Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nada Surf

Options
  • 22-07-2016 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭

For anyone who likes this band?

Playing the Grand Social on the 2nd of November.

€20 to see an incredible band live in an intimate atmosphere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Not overly familiar with them but they got a few good tunes, very surprised by the ticket price and venue. If it sells out i hope it doesn't get moved to a bigger venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

lc180 wrote: »
    Not overly familiar with them but they got a few good tunes, very surprised by the ticket price and venue. If it sells out i hope it doesn't get moved to a bigger venue.

Let Go is a good starting point. Once I heard Blonde on Blonde, Killian's Red, The Way You Wear Your Head, I was hooked.

Everything since that album is in a similar vain. Earlier work is more rock orientated.

Last time they played was in 2008 in The Village, or thereabouts. Certainly wasn't jammed that night. I was on my tod, and it fúcking rocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Love High/Low, never listened to any other albums from them. Not sure why!?

Must check the others out now. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

THe new album is good, too, hoping to get along to this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Got tickets for this, surprised they are playing such a small venue. Looking forward to it, not a massive fan but i expect it'll be a good show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

get in early to see Malojian.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Anyone looking for tickets for this?

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Anyone looking for tickets for this?

plenty over on toutless. you should have no problem shifting them there

What a gig, absolutely class.

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed it, apart from the loud bald plonker at the front who kept shouting(hope that's not you). Had to leave early what was their encore?

Malojian was great too, will look up his stuff

Really enjoyed it, apart from the loud bald plonker at the front who kept shouting(hope that's not you). Had to leave early what was their encore?

That was me.

That was me.

I regret nothing I said

I regret nothing I said

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Can i ask sugarlump did you at one point shout 'what if i s**t on stage'?

Great gig, apart from the tool above. Not wholly my opinion but the whole venue.

Can i ask sugarlump did you at one point shout 'what if i s**t on stage'?

Great gig, apart from the tool above. Not wholly my opinion but the whole venue.

I believe so.

Malojian replied - You didn't spoil my evening at all. ;)
    Thank you for being into so it! :D
    I'm learning...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I believe so.

Malojian replied - You didn't spoil my evening at all. ;)
    Thank you for being into so it! :D
    I'm learning...

He was being polite.
    You should try it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

They are playing an acoustic set in tower records at 1pm today!!

just back from the tower instore. last night was class as was today. why this band arent huge puzzles me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Delayed response. Enjoyed the gig. Had a brief chat with Matthew after the gig, signed my vinyl, and explained the meaning behind See These Bones.

To the the bald plonker who pushed straight through and nearly spilt my €6 pint of beer (I tried unsuccessfully to trip you as you barged through. It's a pity I failed in this task).

Not sure what you were on buddy but some manners wouldn't go astray the next time you go to a gig.

Luckily enough the music drowned out the silly shouts, but you must have wrecked the bands head big time. :rolleyes::)

seachto7 wrote: »
    To the the bald plonker who pushed straight through and nearly spilt my €6 pint of beer (I tried unsuccessfully to trip you as you barged through. It's a pity I failed in this task).

I actually fell somewhere along the way, but miraculous saved my pint from being spilled. Going to see them on Saturday in Holland. I like the pothole term.

I actually fell somewhere along the way, but miraculous saved my pint from being spilled. Going to see them on Saturday in Holland. I like the pothole term.

haha. Enjoy. Have a doob and relax. :)

haha. Enjoy. Smoke a doob and relax :)

I did see you singing along to every song so gather you're obviously a super fan who got too excited last week!

seachto7 wrote: »
    haha. Enjoy. Smoke a doob and relax :)

I did see you singing along to every song so gather you're obviously a super fan who got too excited last week!

I never act like that (honestly), a kid at Christmas - excited x 10. I hadn't eaten that day, or been out in a long time. I had very little to drink, in comparison.

And it had been eight long years, since I last saw them. Still no excuse for my behavior to those around me.

I sincerely apologize for ruining your evening in any way.

I had a brief chat with Caws too, I ran into him tearing up. We were face to face, space invader close. I told him I'd suck his cóck. It was one of those evenings. The missus had the pleasure of recounting this merry tale.

I never act like that (honestly), a kid at Christmas - excited x 10. I hadn't eaten that day, or been out in a long time. I had very little to drink, in comparison.

And it had been eight long years, since I last saw them. Still no excuse for my behavior to those around me.

I sincerely apologize for ruining your evening in any way.

I had a brief chat with Caws too, I ran into him tearing up. We were face to face, space invader close. I told him I'd suck his cóck. It was one of those evenings. The missus had the pleasure of recounting this merry tale.

haha. Jaysus. You didn't ruin my evening. But I can imagine those beside you might have been (or may not have been) annoyed with your enthusiasm. Anyways, in hindsight, who am I to say how someone should act at a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^ Don't think Matthew'd mind..

'cos I left you a note that said,
    come on out,
    and we'll both get right off of our heads
    float up off the chairs..

Advertisement