Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring data

Options
  • 22-07-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry if this has been covered many times but is it possible to transfer my data from the old 4s to my new 5s without loosing the pics I have on the 5s already, I've been using the 5s as a camera up until now but I want to use it as my fone now.
    I've no acces to to computer either. Any help appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 1878_

If you go to Settings/iCloud/Photos and turn on iCloud Photo library.

When you login to your knew phone they should sync to it. Photos will be in Apple's iCloud.

Alternatively you could use Dropbox to back them up and start afresh or Google Photos. I use both. Dropbox - back up; Google Photo's - to have to hand (via data connection). The Google photos app interface is much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Thanks for your help.
    But my problem is I only want to transfer my data/apps etc (everything but music and pics) to my new phone. BUT, I have a lot of pics on my new fone already I don't want to loose.
    It's looking like I'll either have to back them up somewhere first but I'm one of those rare homes in Ireland that has no computer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johnny11

Back them up

Advertisement