Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season long bets/accumulators (2016/17)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sorry guys, don't want to multiple quote the people who responded about large stakes on season long accas.

Just want to make people aware.

I imagine most of you stake single bets throughout the year probably every weekend etc.

Lets say for example you're betting 10 quid a single as 1 point.

You are are then staking X10 amount(Assuming you put 100 on) on a 60/1 shot and a 100/1 shout. It just seems mental to me.

In my opinion, and I know there's some serious large bettors here, my issue isn't with the stake it's to do with the system.

If you're X10 the amount on a mad acca you'll more than likely lose money. Accas should always be less than singles, always. There's a reason the odds are so high. I know we all enjoy a muggy acca now and again but if you're throwing 50 quid or 100 quid on crazy odd accas and then throwing 10-15 on singles, think of how many singles you have to win to cover placing the acca.

I'm not saying people are silly for doing it and I know it's season long to give the interest through out the season but I'm just letting people aware :) Tbf throw your money and chase if that's what you want, but in terms of profit and staking systems the best I can advise is to do low stake accas and confident singles.

Of course I wish you all the best and smash them, would love nothing more, but I hate seeing people disappointed when '1 leg' let's them down in an Acca as that's what gives the hope that'll land.

Some of them look seriously tasty and I can see a few landing, but there's no way I'd be throwing more than what I'd put on a single.

Of course this is all irrelevant if you put 100 on an acca and 1K on a single :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Got the RP pullout and I've derived the below as the basis of my multiple and one big 10 fold!

Hull - Relegated
    Newcastle - Top 2
    Millwall - Top 6
    Plymouth - Top 7
    Ebbsfleet - England National League South Outright
    Adberdeen - Without Old Firm
    Hibs - Outright
    Lyon - Top 3
    Juve - Outright
    Bayer Lever - Top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    440cc76f5842dc09e2278b4240a4e30a.png

Pocket change as it works out @66

Not committing to anything else till september 1st, when transfer window finishes.

Jay 1/3 won already :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Just home after being away for two weeks meant to get someone to pick up the RP pullout for me but forgot, is there anywhere else i could get it from now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

anyone have any thoughts on first manager to leave?

think there might be value in pardew at 12s when the likes of pulis is only 9/4
    haven't made any signings but may lose a couple of players before the windown closes
    only won two prem games this year (norw+stoke)
    that price will have halved if pardew doesn't win his first game which is against pulis (home to brom)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

mailburner wrote: »

haven't made any signings but may lose a couple of players before the windown closes
    that price will have halved if pardew doesn't win his first game which is against pulis (home to brom)

There must be a reason Pulis is favourite, I suppose he walked out on Palace before. I might have a few quid on Karanka, seems a fairly fraught situation there...

My big outrights are Hull/Burnley relegation double, Chelsea outright, United/City straight forecast, Aguero/City win top scorer double and De Bruyne POTY....

888bet has managers to leave in Holland.

No manager to leave is @18 and going through the list..... I can actually see that happening.
    There are a few dodgy ones, Hake of Twente to name one, but they cant afford to get rid of a manager.
    There are a **** load of clubs that have a new manager this season and cant see them getting rid of them either.
    Not too many who have been at a club for ages, just Jans at Zwolle but they will do at least ok enough not to have him sacked.

But yeah... they can also leave for other reasons.
    Still... @18...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Spurs look a decent lay for a top 4 finish at a short enough price, they'll be going backwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I had a few quid on Guidolin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Taking Paddys special of

Kane & Aguero 20+ PL goals each. Leicester Everton West Ham top half finish and Hull City to be relegated at a tasty 80/1.

Think Kane is definitely the weak link with the arrival of Janssen but still worth a punt.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

I went for man utd,celtic,ajax,real madrid,juventus and munich all to win their leagues.pays out 264 euro on a fiver bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

The market that interests me in pre season is the LMA Manager of the year.

It's voted on by all the managers. The following is the description from the wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_Managers_Association_Awards

It is presented to a manager from any division for his achievements in the prior season. The award is voted by fellow professional managers and as a result consideration is also given to managers who inherit poor sides or financial difficulties and not only those managers who do not have such financial constraints and have won trophies.

I've decided to take a punt on David Moyes for LMA manager of the year @51.00 on Betfair.

He's not had any impressive signings and has inherited a team that scraps for survival now, one who many expect to be battling relegation again this year. That is exactly what attracts me to this bet though, there are no big expectations and he knows how the prem works.

Moyes is a firm favourite of the voting managers. He's won the award three times already. Looking at the winners through the years its stacked massively in favour of British managers, a bit of an old boys club. Only Fergie has won this award more times than Moyes with four of them.

That's why i get a good sense of value from such long shot odds. I believe that he is well in contention if he can make them finish somewhere mid table and pull off a few shocks on the way.

In terms of other managers Pep is favourite and Mourinho is second favourite. Pep has had it handed to him on a silver platter in his managerial career so far and Mourinho has never won it so far despite any achievements. I don't think either will endear themselves to the voting managers.

Ive taken smaller stakes on Conte @9.5 and Klopp @9.5 as I like the odds and think they could have some sense of appeal to voters for a non British manager, if there is to be one.

Can any of you locate the Boylesports first manager to leave market, I can't see it under the premiership outrights? I can see it on oddschecker but it doesn't seem to be letting me bet through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Bateman wrote: »
    Spurs look a decent lay for a top 4 finish at a short enough price, they'll be going backwards

Based on what? Core of the 1st team kept together and quality additions to the squad, very little upheaval during the summer for a change. Spurs fan here btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

djhaxman wrote: »
    Based on what? Core of the 1st team kept together and quality additions to the squad, very little upheaval during the summer for a change. Spurs fan here btw.

Chelsea City and United were all terrible last year due to management. I expect they will be the top 3 with Arsenal 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Austria! wrote: »
    Chelsea City and United were all terrible last year due to management. I expect they will be the top 3 with Arsenal 4

Everyone thought that last year too....

Bateman's post indicated that Spurs would be getting worse but I'm guessing that's what he meant...

why did I wait yet here was I expecting around 7/8/1 after today :rolleyes:

3/1 joints now pardew and pulis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Are there any sites that you can bet teams to get over so many pts in a season,I seen it on bet 365 before start of season but it seems to be gone now, it's for the Pl BTW,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Are there any sites that you can bet teams to get over so many pts in a season,I seen it on bet 365 before start of season but it seems to be gone now, it's for the Pl BTW,thanks

Tweet askpaddypower. Will get you a line

• Advertisement

pardew was as high as 10s on skybet this morning but now that boalasie has gone he's gone into 5
    just took 8/1 with betway
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/first-manager-to-leave-post
    fixtures
    spurs A
    Bourne H
    boro A
    stoke H
    sunder A

fixtures are kind enough but should he lose the next two or even win just one of that lot he might be shown the door
    doesnt do it any harm that pulis won his first game and none of the other fancied ones lost (mazzarri, karranka guidolin)
    not sure why guidolin is as short as he is anyway given he's done alright with swans so far

edit, best at 6s now

pardew should be pretty short now

France @1.95 to top their group. One of the best EVs I've ever seen I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

France @1.95 to top their group. One of the best EVs I've ever seen I think.

Would the Netherlands throw you off a bit? I know they are not the team they used to be but they might pose a threat

Would the Netherlands throw you off a bit? I know they are not the team they used to be but they might pose a threat

Just no.

:D

Any thoughts on the Champions League guys? Would Juventus be a decent outright shout @ 12/1?

Any thoughts on the Champions League guys? Would Juventus be a decent outright shout @ 12/1?

Seems I'm the only one interested, have gone with Juve and Atletico outright and Aguero and Lewandowski top scorer, along with a group winner/qualifier acca. Shame the winner/ts double isn't available, won on Real/Ronaldo last year at decent odds...

Was looking at Aguero for CL top scorer @13.
    But i am not sure the 3 he already has will stand or not for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Was looking at Aguero for CL top scorer @13.
    But i am not sure the 3 he already has will stand or not for this.

They 100% won't stand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Big pull out in the RP today, They tip up Juve/City. it is one market that has never really interested me. To hard to call/find value.

• Advertisement

Should I cash out my Chelsea for the title bet? They haven't a prayer have they. I'd get about €57 for an 80 stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Should I cash out my Chelsea for the title bet? They haven't a prayer have they. I'd get about €57 for an 80 stake.

City gonna absolutely walk the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Yes imo

What can you get laying it?might be a better option if u think they haven't a prayer.

pardew was as high as 10s on skybet this morning but now that boalasie has gone he's gone into 5
    just took 8/1 with betway
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/first-manager-to-leave-post
    fixtures
    spurs A
    Bourne H
    boro A
    stoke H
    sunder A

fixtures are kind enough but should he lose the next two or even win just one of that lot he might be shown the door
    doesnt do it any harm that pulis won his first game and none of the other fancied ones lost (mazzarri, karranka guidolin)
    not sure why guidolin is as short as he is anyway given he's done alright with swans so far

edit, best at 6s now

think this is shagged now anyway :(

Hughes may be on thin ice .awful start to season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

yabadabado wrote: »
    Hughes may be on thin ice .awful start to season.

Sh*t, I had Guidolin, Mazzari and Pardew as my picks to get fired first. :(

City to win league cup @8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Premier League - Man City
    La Liga - Real Madrid
    Eredivisie - Ajax
    Primera - Benfica

Had these in with some other single football bets which have since all won.

Stand to win over €2000 if it comes in for a €5 accumulator

• Advertisement

Should I cash out my Chelsea for the title bet? They haven't a prayer have they.

On second thoughts...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

CorkColin wrote: »
    Just had a go off one there:

Man city Top 4
    Newcastle Promoted
    Monaco Top 3
    Barcelona Winner La Liga
    Bayern Munich Winner Bundesliga
    Juventas winner Serie A

€50 @ 10/1 Betfair :)

Odds on this are now 3.44, €50 returns €172, keep the results coming ;)

Stuck a few quid on Jose to be the next manager to go @25/1. Things could spiral very fast there...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

He's 40/1 on StanJames and BetVictor.

Getting rid of him is 1 thing but who are they going to replace him with?
    Steven Gerrard?

Out of my head there is no manager available at the moment who Utd think is worthy of them.

Stuck a few quid on Jose to be the next manager to go @25/1. Things could spiral very fast there...

I think it would have to spiral at the speed of light for him to be next manager to be sacked.
    No calls at all for him to go at the moment,the football has improved although the results aren't reflecting that.

I think the price should be at least double 25s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Juve to win
    Bayern to win
    Aguero tgs
    Monaco top 3
    Rangers without Celtic
    Newcastle to be promoted
    Germany, England, Belgium to win euro groups.
    65/1

It was all going so well, good one Kun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Newcastle - Promotion
    Celtic - Scottish League
    PSG - Ligue 1
    Bayern Munich - Bundesliga
    Juventus - Serie A
    Barcelona- La Liga
    Hull - Bottom On Christmas Day

Just under 22/1

A couple of them are doing well so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

A few quid on spurs for the league @28/1 for value, the longest theyve been all season. Have lost/drawn a few recently, but have an easy enough run over xmas, bar chelsea at home. Theyre 10 points off top but only 3 off man city who are 5/1

440cc76f5842dc09e2278b4240a4e30a.png

ee6622885b0d7173bfe6152aaea8f6b4.png

Feyenoord on top since matchday 1 and will be in the lead going into the winterbreak
    Sevilla in 3rd place, actually winning some away matches this season (didnt win 1 all season last season)

Took Sevilla for the CL @ 41

Sampaoli knows how te beat better opposition in a knock out tournament and it is not that Sevilla arent cup fighters already

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement