Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season long bets/accumulators (2016/17)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭el diablo

yabadabado wrote: »
    Bookies may think Spurs have overachieved the past w seasons and that the likes of Jose and Pep will be a year in and more capable of mounting a proper title challenge.
    Will Spurs be able to hold onto their best players/manager ?

I think Spurs will hold onto their best players for at least another year (besides Walker - but Trippier looks a better option at right back). Their main issue will be playing all their home games at Wembley rather than WHL. I don't think Pep or Mourinho will ever get it right at Man C or Man U no matter how many hundreds of millions they throw at it...

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

el diablo wrote: »
    I think Spurs will hold onto their best players for at least another year (besides Walker - but Trippier looks a better option at right back). Their main issue will be playing all their home games at Wembley rather than WHL. I don't think Pep or Mourinho will ever get it right at Man C or Man U no matter how many hundreds of millions they throw at it...
    I would be shocked if Pep and Jose don't make a much better job of it next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm thinking much the same myself
    first proper test for pepe in fairness and I don't think he'll be up to it, not sure bout mourinho, will have to buy big in the summer to have any hope
    I think the spurs lads are in this for another couple of years knowing they could be close to be a very good even possibly a dominant team
    I couldn't see liverpool doing much either, top four about it for me

mailburner wrote: »
    I'm thinking much the same myself
    first proper test for pepe in fairness and I don't think he'll be up to it, not sure bout mourinho, will have to buy big in the summer to have any hope
    I think the spurs lads are in this for another couple of years knowing they could be close to be a very good even possibly a dominant team
    I couldn't see liverpool doing much either, top four about it for me

Yeah, Pool had a great opportunity this season with no European football and knocked out of the cups very early but failed to capitalize and are now struggling to finish in the top four. And Arsenal are.... Arsenal. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Anyone know if there's any chance of Bet365 paying out on Chelsea for the title before they're mathematically confirmed, say if they won Monday night?

• Advertisement

Must be a lot of punters cursing Brighton today. I did an enhanced Coral acca of Man City, Newcastle and Celtic for their respective leagues, looked like a sure thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Must be a lot of punters cursing Brighton today. I did an enhanced Coral acca of Man City, Newcastle and Celtic for their respective leagues, looked like a sure thing...

Newcastle won their league :confused:

NATLOR wrote: »
    Newcastle won their league :confused:

Oh :othey did, must have been looking at an outdated in-game table.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Late goal for villa won it for Newcastle.

Newcastle hit 16s a few weeks back
    Had Brighton backed since August, think it was 13/2 I got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

langer91 wrote: »
    Accum

Bayern Munich (to win the league)
    Monaco (top 3 finish)
    Aberdeen (w/o Old Firm teams)
    Newcastle (to win the Championship)
    Juventus (to win the league)
    Hull (to be bottom on Christmas Day)

58/1 with Paddy

Looking like 5k overall profit for me on this once Juve are confirmed

Thread with screenshots of bets here (last post):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057735370

Have vstuck a fiver on Swansea to go down @ 25/1. Anything can happen if Hull win tomorrow. Amirite guys?

Have vstuck a fiver on Swansea to go down @ 25/1. Anything can happen if Hull win tomorrow. Amirite guys?

right you are but I wouldn't back it at 40s myself
    the chances of hull beating palace away and spurs at home pretty slim esp when swans host the already on holidays west brom

Yeah I'm sure Palace will beat Hull tomorrow. Hull's loss at home to Sunderland last weekend will prove to be extremely costly. They're going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Bet365:
    Double and singles of Cambridge and Millwall to get promoted @7/2 each. They've since drifted to 10/1 and 13/2 respectively. :/
    On top of that I have trebles and a 4-fold of Dortmund to win the Bundesliga without Bayern (1/2), Osasuna to get relegated (10/11), Derby to finish highest of the Midlands clubs (2/1) and Cambridge to finish in the top 7 (7/4). This is pretty much a dud.

Oh, and Dortmund to win the Champions League @20/1 e/w.

Betfair:
    Dortmund to win the Bundesliga @8/1. Thanks for screwing me, Leipzig. :/

Gottverdammt, Dortmund. Bayern gave you a chance with that amazing comeback yesterday, and you piss it away with a 1-1 draw.

Yeah I'm sure Palace will beat Hull tomorrow. Hull's loss at home to Sunderland last weekend will prove to be extremely costly. They're going down.

image.jpg

I assume you're taking the piss? ;)

I assume you're taking the piss? ;)

More clairvoyance.:P Out of myself mainly for being stupid enough to bet on Swansea going down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Stickied.

And oh.... Feyenoord will win the Eredivisie this year.
    440cc76f5842dc09e2278b4240a4e30a.png

Pocket change as it works out @66

Not committing to anything else till september 1st, when transfer window finishes.

6b82c4114f2e9672c8f1f4ade6f332bc.png

Cashed out a week or 2 ago for @63 but after this weekend they actually are all won.

6b82c4114f2e9672c8f1f4ade6f332bc.png

Cashed out a week or 2 ago for @63 but after this weekend they actually are all won.

great shout on feyenoord infor
    it's rare here to see a lad saying a 10/1 will win (next year I'll follow :cool:)

• Advertisement

League was really won in the summer. 2 good signings, no one important leaving.
    No European play off matches so full focus on preparation. No stupid trips to the other side of the world.
    And than 10/1 .... was too good to let go.
    They will not be 10/1 next season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

League was really won in the summer. 2 good signings, no one important leaving.
    No European play off matches so full focus on preparation. No stupid trips to the other side of the world.
    And than 10/1 .... was too good to let go.
    They will not be 10/1 next season.

Well done Infor and the other lads who had a decent lift ( langer I think ). Terrible year for ante post for me, my goose was cooked by February.

Just out of interest, if I had bet on Mazzari to be next manager to leave a few weeks ago, would I still win even if technically he's not going till after the end of the season.

Just out of interest, if I had bet on Mazzari to be next manager to leave a few weeks ago, would I still win even if technically he's not going till after the end of the season.

highly unlikely you'd get paid till he's gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

The market that interests me in pre season is the LMA Manager of the year.

It's voted on by all the managers. The following is the description from the wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_Managers_Association_Awards

It is presented to a manager from any division for his achievements in the prior season. The award is voted by fellow professional managers and as a result consideration is also given to managers who inherit poor sides or financial difficulties and not only those managers who do not have such financial constraints and have won trophies.

I've decided to take a punt on David Moyes for LMA manager of the year @51.00 on Betfair.

He's not had any impressive signings and has inherited a team that scraps for survival now, one who many expect to be battling relegation again this year. That is exactly what attracts me to this bet though, there are no big expectations and he knows how the prem works.

Moyes is a firm favourite of the voting managers. He's won the award three times already. Looking at the winners through the years its stacked massively in favour of British managers, a bit of an old boys club. Only Fergie has won this award more times than Moyes with four of them.

That's why i get a good sense of value from such long shot odds. I believe that he is well in contention if he can make them finish somewhere mid table and pull off a few shocks on the way.

In terms of other managers Pep is favourite and Mourinho is second favourite. Pep has had it handed to him on a silver platter in his managerial career so far and Mourinho has never won it so far despite any achievements. I don't think either will endear themselves to the voting managers.

Ive taken smaller stakes on Conte @9.5 and Klopp @9.5 as I like the odds and think they could have some sense of appeal to voters for a non British manager, if there is to be one.

I haven't had much time to check anything betting wise this last few weeks, had totally missed the LMA manager winner till about a week ago. I never really do much in the pre season bets so am pretty happy with this.

Picked up a winner on Conte @9.5 - He was down to evens by Christmas so it was looking fairly certain from early on. Klopp was looking like the other option to be on for the first half of the season at least.

Obviously Moyes was too short even @51.00 but I'll still be sticking by the stats I mentioned about British managers winning this. I think Eddie Howe is a good shout to back in the coming seasons if he stays in the @30 + odds bracket - previous winner and should stand a good chance if Bournemouth get up in the European places.

I guess that everybody is done with this thread.

Closed

If you have something to add to this thread that you think we cant do without, drop me a pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement