Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upskilling in the BA

• 22-07-2016 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Im looking to upskill in the BA. I was thinking computers. Are there regiments that do that?

Ive applied to the Royal Navy for commando selection but just in case I dont pass the selection I want a plan B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

Did you know there is a website called ARRSE where people of the Armed forces from across the pond can talk to fellow travellers on that pathway.

They have lots of different forums such as the NAFFI bar etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Im looking to upskill in the BA. I was thinking computers. Are there regiments that do that?

Ive applied to the Royal Navy for commando selection but just in case I dont pass the selection I want a plan B.

ARRSE can be a fine resource :-) there are others.

Likely you are looking for something like the Royal Signals

https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/36/communication-systems-operator/

Why dont you phone the Army Careers office in Coleraine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Do you mean the Royal Marines?

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mitchconnor16

tac foley wrote: »

Do you mean the Royal Marines?

tac
    yes

The Royal Marines is not a 'commando section', it is a prestigious arm of service with an almost three hundred year history of extreme violence and the audacity and training needed to commit it. I respectfully suggest that you do a bit of reading up before/if you get to an interview with the Royal Marine recruiting staff so that you don't make a great plawk of yourself.

Just sayin'.

tac

PS - You may have noticed that there is no charge for using words on this site, and a little pleasantness in responding to people trying to help you would not go amiss.

• Advertisement

@OP - I apologise for misreading your post. Please ignore the first sentence of post #6. I'd also be grateful if you would take the time to amend the second sentence to read '.......The Royal Marines is a prestigious.....' etc.

The rest of it stands.

For reasons that are inexplicable, I am unable to edit my posts here.

tac

Advertisement