Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recommend anyone for electrical work?

• 22-07-2016 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭

The SV developed a few issues while I was riding to work this am:
    Lost my dipped beams, right indicator came on solid, full beam dash light came on and the horn stopped working.

Still had speedo etc and the bike started again fine but I didn't have time to check out anything else.

Anyone have any recommendations for an auto electrician who does bikes?

Forgot to mention I'm in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sounds like a earth problem.....you'll need to check for broken wire or just corroded connections..a shop will charge you a fortune to do this..."took us two days to fix it"...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

When faulting this start by asking has anything been changed recently, anyone been pulling at it, have a really good look all over before you start digging deeper then as above look for broken or frayed wire, where there are push connections pull them apart and look for dusty or green corrosion, clean them up. Probably start up around the headlamp/ front of the bike.

Try this wherever you have access you are comfortable with and you never know you might get lucky. Worth spending an hour or two yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,361 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Naked or faired SV? A lot of naked bikes have a nightmare of wiring and connections jammed into the back of the headlamp shell. Water getting in there will cause all sorts of problems. Was it raining when this happened or the night before?

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

It's the sv650s so it's got fairings but not a full one. I tried as many connections as I could over the weekend and didn't see anything obvious and nothing changed with any wiggling or the like. It was the first damp morning in a while when this started alright but I haven't made any changes recently and I use the bike daily all year round, it's kept under a cover outside at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Id lift he seat and then remove the fuel Tank tbh to have a good look under. Connections and areas where cable meets the underneath of the tank can be problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement