Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hire car insurance charges

Options
  • 22-07-2016 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I booked a hire car online for a recent trip to Spain through a third party online website.
    At the car hire desk in the airport the agent didn't speak good English and we hadn't a word of Spanish.
    We added an additional driver to the policy and were told we needed to pay for this plus a deposit which would be refunded. It all seemed ok, but a received an email yesterday which listed the money which I thought was a deposit as an extra insurance pack, which wasn't going to be refunded.

The company is dodging my emails and when I called they just said they'd look into it. No response yet.

Is there anything I can do to get my money? The contract we signed in Spain was in Spanish and very little was explained to us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When you handed over the money you got a receipt or invoice right? DOes that detail out what you were paying for? If that says 'deposit' then you are covered.
    You may need to get a Spanish speaker to have a look at the documentation you got to see what it says.

Advertisement