Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season long bets/accumulators (2016/17)

• 22-07-2016 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭

That time of year again,started to look into a accums today.
    Nothing concrete yet but a few ideas.

Anyone place one yet ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Juventus
    Barcelona
    Bayern
    Psg
    Psv
    Aguero
    Monaco to finish top 3
    Rangers to win without Celtic
    Newcastle to be promoted
    117/1 on paddy power

might trim this down by 2 or 3 but it's what I'm thinking at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Juventus
    Barcelona
    Bayern
    Psg
    Psv
    Aguero
    Monaco to finish top 3
    Rangers to win without Celtic
    Newcastle to be promoted
    117/1 on paddy power

might trim this down by 2 or 3 but it's what I'm thinking at the mo.

Monaco guaranteed top 3
    Newcastle 90% as long as they keep most players from last season

Monaco guaranteed top 3
    Newcastle 90% as long as they keep most players from last season

Id prefer a Dortmund to win without Bayern instead of Bayern to win outright, 1/7 is terrible but is expected I guess, Aswell as a feyenoord to win without Ajax and psv in of psv to win, hopefully there will be more options in the coming weeks.

Id prefer a Dortmund to win without Bayern instead of Bayern to win outright, 1/7 is terrible but is expected I guess, Aswell as a feyenoord to win without Ajax and psv in of psv to win, hopefully there will be more options in the coming weeks.

Dortmund win is a definite w/o bayern of course!
    Feyenoord // Psv // Ajax are all equally as good ask inforfun as hes the man for all dutch teams, as well of his perception of feyenoords abilities this year ;)

Going for the early retirement accumulator and need your wisdom boards people, this is what I've narrowed it down to.

Bayern to win Bundesliga
    Juventus to win Serie A
    Monaco to finish top 3 in Ligue 1
    Newcastle to be promoted
    Rangers to be top without Celtic
    Aguero top goalscorer E/W
    Germany to top their qualifying group
    England to top their qualifying group
    Belgium to top their qualifying group

This all comes in at 73.25/1

What is the biggest risk here? Anything I should add? Anything I should take out?
    Psg without Ibra will suffer so should drop points giving Lyon and Monaco the incentive to go for it, aguero will be tg if he remains fit, his goals to games ratio is just too good, Germany and England have handy enough qualifying groups I think. Bayern and juventus are leagues ahead of their rivals although the pogba situation will make me wait for this one, Rangers proved their metal in last years cup final, Newcastle under Benitez look good, not too sure about Belgium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Yearly punt to try pull together a Vegas fund for next summer...

Burnley - relegation
    Rotherham - relegation
    Barcelona - Champions League

Pays 24/1 - can lay some off if we make it to the CL Final

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Well lads was away for a few months there around Asia, hope yee all keeping well and had a profitable Euros! Hit the bar last season for a couple of big bets, hoping for a bit more luck this season.

-Stoke top 10 finish 2/1
    -Juve serie A o/r 1/2
    -Doncaster top 7 league 2 finish 8/11
    -Charlton top 6 finish league 1 1/1
    -Aberdeen w/o old firm 8/13
    -Norwich top 6 finish championship 1/1
    -Monaco top 3 finish 5/6

30e acca pays 2,530.

The above with Barca and Psv o/r 10e pays 2,850.

Will probably do a couple more as the season draws closer, anyone know when the racing post pullout is out?

Well lads was away for a few months there around Asia, hope yee all keeping well and had a profitable Euros! Hit the bar last season for a couple of big bets, hoping for a bit more luck this season.

-Stoke top 10 finish 2/1
    -Juve serie A o/r 1/2
    -Doncaster top 7 league 2 finish 8/11
    -Charlton top 6 finish league 1 1/1
    -Aberdeen w/o old firm 8/13
    -Norwich top 6 finish championship 1/1
    -Monaco top 3 finish 5/6

30e acca pays 2,530.

The above with Barca and Psv o/r 10e pays 2,850.

Will probably do a couple more as the season draws closer, anyone know when the racing post pullout is out?

Higuain to juventus = Juventus champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

As a novice to these bets, would I place these bets online, or would the bookies think I'm mad if I walked in and placed it?

As a novice to these bets, would I place these bets online, or would the bookies think I'm mad if I walked in and placed it?

To be honest i wouldn't be ashamed as its a common ritual among punters, there be a load of lads like yourself who'd be doing that before the season starts you never know at the end of the day it might come in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Aguero - Prem League Top Scorer
    Jordan Ayew - Championship Top Scorer

Double

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Accum

Bayern Munich (to win the league)
    Monaco (top 3 finish)
    Aberdeen (w/o Old Firm teams)
    Newcastle (to win the Championship)
    Juventus (to win the league)
    Hull (to be bottom on Christmas Day)

58/1 with Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

aguero will be tg if he remains fit, his goals to games ratio is just too good

Very big if...

Thinking about going big on Hull/Burnley relegation double but I got badly burned on my 'sure thing' big bet last year, Stoke top Midlands team...

Very big if...

Thinking about going big on Hull/Burnley relegation double but I got badly burned on my 'sure thing' big bet last year, Stoke top Midlands team...

Sure don't I know it, he cost me just under 5k last season :)........... :(
    Putting him down as e/w to cover in the event that he comes 2nd-6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Very big if...

Still sick over Stoke. They let me down in a ten fold.Bet was gone by Xmas in reality but was still waiting for Leicester to have a complete meltdown in March:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Stickied.

And oh.... Feyenoord will win the Eredivisie this year.

inforfun wrote: »
    Stickied.

And oh.... Feyenoord will win the Eredivisie this year.

I wonder will they have that disastrous spell of run of games this season as compared to last season, hope im wrong!

I wonder will they have that disastrous spell of run of games this season as compared to last season, hope im wrong!

Take away that 7 losses in a row and they would have been champions.... Not realistic that should have been 7 wins though as there was Ajax and PSV included in that "run"
    But without that freak run they would have been 5 points behind.
    With no one leaving and having bought Jorgensen from Copenhagen, who has made a very good impression so far and still looking for a right winger things will be a lot closer.
    Once they have that rw sorted, they are definitely worth a punt.

Going for the early retirement accumulator and need your wisdom boards people, this is what I've narrowed it down to.

Bayern to win Bundesliga
    Juventus to win Serie A
    Monaco to finish top 3 in Ligue 1
    Newcastle to be promoted
    Rangers to be top without Celtic
    Aguero top goalscorer E/W
    Germany to top their qualifying group
    England to top their qualifying group
    Belgium to top their qualifying group

This all comes in at 73.25/1

What is the biggest risk here? Anything I should add? Anything I should take out?
    Psg without Ibra will suffer so should drop points giving Lyon and Monaco the incentive to go for it, aguero will be tg if he remains fit, his goals to games ratio is just too good, Germany and England have handy enough qualifying groups I think. Bayern and juventus are leagues ahead of their rivals although the pogba situation will make me wait for this one, Rangers proved their metal in last years cup final, Newcastle under Benitez look good, not too sure about Belgium.

Pretty sure you can't put Aguero e/w in that bet as the rest are outright win bets? I think there is some good value in looking at top 6/7 finishes in championship and league 1/2, especially in league 1 where Sheffield United are somehow favorites every year( finished 11th last year and favs again!).

Pretty sure you can't put Aguero e/w in that bet as the rest are outright win bets? I think there is some good value in looking at top 6/7 finishes in championship and league 1/2, especially in league 1 where Sheffield United are somehow favorites every year( finished 11th last year and favs again!).

A bit of a blooper on my part, still happy to go with aguero as top goalscorer this season in my accu, I wouldn't be too privy on the championship and lower divisions, going to pay more attention to them this season. Something must of gone into the pies over in Sheffield for them to underachieve as much as they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Newcastle promotion
    Barca O/R
    Juve O/R
    Monaco top 3
    Chelsea O/R

50/1

Taken from another forum, thought it might be useful for some on here(especially the layers)

Over the last few seasons I have been relatively successful betting on Ante Post football by following a serious of betting statistics.

I have also posted this analysis on the Betfair Football forum

You may have already read my handicap preview and made some use of the statistics I have produced there.

Now I look at the betting statistics of the Championship, League One and League Two with the aim of highlighting some trends that can be used to help identify the value selections and delete those, who statistically, have a only slim chance at best of winning their divisions.

This will be the fourth season I have posted this analysis, a lot of the facts still apply having updated the returns for the 2015-2016 season.

Last season I advised that DERBY/MIDDLESBORO, SHEFF UTD and PORTSMOUTH, who were the cornerstones of many ante-post football accas, were statistically very much up against it and had to be opposed, and not surprisingly none of them won their respective leagues.

LETS LOOK AT THE LAST 17 SEASONS STATISTICS BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR ANTE-POST FOOTBALL WAGERS

LAST 17 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS WITH OPENING DAY OF SEASON ODDS

1999–2000 Charlton Athletic 10/1
    2000–01 Fulham 6/1
    2001–02 Manchester City 7/2 FAVOURITE
    2002–03 Portsmouth 22/1
    2003–04 Norwich City 25/1
    2004–05 Sunderland 10/1
    2005–06 Reading 25/1
    2006–07 Sunderland 8/1
    2007–08 West Bromwich Albion 8/1
    2008–09 Wolverhampton Wanderers 14/1
    2009–10 Newcastle United 8/1
    2010–11 Queens Park Rangers 12/1
    2011–12 Reading 16/1
    2012–13 Cardiff 12/1
    2013-14 Leicester 12/1
    2014-15 Bournemouth 25/1
    2015-16 Burnley 14/1

ONLY 1 FAVOURITE HAS WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE LAST 17 SEASONS, however, this season the market has the shortest ever priced favourite in Newcastle United, can they defy the stats? I BELIEVE SO!

15 OF THE LAST 17 WINNERS HAVE BETWEEN 8/1 AND 25/1 an 88.2% strike rate and there are 6 teams in the ante post market that are in that bracket. The combined price of backing all 6 is 5/4 which is significantly better value than the odds the stats imply which would be 1/8!

ONLY 5 RELEGATED SIDES HAVE WON THE DIVISION THE NEXT SEASON: Charlton 00, Man City 02, Sunderland 07, Newcastle 10 and Burnley last season @ 29% - The combined price of Newcastle, Norwich or Aston Villa winning the league is 5/6, hardly represents value on the stats!

ONLY 5 TEAMS THAT MADE THE PLAY-OFFS THE PREVIOUS SEASON, won the league the next season: Sunderland 05, WBA 08, Reading 12, Cardiff 13 and Leicester 14, a strike rate of 29.7%, so still less likely to happen than happen, however the combined price of Sheff Wednesday, Derby and Brighton is 4/1 and that represents better value than the statistics suggest the price should be.

NO PROMOTED SIDE IN THE 17 SEASONS HAS WON THE DIVISION IN THE SEASON FOLLOWING PROMOTION!!

If we use the 8/1 to 25/1 bracket as the place most likely to provide the winner, then Norwich, Aston Villa, Sheff Wednesday, Derby, Wolves and Brighton are the teams who are most likely going to topple THE TOON, and statistically, represent better value.

LAST 17 DIVISION ONE WINNERS WITH OPENING DAY OF SEASON ODDS

1999-00 Preston North End 12/1
    2000–01 Millwall 9/1
    2001–02 Brighton 20/1
    2002–03 Wigan Athletic 8/1
    2003–04 Plymouth Argyle 20/1
    2004–05 Luton Town 33/1
    2005–06 Southend United 50/1
    2006–07 Scunthorpe United 66/1
    2007–08 Swansea City 11/1
    2008–09 Leicester City 6/1
    2009–10 Norwich City 8/1
    2010–11 Brighton 14/1
    2011–12 Charlton Athletic 8/1
    2012–13 Doncaster 14/1
    2013-14 Wolves 4/1 FAVOURITE
    2014-15 Bristol City 8/1
    2015-16 Wigan 7/1

ONLY 1 FAVOURITE IN 17 SEASONS, WOLVES IN 2014-15 - SHEFFIELD UNITED MUST BE A MASSIVE Lay AGAIN!!!

13 OF THE WINNERS WERE PRICED BETWEEN 6/1 AND 20/1 (76.5%), with 3 rags also winning at 33/1, 50/1 and 66/1.

ONLY 1 PROMOTED TEAM HAS WON THE DIVISION THE SEASON FOLLOWING PROMOTION - Brighton 2001-02.

ONLY 4 RELEGATED TEAMS HAVE WON THE DIVISION THE SEASON FOLLOWING RELEGATION - Norwich 2009-10, Doncaster 2012-13 and Wolves 2013-14 and Wigan last season – 23.5%. Betting Bolton, Charlton and the MK Dons is a combined price of 7/2 so that represents the same odds that the statistics suggest the price should be.

Statistically, the winner is most likely to come from the 6/1 to 20/1 bracket and not be a relegated or a promoted team so that leaves us with: Peterboro, Bradford, Coventry and Millwall,

LAST 17 DIVISION TWO WINNERS WITH OPENING DAY OF SEASON ODDS

1999-00 Swansea City 8/1
    2000–01 Brighton 10/1
    2001–02 Plymouth 20/1
    2002–03 Rushden & Diamonds 8/1
    2003–04 Doncaster Rovers 33/1
    2004–05 Yeovil Town 12/1
    2005–06 Carlisle United 25/1
    2006–07 Walsall 12/1
    2007–08 Milton Keynes Dons 9/1
    2008–09 Brentford 20/1
    2009–10 Notts County 7/2 FAVOURITE
    2010–11 Chesterfield 14/1
    2011–12 Swindon Town 10/1
    2012–13 Gillingham 20/1
    2013-14 Chesterfield 8/1
    2014-15 Burton 16/1
    2015-16 Northampton 16/1

SO ONCE AGAIN, ONLY 1 WINNING FAVOURITE IN 17 SEASONS - Notts County in 2009-10 - PORTSMOUTH GO TO POST AS FAVOURITES AGAIN AND MUST BE A MASSIVE Lay (AGAIN)!!

15 OF THE 17 WINNERS WERE BETWEEN 8/1 AND 25/1 - 88.2% strike rate!!

NO RELEGATED TEAM HAS WON THE DIVISION THE SEASON FOLLOWING RELEGATION!!

NO CONFERENCE CHAMPION HAS WON THE DIVISION THE SEASON FOLLOWING PROMOTION, ALTHOUGH 2 PROMOTED TEAMS, DONCASTER ROVERS 04 AND CARLISLE 06, DID SO AFTER WINNING THE CONFERENCE PLAY-OFFS.

On the stats, the winner is most likely to come from: Luton, Cambridge, Leyton O, Plymouth, Notts Co, Wycombe and Carlisle, all 7 teams played in the division last season and are in the correct price bracket.

Therefore the three favourites, NEWCASTLE, SHEFF UTD and PORTSMOUTH, who will be the cornerstones of many of your ante-post football bets, are statistically very much up against it, and statistically should all be opposed.

However, the fact that Rafael Benitez has agreed to remain in charge of THE TOON leads me to believe that there will be a far more positive attitude and atmosphere at St James' Park this forth coming season and this will lead to them being too good at this level. Rafa turned things around in the few matches he had to work with at Newcastle and was just unfortunate that he was only 1 or 2 games short of what was needed to save them from relegation. One of the 3 favourites that won in the 3 by 17 sample was Notts County in 2009-10, the Manager then was Sven, quality leadership is a must!

On that basis I will go against the stats on this occasion and will not be laying THE TOON, but certainly WILL be laying Sheff Utd and Portsmouth.

Good Luck With Your Picks

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

Racing post pull out in today's paper

madmax72 wrote: »
    Racing post pull out in today's paper

Cheers, will grab it later and post up a quick run down for anyone that missed it.

Guy ahead of me in Easons was buying it, would have myself if I had been a bit sharper.

Thoughts on Milwall 11/1 for League 1? Always think those sort of odds for second favourite in any market must be value...

Guy ahead of me in Easons was buying it, would have myself if I had been a bit sharper.

Thoughts on Milwall 11/1 for League 1? Always think those sort of odds for second favourite in any market must be value...

Especially when favorites are perrenial underachievers sheff united. Millwall tipped up in the post pull out today.

Lass would lyon be a cert for a top 3 finish @ 1/2 ?

Looking at a few short price certs to hopefully get me back out to Thailand next summer :)

Palace bottom half finish 2/9
    Juve o/r 4/11
    Aberdeen w/o old firm 8/13
    Lyon top 3 1/2
    Millwall top 6 6/5
    Norwich top 6 5/6
    Bayern Lev top 4 4/6

75 pays back 2000. Anyone any thoughts? Millwall only one I'm only really worried about. Or if anyone can spot a short priced 'cert' in any league let me know. Thanks.

Especially when favorites are perrenial underachievers sheff united. Millwall tipped up in the post pull out today.

Lass would lyon be a cert for a top 3 finish @ 1/2 ?

Psg, monaco, lyon top 3 i would be very very suprised if this doesnt come in!!

Looking at a few short price certs to hopefully get me back out to Thailand next summer :)

Juve o/r 4/11
    Lyon top 3 1/2
    Millwall top 6 6/5
    Norwich top 6 5/6
    Bayern Lev top 4 4/6

75 pays back 2000. Anyone any thoughts? Millwall only one I'm only really worried about. Or if anyone can spot a short priced 'cert' in any league let me know. Thanks.

Maybe I shouldn't be backing them to win the thing then.:P Everton to finsh top half round 1/2 looks pretty watertight, given their new manager...

Btw Daryl Murphy 80/1 with Coral to be top Championship scorer looks like a great e/w punt.

• Advertisement

Maybe I shouldn't be backing them to win the thing then.:P Everton to finsh top half round 1/2 looks pretty watertight, given their new manager...

Btw Daryl Murphy 80/1 with Coral to be top Championship scorer looks like a great e/w punt.

TBH I'm only not sure about it because I don't follow League 1 too closely and its a pretty volatile league, but seen a fair few tipping them up so would have to have a pretty good chance of getting top 6.

Everton should get top 10 alright but couldn't back them at that price.

inforfun wrote: »
    Take away that 7 losses in a row and they would have been champions.... Not realistic that should have been 7 wins though as there was Ajax and PSV included in that "run"
    But without that freak run they would have been 5 points behind.
    With no one leaving and having bought Jorgensen from Copenhagen, who has made a very good impression so far and still looking for a right winger things will be a lot closer.
    Once they have that rw sorted, they are definitely worth a punt.

And since they took Frank Berghuis on loan from Watford, rw is sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

was looking to do one big double with newcastle and some other team but after seeing those stats I am kinda worried

I'm not going to thailand but like the look of that bet also assuming gregory stays with millwall

Coral offering 14/1 on Celtic, Newcastle and Man City all to win their leagues. I'm not as sold on Newcastle as some people buy you have to take that surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Done a treble

of Barca CL 7-2, Juve Seria A 1-2 and Derby promoted 10-3

Around 28-1

Juve are a shoo in for Seria A, even last year when they had an awful first ten games they still won easy. Now they have taken their rivals best players in Higuain and Pjanic they are even stronger even without Pogba

Barca couldnt sign players last year so they have added depth to their sqaud mainly in defence which was needed so they are obv favs

Derby were favs last year and now have a proven manager in Pearson

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

Three bets for me
    Norwich,millwall and Plymouth all to be promoted works out at 50/1

Hull,Burton,bury to be relegated.juve to win serie a and Barcelona to win la liga about 27/1 for the accum

R.Mccormack and L.Gregory top goalscorers ew double at 12/1 and 8/1

Gla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Just had a go off one there:

Man city Top 4
    Newcastle Promoted
    Monaco Top 3
    Barcelona Winner La Liga
    Bayern Munich Winner Bundesliga
    Juventas winner Serie A

€50 @ 10/1 Betfair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Dwight Gayle
    Nicky Ajose

Top goal scorers for championship and L1

89/1 double

Coral offering 14/1 on Celtic, Newcastle and Man City all to win their leagues. I'm not as sold on Newcastle as some people buy you have to take that surely?

So gone with this, Derby and Charlton to win their leagues. Daryl Murphy and Naki Wells championship top scorer and St Johnstone top in Scotland apart from Celtic/rangers. God that's a fair bit blown and I haven't started on the prem yet.

Btw saw one of the tips sites backing Newcastle to go unbeaten all season, glad I didn't take up that one...

Juve o/r 4/11
    Lyon top 3 1/2
    Millwall top 6 6/5
    Norwich top 6 5/6
    Bayern Lev top 4 4/6
    Feyenord top 4 1/4

£75 Acca= £2545

And the above with Donny top 7 league 2 8/11 20£ = £1175

Went with that for a finish, gl all.

Some serious looking slips lads, can see many winners here!!

• Advertisement

440cc76f5842dc09e2278b4240a4e30a.png

Pocket change as it works out @66

Not committing to anything else till september 1st, when transfer window finishes.

So I went for 2 season bets

Juve to win
    Bayern Leverkusen top 4
    Lyon top 3
    Norwich top 6
    Aberdeen without Celtic/Rangers
    Crystal palace bottom half
    Germany to win euro group
    100 euro at 12/1

Juve to win
    Bayern to win
    Aguero tgs
    Monaco top 3
    Rangers without Celtic
    Newcastle to be promoted
    Germany, England, Belgium to win euro groups.
    100 euro at 65/1

Thanks lads for highlighting some of these teams, they are definitly in for a shout for success. Good luck all.

Some serious looking slips lads, can see many winners here!!

Hopefully so! Have been 1 away from big scores the last 2 seasons, third time lucky I hope. What you go for in the end?

So I went for 2 season bets

Juve to win
    Bayern Leverkusen top 4
    Lyon top 3
    Norwich top 6
    Aberdeen without Celtic/Rangers
    Crystal palace bottom half
    Germany to win euro group
    100 euro at 12/1

Juve to win
    Bayern to win
    Aguero tgs
    Monaco top 3
    Rangers without Celtic
    Newcastle to be promoted
    Germany, England, Belgium to win euro groups.
    100 euro at 65/1

Thanks lads for highlighting some of these teams, they are definitly in for a shout for success. Good luck all.

Best of luck, we have very similar looking bets hopefully we laughing at the end of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Juventus To win League
    Norwich Top 6
    Hull Relegated
    Monaco Top 3
    Dortmund W/O Bayern
    Laganes Relegated
    Milwall Top 6.

€100 @ 37/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jaysus lads some of you put some serious amount of cash down on high end shots :pac:

Can only imagine what your stakes are like for Singles :o

Jaysus lads some of you put some serious amount of cash down on high end shots :pac:

I rarely do single bets anymore and see my season accumulator as my annual treat in the world of gambling. I came very close last year so I'm gonna keep the tradition going

Treat myself to a couple of decent bets at the start of every season, think its easier to click a big one over the whole season rather than a weekend acca(doesn't stop me trying though:) ). Also keeps an interest in a few leagues over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

I rarely do single bets anymore and see my season accumulator as my annual treat in the world of gambling. I came very close last year so I'm gonna keep the tradition going
    Treat myself to a couple of decent bets at the start of every season, think its easier to click a big one over the whole season rather than a weekend acca(doesn't stop me trying though:) ). Also keeps an interest in a few leagues over the season.

Pretty much the same as these guys. I like a decent size bet at the start of season to give me some interest in a number of different leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Lyon top 3 1.5
    Derby top 6 1.90
    Southampton top 10 1.6
    Juventus outright 1.36

15 returns 94

and then a long shot one
    Newcastle outright 3
    Man City outright 3.25
    Juve champs league 13
    Lyon outright 13 PSG have to lose out on a title sometime

Also De Bruyne Player of the year 11.00