Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for young driver

Options
  • 22-07-2016 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I recently got my driving licence using my parents car but they don't want to insure me any more, which I understand completely. I'm off to college in September and will most likely not be using a car for a few years. I'm 17 now and I'm hoping to get a job while in college to save up for a car in a few years or so.

Question is do I need to be building up my experience now so I don't get ridiculous quotes in the future?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

You might get a couple of hundred off your quote in a few years time but id imagine it would cost you more to be a named driver on a car you are not using then you will save a few years down the line
    Go to axa a check a make a quote for yourself and see the price diffrence between having no driving experience and a few years named driving experience

Advertisement