Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Lervig’s Tasty Juice now, tasty is right!!! Followed by Buxton’s Ramberget then Galway Bay/Beavertown’s Polyrhythm.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beer Geek Breakfast. I think it's my first time ever having it. I love my stouts. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

oblivious wrote: »
    Nice , where did you pick that up?

Sorry for the delay in reply. It was a trip up North sadly but the next time I'm up there I'll tip you off and I can get you a few, if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

In Leuven. So many great beers but one of the most interesting is http://www.themusketeers.be/magma-oak/.

Hopped like an IPA but with that tripel backbone.. dangerous and very easy to drink at 9 percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Heading to Brussels in a few weeks lads.. Looking for all suggestions as to what I should try.. Thanks

PM me if that's easier

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Heading to Brussels in a few weeks lads.. Looking for all suggestions as to what I should try.
    Don't miss Cantillon. Moeder Lambic Fontainas has a great selection from all across Europe. De La Senne's taproom is nice. Beyond that it depends where you are and what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Heading to Brussels in a few weeks lads.. Looking for all suggestions as to what I should try.. Thanks
    A La Becasse, for your sours, Delerium Cafe for token tourist-trap beer, Porte Noire basement beer hall with big selection.

My local corner shop(The Hague) is selling Westmalle Dubbel off at €1 a bottle to make room for the seasonal Bock beer in there fridge. Helped myself to 12 bottles as it was all I had in my pocket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

OOnegative wrote: »
    My local corner shop(The Hague) is selling Westmalle Dubbel off at €1 a bottle to make room for the seasonal Bock beer in there fridge. Helped myself to 12 bottles as it was all I had in my pocket!!

Sure their shelf turds away ;)

Solas Belgian Wit - €2 a 500ml bottle in tesco for the last while.

pleasant orange peel tang off it. nice for 1 or 2 of an evening.

5.2%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is lovely at 5.6%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

12 Acre Single Malt Lager. Not bad, but wouldn't buy again. I like their Pale Ale so I gave it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Grimbergen Blonde
    Karlovacko lager.
    Both in croatia in fine weather.
    Both lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

McGargles Retro IPA. Reminds me of the only non-Guinness, non-Fosters beer available in some pre-club pubs in Northern England (and occasionally elsewhere in the UK) back when I used to go out a lot more often; never really liked them then but my tastes have changed. And there's a certain reminiscence of youth to it too; probably a slightly less common youth to most people my age in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,673 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Kinnegar Big Bunny. Nice.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Oharas hop central, little bland for my tastes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Really liking Lagunitas 12th of never. 5.5% and £9 for 8 cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

RasTa wrote: »

Where is this available at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

The UK, Manchester

• Guinness Milk Stout is delicious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

slayerking wrote: »
    Where is this available at that price?
    VW 1 wrote: »
    The UK, Manchester

Or any Tesco in the UK also mix and match with Elvis juice or life and death(6.5%) Might be worth a trip to Newry

Mike Hess’ Solis & Habitus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It’s a fantastic beer. Great price too. Might take a spin up across the border closer to Christmas to stock up on some bargains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Guinness Milk Stout is delicious

Have to say I wasn't impressed, I loved west Indies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Lagunitas is always great value. Can you get the large 16 oz cans of 12th of never?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Cask Bonita in Underdog last night, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Cask Bonita in Underdog last night, lovely.

It was nice alright. The cask didn't last long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Enjoying a few cans of regular Guinness here. Love the craft beers but sometimes its hard to beat the old reliable!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

goose island now in dunnes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Kinnegar Big Bunny. Nice.

Yep this really good.

Had a bottle of the Blacks of Kinsale "marching powder" cryo IPA on sat night. Tasted slightly strange and took me an age to finish it.

Advertisement