Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF Stage 20 146.5km Megève-Morzine-Avoriaz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Bit fecking late for the show boating isn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Don't have the maths done but is Dan's top 10 at risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Steeper climbs
    Ah now in fairness you can't be attacking the yellow jersey in the rain a day after he fell. That wouldn't be very fair now would it!

Nobody attacked the yellow jersey, because nobody was able to.
    Fairness had nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Purito got a bit of time back on Dan

Steeper climbs
    JK.BMC wrote: »

Don't think so, he will drop to 10th, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

JK.BMC wrote: »

I think Dan has finished 10th, with Kreuziger only 5 seconds behind in 11th. Purito in 9th.

EDIT: I forgot about Aru. Have no idea where he finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Steeper climbs
    Aru and Mollema lost serious time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Apart from yesterday and the 1st stage that was a poor TDF. No one with balls to attack the GC or take a risk & gamble. Though someone could redeem themselves tomorrow by giving tradition the 2 fingers and fecking off up the road while froome sips champagne and realises hes lost minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Steeper climbs
    Martin was lucky Aru lost time. The slow pace sky led them in meant he lost out to Kreuziger and Rodriguez.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Quintana finally attacks with 300m of the tour to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Shorter stages
    1. GBR FROOME Christopher 1 TEAM SKY 86h 21' 40''
    2. FRA BARDET Romain 41 AG2R LA MONDIALE 86h 25' 45'' + 04' 05''
    3. COL QUINTANA Nairo 11 MOVISTAR TEAM 86h 26' 01'' + 04' 21''
    4. GBR YATES Adam 209 ORICA-BIKEEXCHANGE 86h 26' 22'' + 04' 42''
    5. AUS PORTE Richie 91 BMC RACING TEAM 86h 26' 57'' + 05' 17''
    6. ESP VALVERDE Alejandro 12 MOVISTAR TEAM 86h 27' 56'' + 06' 16''
    7. ESP RODRIGUEZ Joaquin 141 TEAM KATUSHA 86h 28' 38'' + 06' 58''
    8. RSA MEINTJES Louis 157 LAMPRE - MERIDA 86h 28' 38'' + 06' 58''
    9. IRL MARTIN Daniel 184 ETIXX-QUICK STEP 86h 28' 44'' + 07' 04''
    10. CZE KREUZIGER Roman 36 TINKOFF 86h 28' 51'' + 07' 11''

Martin Stays 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Its ok Kittel is going to lead out Dan on the Champs Elysses tomorrow and the 10 second time bounus will see him leapfrog Meintjes and Purrito.:D:D:D

Now to check Dans stage odds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Steeper climbs
    Aru is just after arriving...17 minutes later. Jees

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Did young Yates not have any dig on the descent? Weird. 21 seconds off the podium and I don't think he tried one time.

Dan lucky to conserve position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Massive implosion from Aru, +17min

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No radio communications between riders and cars
    Cracking stage. Great watch

Steeper climbs
    letape wrote: »
    Dan still 9th. Rodriquez only gained a handful of seconds and needed nearly a minute to jump him. Pity Dan couldn't have gotten the 6 seconds he needed to get 8th.

Rodriquez is in front of Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

letape wrote: »
    Dan still 9th. Rodriquez only gained a handful of seconds and needed nearly a minute to jump him. Pity Dan couldn't have gotten the 6 seconds he needed to get 8th.

Wha?

Steeper climbs
    Tejay Van Garderen lost over 15 minutes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Tejay Van Garderen lost over 15 minutes today.

He lost over 30 minutes on Friday.
    And over 4 minutes in the ITT on Thursday.
    Tejay's TdF was over unfortunately a long time ago.

I don't think he's good enough to get a TdF podium. He should try some of the other GTs. He's only done the Vuelta once, and never the Giro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Shorter stages

I don't think he's good enough to get a TdF podium. He should try some of the other GTs. He's only done the Vuelta once, and never the Giro.

Went out sick last yesr didnt he? I dont think mentally hes tough enough.People often get sick when psychologically suffering.

Steeper climbs

A couple of years ago, I thought that he might be the 2nd American to win the TdF. Shows how much I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Shorter stages
    terrydel wrote: »
    Went out sick last yesr didnt he? I dont think mentally hes tough enough.People often get sick when psychologically suffering.

I've been psychologically suffering and I've only been watching bits of it. Come to think of it I better go out and get some fresh air of my own before I come down with something. And I think I've learnt my lesson and in future will stick to the Vuelta and Giro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Eamonnator wrote: »
    A couple of years ago, I thought that he might be the 2nd American to win the TdF. Shows how much I know.

I see what you did there! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Steeper climbs
    I haven't seen such an inept weak performance by so many since England lost to Iceland. Really hope the vuelta lives up to its usual excitement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

2 stages per day
    That was an amazing decent in those conditions, I was at the edge of my seat willing him not to have a slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Let be honest, Froome is by far the strongest GC rider in the peloton today, and only really Contador is close. Contador has made mistakes that have cost us a good match up, riding the Giro before the Tour last year, crashing out this year.

Not only is Froome the strongest rider, he has by far the strongest team, always well protected with riders designated to help in the Pyrenees and then latterly in the Alpes, all riding for Froome and not themselves, you don't see that in any of the other GC teams, full cohesion behind one GC effort. He could well win 3,4 or even 5 more Tours if he stays upright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

2 stages per day
    Quintana was probably most overrated/disappointing (or both) GC contender in this TdF, maybe alongside T.J. Van Garderen. He barely attacked and when he did it's hard to call it an attack. With T.J. I presume Porte was "looking after" him and I wonder why didn't BMC let Porte loose much sooner.

If Quintana wasn't in best form why as a PRO having TdF as a main goal for the season he can't get it right...?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

U know it's been a poor tour when Quintana makes the podium and he only attacked with 300 metres to go on last mountain stage ha. The route was nowhere near as exciting as froomes previous 2 wins. The race missed contador nibali being in contention for overall as they will always give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

omri wrote: »
    Quintana was probably most overrated/disappointing (or both) GC contender in this TdF, maybe alongside T.J. Van Garderen. He barely attacked and when he did it's hard to call it an attack. With T.J. I presume Porte was "looking after" him and I wonder why didn't BMC let Porte loose much sooner.

If Quintana wasn't in best form why as a PRO having TdF as a main goal for the season he can't get it right...?

I assume the time Porte lost very early on made that decision for them. Had he not lost 2+ mins so early, and contador not crashed then withdrawn it would've been a very different tour.

Sky are a well oiled machine out to win the big prize. Movistsr have good cyclists but Quintana seemed to never have any support and lost 2 team mates.

Ettix had duel ambitions with Kittel and Dan you'd think and alaphilippe seemed to have carte blanche at times to do whatever he wanted.

Its up to other teams to ensure their lead guy has at least 2/3 people he can depend on each day.

Maybe shorter stages, smaller teams, less power data and I'm not sure what else but sky executed their plan very well whether we like it or not

Advertisement