Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not happy with bespoke Hat.. have I any rights?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Not so, taking something home does not void any right here as long as she complains within a reasonable time frame. That's just fact, it's outlined in the piece of legislation you quoted yourself. No manipulation of the story required.

The "or" is critical, you are misunderstanding the act. Op accepted the goods.

How do you know what the OP would have said?
    You know better than her what she meant is it?

The OP stated it had no structure.

Do you actually know what a fascinator is? If it had no structure then it cannot be a fascinator. It might be a hair decoration, but she didnt ask for a hair decoration, she asked for a fascinator.

She didnt say anything about the design of it. She said it looked a mess, but it would if it had no structure. Thats a red herring. How can you be expected to like or dislike something when it doesnt actually operate as the thing it is supposed to be?

This is a bit like saying that someone knitted you a scarf but when you went to pick it up it was simply a 2 inch square of cloth. It couldnt operate as a scarf. Nor would you like the design, but that is because it couldnt be worn as a scarf and not because it looked bad as a piece of cloth. You simply cant really apply "didnt like the design" to it when it simply is not what it is supposed to be.

Someone knitted me a 2 inch scarf, I paid for it and took it home. Mistake by me there.

"No structure" and "mess" are not terms the act cares about, they are a difference of opinion on the deign of an object. An object that was accepted.

Unless the product is faulty the op has no comeback here and is reliant on good will.

People would do well to avoid using lines like "do you even know what" and instead stick to the relevant facts.

Unless the op comes back here and states clearly the product is faulty or shows pics everything posted points to a change of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Someone knitted me a 2 inch scarf, I paid for it and took it home. Mistake by me there.

"No structure" and "mess" are not terms the act cares about, they are a difference of opinion on the deign of an object. An object that was accepted.

Unless the product is faulty the op has no comeback here and is reliant on good will.

People would do well to avoid using lines like "do you even know what" and instead stick to the relevant facts.

Unless the op comes back here and states clearly the product is faulty or shows pics everything posted points to a change of mind.

Nope, so far what's been posted points to a faulty item.

No structure = faulty. That's exactly what was posted.

Acceptance is a nonsense term. You can find fault when you take something home and try it on.

Nope, so far what's been posted points to a faulty item.

No structure = faulty. That's exactly what was posted.

Acceptance is a nonsense term. You can find fault when you take something home and try it on.

Acceptance is the law, please feel free to show otherwise.

No structure does not mean faulty. Faulty means faulty. No structure could easily be a difference of design opinion. Op should clarify

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

The "or" is critical, you are misunderstanding the act. Op accepted the goods.
    There's that making stuff up again. The OP didn't accept the goods. The OP took the goods home - different thing entirely.

Facts like "nothing like what I had asked for" perhaps? Interesting that you seem to require the OP to post pictures to convince you of a fault, while you repeatedly ignore her original statement of "nothing like what I had asked for" .
    Acceptance is the law, please feel free to show otherwise.

No structure does not mean faulty. Faulty means faulty. No structure could easily be a difference of design opinion. Op should clarify

The OP clarified in her first post, where she said "nothing like what I had asked for". That's faulty.
    You are paraphrasing the OP so much just to get the argument you want. She said it was 'only when I got home' that she decided it was not for her.

This is all moot anyway. Nobody here has seen the item and argument for arguments sake has taken over.
    She said it was "nothing like what I had asked for". Interesting that not having seen the item didn't hold you back from rushing to judgement yourself.
    Look it up. Irish Statutes. Sale of Goods Act 1979 and amendments. Section 35
    There is no such Act in Irish law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I am closing this thread as it is going nowhere currently.

OP - if you wish for it to be reopened for further comment, please contact a member of the CI mod team.

As this is a bespoke item, then the item must meet the specifications or description provided. This is the crux of any case that the OP could persue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement