If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema System

Options
  • 22-07-2016 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a system to connect my PS4 , Sky Box and Apple TV and then connect to my TV. 

I'd like to have Spotify Connect, Chromecast and a multiroom system.

Eease of use is a high priority for me. 

The SONY STR-DN1060 seems to meet all this criteria. 

What is the difference between that model and the STRDN860?

Are there any other systems that you would recommend? 

Also I currently have a 5.1 sony speaker set by the impedance is 3Ohm. Do I need to get a new speaker set? If so could you recommend? 

what price could you do a combined set?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

cfingers wrote: »
    Hi,

I am thinking of getting a system to connect my PS4 , Sky Box and Apple TV and then connect to my TV. 

I'd like to have Spotify Connect, Chromecast and a multiroom system.

Eease of use is a high priority for me. 

The SONY STR-DN1060 seems to meet all this criteria. 

What is the difference between that model and the STRDN860?

Are there any other systems that you would recommend? 

Also I currently have a 5.1 sony speaker set by the impedance is 3Ohm. Do I need to get a new speaker set? If so could you recommend? 

what price could you do a combined set?

Thanks
    Hi cfingers, thanks for the post

The main differences between the 23 amps would be - http://euro.richersounds.ie/prodcompare.aspx?pid1=201352&pid2=201384

The 1060 is a 165w x 7channel amp, where the 860 is 150w x 7 channel
    The 1060 has component input/output that the 860 doesn't
    The 1060 also has an extra HDMi in and out

The amps ratings are at 6ohm impedanxce, I don't think the speakers would be suitable for the amp
    Do you know which speakers they are that you have? or would you want floor standing/satellite speakers?

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cfingers

hi Brian,

I have the speakers that came with sony ht-sf-740 and I mounted them on the wall.

i would prefer wall mountable speakers.

hi Brian,

I have the speakers that came with sony ht-sf-740 and I mounted them on the wall.

i would prefer wall mountable speakers.
    To be honest yea I would recommend changing the speakers for the Sony amp.

In mid range for Satellite speakers, I'd recommend the Wharfedale DX1 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/cssearch.aspx?searchterm=dx1 at £399/€499

Or for a high end package, which beats just about any package, the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 pack - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200190-mass-51.aspx at £599/€699

Regards
    Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks.  The Audi Mass 5.1 pack looks nice. Does it come with wall brackets?

Do you have a combined price for the Audio Mass 5.1 and Sony STR-DN1060?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Brian,

Thanks.  The Audi Mass 5.1 pack looks nice. Does it come with wall brackets?

Do you have a combined price for the Audio Mass 5.1 and Sony STR-DN1060?
    Hi,

Brian is off today so I hope you don't mind me answering on his behalf. Wall brackets aren't included with the 5.1 system but you can get specific Mass brackets at £12.95 each.

There is a bundle price at the moment for the Sony 1060 with the Mass pack. You would be looking at £829 for the amp and speakers.

Let me know what you think.

David

• Advertisement

hi David,

that looks like a great deal. Do you know long the bundle price is valid for? I'm not getting paid until week after next.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hi  David,

that looks like a great deal. Do you know long the bundle price is valid for?  I'm not getting paid until week after next.
    Hi cfingers,

I don't know how long this deal will stay on for to be honest. I can't see it finishing in two weeks but I can't be 100% sure as our pricing changes quite often. The bundle prices are usually quite steady depending on stock and availability.

Many thanks

David

hi  David,

that looks like a great deal. Do you know long the bundle price is valid for?  I'm not getting paid until week after next.
    Hi cfingers,

I don't know how long this deal will stay on for to be honest. I can't see it finishing in two weeks but I can't be 100% sure as our pricing changes quite often. The bundle prices are usually quite steady depending on stock and availability.

Many thanks

David
    Hi David,

Thanks for your help. 

I noticed that you have have refurbished Audi Mass 5.1 Speaker Package for sale. (richersounds.com/showclearanceproduct/buy/MONI-AUDIO-MASS-ES/Monitor+Audio+Mass+System+ES.html)

Would you be able to offer a price for the Sony STR-DN1060 with the refurbished speakers? 

Regards,
    Conor

hi  David,

Hi cfingers,

Many thanks

David
    Hi David,

Thanks for your help. 

I noticed that you have have refurbished Audi Mass 5.1 Speaker Package for sale. (richersounds.com/showclearanceproduct/buy/MONI-AUDIO-MASS-ES/Monitor+Audio+Mass+System+ES.html)

Would you be able to offer a price for the Sony STR-DN1060 with the refurbished speakers? 

Regards,
    Conor
    HI Conor, unfortunately the refurbished Mass pack would only be available from one of the UK mainland stores, we don't have any of them in stock locally
    We can do the Mass pack plus the STR-DN1060 brand new for you at £909+£6.99 delivery if you were interested?

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.