station and the park entrance is across the road, just past the railway bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The carpark is the entrance to the castle grounds.
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4503383,-6.1567409,184m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

When you come out of the station turn right, cross the bridge and car park entrance into the castle grounds is on the opposite side of the road. When you enter there go to the right, to the cricket pitch and follow the footpath up to the castle. If the weather is good it will be busy!

Advertisement