Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Got a bottle of Blow Hard by 8 degrees..

How do I drink imperial stouts???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Slowly, slightly cooler than room temp and savour it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Got a bottle of Blow Hard by 8 degrees..

How do I drink imperial stouts???

With your mouth I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Jaysus theres a grand kick off this stuff and it's absolutely savage

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got my hands on a bottle of Shepherd Neame India Pale Ale tonight for the first time in a long time. Grand stuff for catching up with the Champions League highlights.

The lad in the off-licence just looked at me and asked "Big night tonight, yeah?" :pac: I vaguely recall the days when I thought 6.2% was a crazy abv for a beer. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Had a couple of bottles of O'Haras Leann Follain, as usual I think it's lovely. I also picked up a can of Lough Gill Lovers Blend and I'm really disappointed. The blurb on the can couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm a Sligo man and I really wanted to like it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Larkin's Coffee in the Rye.
    Lovely coffee and rye style IPA.

Should have got more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh yes. 11% Cask, bit heavy on the sprinkles but it was their 1st birthday.

DuePqaSWwAI_4Y-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

To Øl’s Dangerously close to much Guava plus Galway Bay’s Full Sail and Clear Intentions. Local off license big fans of Galway Bay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Founders better half. - beer of the year for me, no other beer gets the barrel balance as good as this.

Larkin's, cascade in the rye dipa. Not getting much rye, over sweet, bitter but lacking in dry hops. Horrible floaters in the beer. Why are there so many floaters in Irish canned beers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Few Lervig Supersonic tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Sierra Nevada Narwhal and 8degrees Blowhard on draught.

If I'd had it tried by it's self I'd have said Blowhard was pretty decent but back to back with Narwhal there was no comparison. It really is an lovely drop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Local brewery in Nesselwang. One man show. Doesn't get any more micro than this. :D

468333.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dtlibra

Does anybody disagree that Perlenbacher is the best value Hefe Weissbier going, and not a bad taste either! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Picked up couple bottles of stout founders kbs being one then seeing as gets lot recommendations.

Actually noticed on back the label it says best by 29/11/17.

Will be ok to drink?

Tried it at the weekend...it's nice... but not their best their dirty bastard & especially DKML are surlperior imo

Tried it at the weekend...it's nice... but not their best their dirty bastard & especially DKML are surlperior imo

I got two bottles in two shops and its the same.

IIRC the year of release was printed on the labels of prior editions, perhaps its something to do with when it was put into the barrels? Or maybe I am off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

The last of the Galway Bay / Beavertown colab Polyrhythm. This was far and away the beer of the year for me (not counting the couple of bottles of Goose Island Bourbon County stout I have stashed away for xmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bgr123

dtlibra wrote: »
    Does anybody disagree that Perlenbacher is the best value Hefe Weissbier going, and not a bad taste either! :D

Not a bad drink at all.Came accross the green bottles in Lanzarote and have them the odd time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Really liked the 200 Fathoms this year. Went back to my local to get more today and it was all gone unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Really liked the 200 Fathoms this year. Went back to my local to get more today and it was all gone unfortunately.

Drink store still had stock when I grabbed a bottle yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Picked up four bottles in O'Briens Naas yesterday. Going to have two over Christmas and cellar the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Cazale wrote: »
    Picked up four bottles in O'Briens Naas yesterday. Going to have two over Christmas and cellar the other two.

Picked up one there yesterday :)

Founders better half, huge alcohol/bourbon hit off it. Very nice, but a slow sipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Couple of hazy Jane NEIPA's from brewdog

O'Brother Joe Coffee Porter to ease me in before I hit my collection of imperial stouts tomorrow!

Ryath wrote: »
    O'Brother Joe Coffee Porter to ease me in before I hit my collection of imperial stouts tomorrow!

I've peaked early. Followed the better half with a kbs and a cbs. Fůck it its xmas. Still got a 200 fathoms, kbs and a white hag black boar (i think) for tomorrow. Building a kids kitchen from smyths, 2.5 hours now and needed something to get through it!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Enjoying a 2018 CBS. Seems to be a bit sweeter than I remember the 2017 release, so it wouldn't be for everyone, but as far as I'm concerned it's bloody tasty.

Had a Dot Brew/Hope barrel aged imperial oatmeal stout the other night. Seems to be quite a limited release, but if you see a stray bottle anywhere I highly recommend you grab it. Possibly the best imperial stout I've drink all year, and maybe even the best beer of the year full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Zaph wrote: »
    Enjoying a 2018 CBS. Seems to be a bit sweeter than I remember the 2017 release, so it wouldn't be for everyone, but as far as I'm concerned it's bloody tasty.

Had a Dot Brew/Hope barrel aged imperial oatmeal stout the other night. Seems to be quite a limited release, but if you see a stray bottle anywhere I highly recommend you grab it. Possibly the best imperial stout I've drink all year, and maybe even the best beer of the year full stop.
    Have one of those Dot Brews for tomorrow, finishing a Ballast Point Tongue Buckler now, 10% imperial red ale, very pleasant.

VW 1 wrote: »
    I've peaked early. Followed the better half with a kbs and a cbs. Fůck it its xmas. Still got a 200 fathoms, kbs and a white hag black boar (i think) for tomorrow. Building a kids kitchen from smyths, 2.5 hours now and needed something to get through it!

Prepping dinner couldn't be on the hard stuff!

Have CBS, KBS, White Hag Back Boat, Aged Lean Folilain, Yellow Belly It's not Vodka, 8° Blowhard, Left Hand Fade to Black, Kinegar Flying Saucer Export! Few chimay and brew dog Elvis juice if I get bored of stout!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Night #1: Founders Breakfast Stout; White Gypsy Yule Ól; Carraig Dhubh from Beoir Chorca Dhuibhne. Happy Christmas, lads.

Advertisement