Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show moved to a 'cheaper' venue

Options
  • 22-07-2016 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

A few weeks back, I bought tickets to a show in London. I paid STG£65 per ticket from Ticketmaster. 2 weeks ago, I received noticed that the venue was being changed. Bit of a palaver, hotels etc booked closed to original venue, all that, but fine, I'm going over anyway. Today I received my 'new' booking confirmation, and took a look online. The section I'm, seats are selling right now for STG£51. My original tickets are non-refundable, otherwise I'd just cancel and re-book, but do I have any comeback here? I can't tell from the venue website whether there are better tickets at better prices, but in my mind, I should either be refunded £14 or be offered 'better' seats?

The TM response to my query was:
    I am unsure why the price is listed different on another website as the price is set by the promoter.
    We have not been made aware of any price changes to this event so the price you paid will stand at this time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

corblimey wrote: »
    A few weeks back, I bought tickets to a show in London. I paid STG£65 per ticket from Ticketmaster. 2 weeks ago, I received noticed that the venue was being changed. Bit of a palaver, hotels etc booked closed to original venue, all that, but fine, I'm going over anyway. Today I received my 'new' booking confirmation, and took a look online. The section I'm, seats are selling right now for STG£51. My original tickets are non-refundable, otherwise I'd just cancel and re-book, but do I have any comeback here? I can't tell from the venue website whether there are better tickets at better prices, but in my mind, I should either be refunded £14 or be offered 'better' seats?

The TM response to my query was:

I am 99% sure that they have to refund you if the venue etc changes, and you receive a material loss - like that seems to be.

Definitely don't let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

They are on ticket master for 14 less or a diff website?

Can happen and hardly tm's fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

I am 99% sure that they have to refund you if the venue etc changes, and you receive a material loss - like that seems to be.

Definitely don't let it go.

In Ireland they'd have to give you the option to cancel and receive a refund.

But venue change wouldn't be seen as anything major.

Also the op would have to rebook and refund would be at current exchange rate, so there's a 10% currency loss.

So unless the op wants to cancel, take a currency loss, risk less good tickets on rebooking, they just need to take it on the chin and don't allow it affect their enjoyment of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

They are on ticket master for 14 less or a diff website?

Can happen and hardly tm's fault?

Ticketmaster for both.
    VincePP wrote: »
    In Ireland they'd have to give you the option to cancel and receive a refund.

But venue change wouldn't be seen as anything major.

Also the op would have to rebook and refund would be at current exchange rate, so there's a 10% currency loss.

So unless the op wants to cancel, take a currency loss, risk less good tickets on rebooking, they just need to take it on the chin and don't allow it affect their enjoyment of the show

They did. They sent out the email saying 'Venue has been changed, do you want to move with the venue or get a refund?'. Since I was going over anyway, I went with the move. There was quite a bit of messing around first though with multiple emails being sent out and clueless customer service agents, so I'm quite annoyed with TM, and then to check out the new venue last night and find the tickets are cheaper...

The sticky part is that night I'm going is currently set as 'not currently on sale' on Ticketmaster. I assume this is because they're waiting for more replies to their 'refund or move' email before they sell the rest of the seats. So the cheaper price is for the second show, the next night. So in theory, they could just lump up the prices for the first night when it finally goes on sale, just to cover themselves. I'm going to keep an eye on it over the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Remember, ticketmaster don't set the prices. They are simply the sales agent, so any ire should be at the promoter who decides the prices.

As they gave you an option for refund, then there is nothing more you can do.

Don't let it ruin the show - some times its better just to accept a situation even if its unfair.

• Advertisement
Advertisement