Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

sceach16 wrote: »
    I can complain......where and when?

Tralee..my local off licence

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just a heads up that the BrewDog website is doing £5 delivery to Ireland this weekend. Not bad if you want to stock up on cans. A box is 24 bottles, but cans count as 2 bottles so 48 cans delivered for £5.

I also have a 10% discount voucher if anybody wants it. But don't take it if you're not going to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just a heads up that the BrewDog website is doing £5 delivery to Ireland this weekend. Not bad if you want to stock up on cans. A box is 24 bottles, but cans count as 2 bottles so 48 cans delivered for £5.

I also have a 10% discount voucher if anybody wants it. But don't take it if you're not going to use it.

No Zeitgeist :(

Is there anywhere else you can get this ridiculously underrated beer?

No Zeitgeist :(

Is there anywhere else you can get this ridiculously underrated beer?

It’s one of their seasonals and afaik the last release was January 2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Brewdog have gone mental in Manchester this weekend with their marketing ****e. Punk this, punk that. Punk passport and visa stops or some other nonsense.

Dh_lb6pWsAIUkfG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Few cans of Mike Hess Grapefruit Solis.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can get anything decent in the bar in the Croke Park Hotel?

Toddle down to Smith's in Fairview for your fix; you are looking at about ten minutes walk.

Alesmith/Pizza Port Brewing collaboration Logical Choice, can’t say enough good things about this. Can see why it’s given an Exceptional rating on likes of BeerAdvocate. Feels nothing like 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

OOnegative wrote: »
    Alesmith/Pizza Port Brewing collaboration Logical Choice, can’t say enough good things about this. Can see why it’s given an Exceptional rating on likes of BeerAdvocate. Feels nothing like 10%.

Is it widely available or more select?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Is it widely available or more select?

Apologies, widely available in my local off license in The Hague!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Sake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just sat down with a can of Lough Gill's Native IPA.. its very nice with a mild bitterness

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Just sat down with a can of Lough Gill's Native IPA.. its very nice with a mild bitterness

Most of their stuff is very drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭jh79

Northern Powerhouse Brew Series 007 IPA - Wylam/Northern Monk Collab

Didn't like this at all. Looks like thick orange juice, smells weird tastes weird. Never again.

jh79 wrote: »
    Northern Powerhouse Brew Series 007 IPA - Wylam/Northern Monk Collab

Didn't like this at all. Looks like thick orange juice, smells weird tastes weird. Never again.

Ha! Really? It was one of my favourites of the series. Different strokes I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭jh79

Ha! Really? It was one of my favourites of the series. Different strokes I suppose.

Just didn't taste like an IPA to me. I don't know much about different hops or styles (east coast v west coast) but for me Torpedo and Stone IPA are what IPA's should taste like. Tasted more like a Saison or something to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Yeah thought the same, tasted great to me. I do get why people aren’t huge fans of the NEIPA style especially if they’re used to the more classic IPA style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Enjoyed the Track/Whiplash DIPA - Hard on me.

However I've a bottle of Wild Beer Co Modus operandi that I'm looking forward to trying tonight.

I'm off IPA's atm they are slowly turning into the same 6 or 7 largers on tap that I was moaning about 6 or 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Can of Brewdog Jet Trash west coast IPA last night - lots of boozy heat, it is 7.5% after all but unfortunately not much else. Lacked any real depth of flavour and not a patch on Jack Hammer.
    Had a can of Larkins pale ale because of lots of recommendations here. I liked it but not sure I'd buy again, plenty of flavour and good texture but I felt the flavour was predominantly lemon sherbet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Wicklow wolf Ranchero Raubero.
    Didn't like it at all.

A good idea and very well executed,they really achieved a smoky bacon taste and smell but it just didn't click with me. Can't quite put my finger on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wild Weather - Storm in a Teacup Earl Grey IPA

Doesn't taste of Earl Grey. That said I don't even like Earl Grey very much so I'm not sure why I bought it. Drinkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Wicklow wolf Ranchero Raubero.
    Didn't like it at all.

A good idea and very well executed,they really achieved a smoky bacon taste and smell but it just didn't click with me. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Because it smelled and tasted like smokey bacon crisps would be much guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

L1011 wrote: »
    Wild Weather - Storm in a Teacup Earl Grey IPA

Doesn't taste of Earl Grey. That said I don't even like Earl Grey very much so I'm not sure why I bought it. Drinkable.

I've tasted 8 of their beers over the last month and they are all unremarkable tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I just had Sierra Nevada Side Car IPA which was ok, it’s supposed to be an orange flavored ipa but I didn’t get much of a zesty or orangey flavor from it.

I also had Brooklyn Brewery’s East IPA which was much nicer. High enough abv at 6.9 but light to taste

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Lockheed

cans of Dutch Gold

Possibly the ugliest looking beer I’ve ever had. Amager Bryghus x Mikerphone Brewing - All Shook Up.

It looks like dirty dishwater.

It’s a DDH Vanilla Milkshake IPA. The description is a bit of a mouthful, but then again so is the beer itself. It’s a cracking beer though. Lots of of malty sweetness with hoppy fruitiness and a nice vanilla kick for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Have just tried Archway Lager by Franciscan Well. Terribly disappointed. Its along the lines of Molsten Canadian and Coors Light. Very watery.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Considering Fran Well's ownership, it isn't completely impossible that it IS Molson Canadian :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,666 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

L1011 wrote: »
    Considering Fran Well's ownership, it isn't completely impossible that it IS Molson Canadian :pac:

They're not exactly aiming the marketing at the craft beer aficianado sector anyway...funny how sometimes you can look at a beer label and just know it's going to be like having sex in a canoe, as the old joke goes.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

White Hag No. 40 table saison, 2.6%, pint = 6.00

It was only afterwards that I saw this is 2.6%.

I can't justify paying 6 euro for a 2.6% beer. Down the street I can get 4.2% stout for 3.70/3.80.

Lough Gill Brewery sloe gin gose, pint = 6.00

Neither of these stood out for me, not in a rush back to have them again.

Boon geuze, 375ml bottle, 7.50 euro, pricey, but a class drink.

Advertisement