Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Cert? What's the best way to do it?

Options
  • 22-07-2016 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I'm just posting on this to see what the best way of going about getting the green cert is. I'm working full-time in a different sector, so obviously I'd rather pursue the online option. I've heard lots of different ways of doing the course, along with plenty of different prices. I was told that having a Level 8 degree would make it cheaper and easier to achieve the green cert. Is that true?

I'm in no major rush with it, I'd just like to have it to held the aul fella get a few more euro from grants before I take the reigns in the next few years. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Grueller

Hi everyone,

I'm just posting on this to see what the best way of going about getting the green cert is. I'm working full-time in a different sector, so obviously I'd rather pursue the online option. I've heard lots of different ways of doing the course, along with plenty of different prices. I was told that having a Level 8 degree would make it cheaper and easier to achieve the green cert. Is that true?

I'm in no major rush with it, I'd just like to have it to held the aul fella get a few more euro from grants before I take the reigns in the next few years. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hard to say without knowing your location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I think they are making a lot of changes to the Green cert next year, may influence your decision. Online course I did wasn't really online at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Hi everyone,

Cheers.
    Won't he have to hand the reins over to you for you to get the grants?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Won't he have to hand the reins over to you for you to get the grants?

I'd say you're right , unless there is a partnership scheme or something .
    The beauty of being the auld fella is he can apply for the grants without any green cert .

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Saturday option has become very popular for lads/ladies working full time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭893bet

sonnybill wrote: »
    Saturday option has become very popular for lads/ladies working full time

I didn't realise there was Saturday option?

I am planning on booking mine also. Limerick area. Any info most welcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭waalaa

If they are making changes to the green cert they could do with offering an actual distance learning course and not some hybrid version that it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'd say you're right , unless there is a partnership scheme or something .
    The beauty of being the auld fella is he can apply for the grants without any green cert .

Your name has to be on the herd number and the bank account that the grants are paid into anyway.

Advertisement