Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely frustrated!

Options
  • 22-07-2016 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi

I have holiday home in Donegal, which has a telephone line and broadband installed as I often have to work at weekends while at the holiday home. We have had this for about 10 years.

A fault developed on the line about 4 months ago. I was told that engineers were only available on weekdays and to contact Eir the next time I was at the house during the week.

On Monday this week I made arrangements (online chat) for an engineer to attend on Friday (today) to resolve the ongoing issue. I left 2 contact numbers to ensure that the engineer / Eir could contact me if needed.

Today I waited and waited and waited. By 2pm things weren't looking good, so my husband phoned Eir, and after speaking to 4 call handlers, was to told that the engineer had been dispatched at 1.37pm and should be with us in 10/15 minutes. So we waited and waited and waited.

At 3.30 my husband phoned again to report the engineer missing and to alert the guards! After being passed through another 2 call handlers and spending 50 minutes on the phone (this was an expensive call as it was from a UK mobile number) he was told that 'dispatched' doesn't necessarily mean that the engineer was on his way - my husband was obviously misled on the earlier call when he was advised that the engineer was enroute. The call handler said that could still be there by 5.30pm and he would raise it with his manager and call me after 5.30pm. There was no call.

So after having no service for 4 months, making an appointment as requested, taking a day off work, waiting in all day, and spending a fortune in mobile phone calls we still have no service.

I am now in a local cafe using their wifi to write this. We are obviously very frustrated.

What can you do to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Absolutely normal practice from eircon.

Terrible customer service and also very good at overcharging and taking huge sums of money when not given permission to.

Shocking company to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

Hi Eir - Can you help?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

I'm still having no luck with Eir this morning. Nobody wants to pick up the phone and the online chat is too busy.  I managed to get a response via Twitter to be told that I hadn't set up an appointment earlier in the week! This is incorrect and I have the reference number for the online chat I had with Antony.

So in the absence of any true customer service reluctantly I'm going to have to look at other options.  Can anyone advise?  I'm in Co Donegal near Dunfanaghy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

mojopolo wrote: »
    I'm still having no luck with Eir this morning. Nobody wants to pick up the phone and the online chat is too busy.  I managed to get a response via Twitter to be told that I hadn't set up an appointment  earlier in the week! This is incorrect and I have the reference number for the online chat I had with Antony.

So in the absence of any true customer service reluctantly I'm going to have to look at other options.  Can anyone advise?  I'm in Co Donegal near Dunfanaghy.
    Hi mojopolo,

Thank you for getting in touch :)I am very sorry to hear this.

I can see you have been speaking with my colleague Ammy on Twitter and unfortunately we cannot offer you better news on this.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement