Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application documents - how long are records kept (urgent

Options
  • 22-07-2016 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Can you please advise how long mortgage application documents are kept on record with Bank of Ireland.

I have a current mortgage from 2006.  Can you please advise if BOI would still have the mortgage application records on file, or per Data Protection, would these records have expired.

Thank you.

Edit: I don't just mean the mortgage offer documents. Things like, proof of earnings etc. Personal credit information relating to the applicants....how long do BOI retain this info?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon generalquery, 

We're just looking into this for you and will come back as soon as we have a response. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning generalquery, 

Thank you for your patience on this matter. 

We can confirm that personal information like this is retained on file for 7 years and the same after the date of account closure. I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement