Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Athy

Options
  • 22-07-2016 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone recommend me a nice restaurant in Athy.I was invited to a wedding and couldnt go.So i was thinking of booking the bride and groom a lovely meal.

So any ideas would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

dubstarr wrote: »
    Can someone recommend me a nice restaurant in Athy.I was invited to a wedding and couldnt go.So i was thinking of booking the bride and groom a lovely meal.

So any ideas would be welcome.

Does it have to be Athy? The Bay Tree does reasonably good food with gluten free options but isn't open in the evenings. I wouldn't recommend anywhere else in Athy.

Try Carlow instead. Mimosa restaurant is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

They live in Athy so whether they would want to go to Carlow,i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

dubstarr wrote: »
    They live in Athy so whether they would want to go to Carlow,i dont know.

Carlow is the nearest town to Athy. It has decent restaurants open in the evening, Athy doesn't. Athy is so bad that the Supermacs and other fast food restaurants couldn't even stay in business!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Bailey's Bistro in the Clanard Court Hotel is very good. Or Royal Garden chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yes im going for Baileys Bistro as its quite near to them.Thanks for the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

http://www.novaks.ie/

This place is unreal ... We loved La Scala, really nice food even though the menu never changed. I think it had lost the energy you need to have to keep ahead of the market, even though they could have had it cornered in the town.

We have eaten on Novaks a few times already and every time was actually better than the last, but we had a family gathering there at the weekend, which sometimes is a test for a restaurant, can they keep the same standard for big groups and they did not disappoint, everybody went home talking about it. Top notch it has to be said.

We like Lennons and The Avenue in Carlow, Teach Dolmen, Mimosa and Pimento but I think that Novaks gives them a run for their money. Its brilliant to have such a good restaurant in the town. Really hope it does well

Advertisement