Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season long bets/accumulators (2016/17)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »
    Accum

Bayern Munich (to win the league)
    Monaco (top 3 finish)
    Aberdeen (w/o Old Firm teams)
    Newcastle (to win the Championship)
    Juventus (to win the league)
    Hull (to be bottom on Christmas Day)

58/1 with Paddy

That's Hull in, the rest also looking healthy at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Should I cash out my Chelsea for the title bet? They haven't a prayer have they. I'd get about €57 for an 80 stake.

What did you end up doing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

yabadabado wrote: »
    What did you end up doing ?

Left it. Figured they'd go on a decent run and some stage so I'd be able to cash out slightly ahead of the game.

Think I might stick with them now.:p

Anyone any thoughts on the FA Cup? I usually pick one of the 'big' teams at random, and they go out in the fifth round...

Left it. Figured they'd go on a decent run and some stage so I'd be able to cash out slightly ahead of the game.

Think I might stick with them now.:p

Anyone any thoughts on the FA Cup? I usually pick one of the 'big' teams at random, and they go out in the fifth round...

I'm looking at Southampton as a potential bet for the cup.They don't really have a whole lot else going for them ,out of the Europa and will be comfortable top ten so a cup run might interest them.
    They went out last year in 3rd and are away to Norwich this year but at 25s I think they maybe worth a few quid.

Really hard competition to call never know who will be taking it seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

callaway92 wrote: »
    City gonna absolutely walk the league.

Lol

garra wrote: »
    Lol

Hindsight is great :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

garra wrote: »
    Lol

Words cannot describe how pathetic that 'lol' you wrote is . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

callaway92 wrote: »
    Words cannot describe how pathetic that 'lol' you wrote is . . .

Cant stand when people do that.

Thought the same myself. Especially with their start.

Cant see past Chelsea now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

This is probably a good time to look back on my pre-season bets.

888sport:
    I had doubles and singles of Derby to win (13/1), Derby to be promoted (4/1), Brighton to be promoted (7/2) and Palermo to be relegated (13/4). Only the bet on Palermo looks likely now.

Bet365:
    Double and singles of Cambridge and Millwall to get promoted @7/2 each. They've since drifted to 10/1 and 13/2 respectively. :/
    On top of that I have trebles and a 4-fold of Dortmund to win the Bundesliga without Bayern (1/2), Osasuna to get relegated (10/11), Derby to finish highest of the Midlands clubs (2/1) and Cambridge to finish in the top 7 (7/4). This is pretty much a dud.

Oh, and Dortmund to win the Champions League @20/1 e/w.

Betfair:
    Dortmund to win the Bundesliga @8/1. Thanks for screwing me, Leipzig. :/

BetVictor:
    Singles and a double of Millwall to finish in the top 6 @6/4 and Plymouth to get promoted @10/3.

Betway:
    Feyenoord to win the Eredivisie @12/1 e/w, with 1/4 odds for finishing 2nd. Looking good so far, they're 5 points clear right now.

Boylesports:
    Juve to win Serie A @8/15 doubled up with an each-way bet on Chelsea to win the EPL @6/1, as well as a single each-way bet on Chelsea to win the EPL. Feels good, man.

Also, in-shop bets on Man City to win the Champions League @12/1 e/w and Liverpool to win the League Cup @7/1 e/w.

PP:
    Juve to win the Champions League @12/1 e/w. They've drifted out a bit.

StanJames:
    Hull to finish bottom @11/4. I should have waited until after their decent performance in August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Anybody get to read the Racing Post's midterm report pullout the other day? Know they tipped Zlatan as top scorer in PL. Just wondering what else they considered as value at this point. Something to spend the inevitable Paddy Power vouchers on

• Advertisement

Backing Everton and West Brom for the Cup based on this guy's advice:
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/10718513/fa-cup-betting-tips-outright-preview-ahead-of-third-round

Might have a nibble at Man United as well when I see the team Mou puts out tomorrow.

Btw, has my Defoe e/w for prem top scorer longshot got a chance? Better if he went to West Ham maybe?

Backing Everton and West Brom for the Cup based on this guy's advice:
    http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/10718513/fa-cup-betting-tips-outright-preview-ahead-of-third-round

Might have a nibble at Man United as well when I see the team Mou puts out tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips Andy Schooler.:mad: Did put a bit on United so all not lost...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Palace bottom half finish 2/9
    Juve o/r 4/11
    Aberdeen w/o old firm 8/13
    Lyon top 3 1/2
    Millwall top 6 6/5
    Norwich top 6 5/6
    Bayern Lev top 4 4/6
    Feyenord top 4 1/4

£75 Acca= £2545

And the above with Donny top 7 league 2 8/11 20£ = £1175

Went with that for a finish, gl all.

Just had a look back at my ante post bets and not looking great- Millwall, Norwich, Bayern Leverkusen and Lyon all very patchy at the moment, not completely dead in the water but need them all to hit serious form, not holding my breath !

Well lads was away for a few months there around Asia, hope yee all keeping well and had a profitable Euros! Hit the bar last season for a couple of big bets, hoping for a bit more luck this season.

-Stoke top 10 finish 2/1
    -Juve serie A o/r 1/2
    -Doncaster top 7 league 2 finish 8/11
    -Charlton top 6 finish league 1 1/1
    -Aberdeen w/o old firm 8/13
    -Norwich top 6 finish championship 1/1
    -Monaco top 3 finish 5/6

30e acca pays 2,530.

The above with Barca and Psv o/r 10e pays 2,850.

Will probably do a couple more as the season draws closer, anyone know when the racing post pullout is out?

Had forgot about this one, actually looks like at has a bit more promise than my main one but not overly optimistic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    888bet has managers to leave in Holland.

No manager to leave is @18 and going through the list..... I can actually see that happening.
    There are a few dodgy ones, Hake of Twente to name one, but they cant afford to get rid of a manager.
    There are a **** load of clubs that have a new manager this season and cant see them getting rid of them either.
    Not too many who have been at a club for ages, just Jans at Zwolle but they will do at least ok enough not to have him sacked.

But yeah... they can also leave for other reasons.
    Still... @18...

Still alive this one.....

ee6622885b0d7173bfe6152aaea8f6b4.png

Feyenoord on top since matchday 1 and will be in the lead going into the winterbreak
    Sevilla in 3rd place, actually winning some away matches this season (didnt win 1 all season last season)

1 month later, cash out available €102.

Getting that feeling of regret of "why didnt you put your usual tenner on it"....

888bet has managers to leave in Holland.

No manager to leave is @18 and going through the list..... I can actually see that happening.
    There are a few dodgy ones, Hake of Twente to name one, but they cant afford to get rid of a manager.
    There are a **** load of clubs that have a new manager this season and cant see them getting rid of them either.
    Not too many who have been at a club for ages, just Jans at Zwolle but they will do at least ok enough not to have him sacked.

But yeah... they can also leave for other reasons.
    Still... @18...
    Still alive this one.....

Nice jinx.
    Petrovic sent packing at ADO.
    Only appointed last summer but ADO is being run by some Chinese Wang(ker)
    Club is a mess, on and off the pitch.

Well lads was away for a few months there around Asia, hope yee all keeping well and had a profitable Euros! Hit the bar last season for a couple of big bets, hoping for a bit more luck this season.

-Stoke top 10 finish 2/1
    -Juve serie A o/r 1/2
    -Doncaster top 7 league 2 finish 8/11
    -Charlton top 6 finish league 1 1/1
    -Aberdeen w/o old firm 8/13
    -Norwich top 6 finish championship 1/1
    -Monaco top 3 finish 5/6

30e acca pays 2,530.

The above with Barca and Psv o/r 10e pays 2,850.

Will probably do a couple more as the season draws closer, anyone know when the racing post pullout is out?

Urgh Charlton concede a last minute equaliser for the second week running.Still unbeaten in 2017 so a bit more confident on this one now. The rest are thereabouts or looking very solid.

Thinking of putting a bit on Middlesbrough for the Cup at 33/1.

Also, on Lewandowski for CL TGS and surprised and a bit miffed to see Messi still round 1/3 for that.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

NATLOR wrote: »
    Newcastle promotion
    Barca O/R
    Juve O/R
    Monaco top 3
    Chelsea O/R

50/1

Was writing this off but Madrid losing tonight was an unexpected bonus. Big game for Barca away to Athletico at the weekend, need a win to restore some confidence and keep the pressure on

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

jbt123 wrote: »
    Taking Paddys special of

Kane & Aguero 20+ PL goals each. Leicester Everton West Ham top half finish and Hull City to be relegated at a tasty 80/1.

Think Kane is definitely the weak link with the arrival of Janssen but still worth a punt.

Good luck all.

Will be keeping a little interest in this..

How did I doubt Kane?

ee6622885b0d7173bfe6152aaea8f6b4.png

Feyenoord on top since matchday 1 and will be in the lead going into the winterbreak
    Sevilla in 3rd place, actually winning some away matches this season (didnt win 1 all season last season)

Cash out up to €153

April 2nd will be the day, Ajax - Feyenoord, when a lot will be clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I have two on the go, this first one I placed at the beginning of August of 2016:

Newcastle to win the Championship,
    Juventus to win Serie A,
    Bayern Munich to win the Bundesliga,
    PSG to win Ligue 1,
    England to win the 6 Nations,
    Total Odds: 8.75.

I placed this just last week:

Sheriff YC to win the FAI Junior Cup,
    Cork City to win the LOI Premier Division,
    Waterford to win the LOI First Division,
    Total Odds: 4.3.

Wenger 20/1 with PP to be the next manager to go. Just sayin...

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »
    Accum

Bayern Munich (to win the league)
    Monaco (top 3 finish)
    Aberdeen (w/o Old Firm teams)
    Newcastle (to win the Championship)
    Juventus (to win the league)
    Hull (to be bottom on Christmas Day)

58/1 with Paddy

All on you Newcastle, not confident at all though

• Advertisement

Starting to get a bit antsy on Chelsea outright. Should I cash out for 468, as opposed to 520 full return?

Starting to get a bit antsy on Chelsea outright. Should I cash out for 468, as opposed to 520 full return?

I'd put a little on Spurs to cover, personally I'm already set after Boyles paid out on Chelsea. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

it's highly unlikely they'll slip up that much with so few games left but 468 is a pretty nice payout and it's one I would be happy taking

mailburner wrote: »
    it's highly unlikely they'll slip up that much with so few games left but 468 is a pretty nice payout and it's one I would be happy taking

Might wait and cash out if they go a goal down today, assuming its the same price...

Seems I'm the only one interested, have gone with Juve and Atletico outright and Aguero and Lewandowski top scorer,

Obviously I'm pretty pleased with myself about this but it will count for naught if Real get the job done so I'm looking for cover. Anyone got any better ideas than Real Win/Juve to reach the final double?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Newcastle
    Promotion
    English Championship
    Pending

Celtic
    Scottish Premiership
    Win

PSG
    French Ligue 1 Outright
    Pending

Bayern Munich
    German Bundesliga
    Pending

Juventus
    Italian Serie A
    Pending

Barcelona
    La Liga
    Pending

Hull
    Bottom On Christmas Day
    Win

The Barca win last night puts this back into contention. Hoping that the Real / Monaco involvement can make them slip up in the league perhaps, for the sake of this bet.

440cc76f5842dc09e2278b4240a4e30a.png

Pocket change as it works out @66

Not committing to anything else till september 1st, when transfer window finishes.

c1fb0162499f91787ca1ae6069cd9fdb.png

Think i ll just cash it.

Feyenoord 4 points ahead with 2 matches to go; Excelsior "away" (little brother is in Rotterdam as well) and Heracles at home (home form 14-2-0)
    Sevilla 8 points ahead to Villareal with 5 to go, 3 at home and real and malaga away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

20 ew on lukaku to be top scorer...16/1

Cmooooooooooon Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

CorkColin wrote: »
    Just had a go off one there:

Man city Top 4
    Newcastle Promoted
    Monaco Top 3
    Barcelona Winner La Liga
    Bayern Munich Winner Bundesliga
    Juventas winner Serie A

€50 @ 10/1 Betfair :)

Could Real please slip up now :(

Could Real please slip up now :(

You can cover your bet anyways now and have a freeroll for a good chunck of the profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

You can cover your bet anyways now and have a freeroll for a good chunck of the profit.

Possibly if city get the win tonight !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I have e50 on

Crystal Palace bottom 10
    Newcastle to be promoted
    Monaco top 3
    Juventus to win the league
    Aberdeen top without old firm
    Real Madrid to win the league
    Milwall top 6

Some very close calls going into the remaining weeks

Possibly if city get the win tonight !

Ah had misread your bet ! Good luck with it anyways nice enough docket to be holding, my anteposts were dead by February !

I think the last 30 minutes of the Millwall match knocked a few days off my lifespan. :o

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I have e50 on

Crystal Palace bottom 10
    Newcastle to be promoted
    Monaco top 3
    Juventus to win the league
    Aberdeen top without old firm
    Barca to win the league
    Milwall top 6

Some very close calls going into the remaining weeks
    So that Milwall result was massive for my season long bet so now it's looking like Real pipping Barca to the title is the most likely screw me over. Crystal Palace look like the only other potential slip up but they're currently 40/1 to finish in the top 10.

Real are currently 4/9 to win La Liga so I could guarantee myself ~£500. It would involve putting a hefty £1050 on a single bet which is far beyond I've ever done in the past.

Any suggestions? Is there anything I need to be aware of if I was to place such a big bet when I'm not an active gambler? Should I refuse to do it until Crystal Palace is mathematically impossible or should I also throw £10 on that to cover myself too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

S.M.B. wrote: »
    So that Milwall result was massive for my season long bet so now it's looking like Real pipping Barca to the title is the most likely screw me over. Crystal Palace look like the only other potential slip up but they're currently 40/1 to finish in the top 10.

Real are currently 4/9 to win La Liga so I could guarantee myself ~£500. It would involve putting a hefty £1050 on a single bet which is far beyond I've ever done in the past.

Any suggestions? Is there anything I need to be aware of if I was to place such a big bet when I'm not an active gambler? Should I refuse to do it until Crystal Palace is mathematically impossible or should I also throw £10 on that to cover myself too?

If you have Real to win in your acca than surely Barca @ 2/1 is the cover bet?

No idea how I managed to mix that up in my initial post. Wishful thinking probably.

I have Barca in my accumulator.

Anyone got any better ideas than Real Win/Juve to reach the final double?

Have put what's left in my bet365 account on Real outright, wouldn't stake my life on Juve beating Monaco, the latter can certainly score goals.

I know it's a bit early but Spurs round 8-9/1 for next year's title looks very generous...

I wouldn't touch them given their "home" form in their European games this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I know it's a bit early but Spurs round 8-9/1 for next year's title looks very generous...

I see paddy go 17/2 spurs yet only 15/2 pool...3/1 utd wtf
    I was thinking around 6s tops and was planning on backing spurs to win it next year

http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-football/premier-league?ev_oc_grp_ids=108901

I wouldn't touch them given their "home" form in their European games this season.

Of course there are question marks, but surely not as big as around Man United, who are 3/1...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yeah, I think next season will be a difficult one for Spurs with all their home games at Wembley. They'll badly miss White Hart Lane. I absolutely wouldn't be backing Liverpool or Man U at those odds either though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Yeah, I think next season will be a difficult one for Spurs with all their home games at Wembley. They'll badly miss White Hart Lane. I absolutely wouldn't be backing Liverpool or Man U at those odds either though.

When a number of bookies reach a consensus on the odds for a given market you have to think there is a rationale for it though. Maybe they have info that joe public doesn't about transfers out of Spurs (or into Man United)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

When a number of bookies reach a consensus on the odds for a given market you have to think there is a rationale for it though. Maybe they have info that joe public doesn't about transfers out of Spurs (or into Man United)?

I don't think they've any inside info on transfers etc. Those clubs are underpriced due to reputation/previous achievements etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

Bookies may think Spurs have overachieved the past w seasons and that the likes of Jose and Pep will be a year in and more capable of mounting a proper title challenge.
    Will Spurs be able to hold onto their best players/manager ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement