Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Selassie is lovely as is Bianca.

Haven't had yellow belly but Noa is nice although not worth the price

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Ksiazecze red lager, tyskie, zubr, lomza and loads of honey and plum beers, oh im on holiday in poland as well so 80 cents for bottle in the shop upto 2 euro at a bar

8 cans of Northern Monk 6.2%IPA for a tenner in the super market. Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Burren Red from the Roadside in Lisdoonvarna, always a great beer in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Picked up a few beers from Melvin Brewing in Wyoming in Molloys.

First up is an MPA (whatever that is!) called Hubert. A 6% IPA essentially. Nice enough. Closest I’ve had to Heady Topper, which I wasn’t exactly blown away by, but this is nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Picked up a few beers from Melvin Brewing in Wyoming in Molloys.

Probably expanding into Europe due to boycotts at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

At a wedding in Woodenbridge and the bar has three Wicklow Brewing taps. Better option than most weddings

RonanC wrote: »

Hmmm

Their IPA called Melvin is an absolute belter. Classic oldskool US IPA, full of those lovely piney hops and jammy marmalade flavours. Great beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Hmmm

Their IPA called Melvin is an absolute belter. Classic oldskool US IPA, full of those lovely piney hops and jammy marmalade flavours. Great beer.
    So piney, absolutely love it. Its 6 months in the can!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hmmm

So piney, absolutely love it. Its 6 months in the can!!
    Had their MPA at the weekend, great drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

they dumped 6 months old cans on us? i've had 2x4 relatively fresh and it's great but that's not cool

snowblind wrote: »
    they dumped 6 months old cans on us? i've had 2x4 relatively fresh and it's great but that's not cool

The one I had was 3 months. It’s American dating, so month first.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

yeah, i got a few of them just to test how they've fallen off. drunken master was far off for sure at three months old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

L1011 wrote: »
    At a wedding in Woodenbridge and the bar has three Wicklow Brewing taps. Better option than most weddings

I was at a wedding recently that had Wicklow Wolf in bottles, but at 8 euro a bottle :eek:. Wedding prices to the max - I just had the one.

slayerking wrote: »
    I was at a wedding recently that had Wicklow Wolf in bottles, but at 8 euro a bottle :eek:. Wedding prices to the max - I just had the one.

These were actually 10c/pint cheaper than macro lagers! Slightly dearer than Guinness/Smithwicks.

Brewery is very local (Wicklow, not Wicklow Wolf - they're in Bray I think?) so they probably take some local pride in it like they do with food on the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I'm late to this, but just wanted to add to the disappointment about Independent Brewing closing down.

Always enjoyed their beers, particularly the pale ale, black IPA, and export stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

O Brother Mad Hatter Can - really enjoyed this, plenty of hops balanced by a decent malt backbone which seemed perfect for autumn drinking.

Looking forward to this later, been awhile.

Had to get something from a DPD dropoff point in a local shop I'd rarely go to. Very small craft selection but had from And Union from Bavaria who I'd never seen before. Seem decent enough and weren't massively dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

RasTa wrote: »
    Looking forward to this later, been awhile.

Is it available in Ireland yet or did you get a delivery from Brewdog?

• Advertisement

No Zeitgeist :(

Is there anywhere else you can get this ridiculously underrated beer?

You'll be glad to know that it's back!
    https://www.brewdog.com/item/1910/BrewDog/Zeitgeist-Bomber.html

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Is it available in Ireland yet or did you get a delivery from Brewdog?

Got it in their bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Quick one for yis folks.

What temp should I drink a Sour at?

Just picked up a few cans of Yellowbelly Passionfruit Sour and was wondering should I chill it or drink at room temperature?? Thanks

Quick one for yis folks.

Just picked up a few cans of Yellowbelly Passionfruit Sour and was wondering should I chill it or drink at room temperature?? Thanks

I don’t think there are any hard and fast rules but personally I prefer them chilled. Not Heineken super chilled, but from the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Quick one for yis folks.

I'd chill that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

RasTa wrote: »
    8 cans of Northern Monk 6.2%IPA for a tenner in the super market. Good to see.

Which super market?
    500ml cans?

Which super market?
    500ml cans?

Not in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Couple of large bottles of Plain Porter, wish they'd get rid of those bottle caps though, what's the logic? Half the time the ring comes off and you need a bottle opener anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Not in Ireland

You absolute tease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,666 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Couple of large bottles of Plain Porter, wish they'd get rid of those bottle caps though, what's the logic? Half the time the ring comes off and you need a bottle opener anyway.

Not a fan of Porterhouse's dumbed down rebranding, or the general reduction in ABVs. :(

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement