Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Tonight I had a kinnegar scraggy bay and a few friar Weisse by Franciscan Well. I have one of Galway Bay’s 200 hundred fathoms to look forward to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Rye river DIPA. T'is a tasty drop too :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Night #2: Black Donkey Buck It, Sierra Nevada Narwhal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Closest thing to Harp?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Closest thing to Harp?

Rockshore lager, apparently. ;)

• Advertisement

Night #4: Orval Trappist ale; Subliminal Imperial stout (Buxton Brewery)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Love the 2018 200 Fathoms, it's the best one for a few years imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I've been to Spain for the holidays
    The problem over there is that bars usually have one or two taps and always stick to the local ones, like Mahou in Madrid and such, or the usual Heineken.

Surprised to see this time that many bars have a larger selection of local breweries, mostly bottled.

I lost track of all I had :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17981/59173/

Had pleasure of a few of these earlier in Brody’s Tap House, Den Haag. Delicious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Night #4: Orval Trappist ale; Subliminal Imperial stout (Buxton Brewery)

Where did you get the Buxton?

• Advertisement

McCambridges in Galway had one bottle of it left in their fridge the last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Blackrock cellar had it, they might still have some. A very nice beverage indeed.

Night #whatever: White Hag brewery, Meabh Rua. A 750ml bottle of 8.2% Imperial Red Ale. Bottled in 2016. Also purchased on Shop Street in Galway. Enjoyed slowly over the last 2 hours.

Also enjoyed recently: 8 Degrees, Hopsfume IPA. Great way to see out 2018. Gorgeous beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I think i have a problem. Ive finding Corona with a slice of lime a most lovely drink.... its all ive drunk at home over the christmas and am almost tempted to order when i go to the pub.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Glebee wrote: »
    I think i have a problem. Ive finding Corona with a slice of lime a most lovely drink.... its all ive drunk at home over the christmas and am almost tempted to order when i go to the pub.....

Save the cash, i couldnt justify paying 5 euro for a bottle of something i can get in dunnes for 1 euro a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

VW 1 wrote: »
    Save the cash, i couldnt justify paying 5 euro for a bottle of something i can get in dunnes for 1 euro a bottle.

Thats whats stopping me...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Moor Nor'hop, like everything else they do it's excellent. 4.1%, very sessionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm in Carrick for the night, is the Barrel Store worth checking out?? Anyone been their?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I'm in Carrick for the night, is the Barrel Store worth checking out?? Anyone been their?

Lovely spot, defo worth a look IMO. Its primarily Carrig brewing beers and they have a good selection of them. The Oarsman is also defo worth checking out but its quite a foody pub so can be tricky to get a seat just for pints.... they are pretty much beside each other in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

Barrelstore is a decent bar with a good craft selection. Mainly from Carrig brewery as already stated. Check out Gings if you are going across the bridge....

• Advertisement

slayerking wrote:
    Lovely spot, defo worth a look IMO. Its primarily Carrig brewing beers and they have a good selection of them. The Oarsman is also defo worth checking out but its quite a foody pub so can be tricky to get a seat just for pints.... they are pretty much beside each other in any case.

Dellboy54 wrote:
    Barrelstore is a decent bar with a good craft selection. Mainly from Carrig brewery as already stated. Check out Gings if you are going across the bridge....

Thanks lads.. Much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Got one of these Fruit,car,sight exhibition by Verdant for later. Heard a lot of good things about this beer. If it doesn't do it then I'm finished with hype ipas.

I have now invested £100 into Verdant's crowdcube funding yoke.

RasTa wrote:
    Got one of these Fruit,car,sight exhibition by Verdant for later. Heard a lot of good things about this beer. If it doesn't do it then I'm finished with hype ipas.

RasTa wrote:
    I have now invested £100 into Verdant's crowdcube funding yoke.

Is the hype real ??

I dunno anymore, I certainly enjoyed it but wouldn't buy again for awhile at that price.

Back home for 2 days today. Anything to look out for? Have a 200 fathoms waiting

The new whiplash double is lovely.. I'm a double and whiplash lover though ..

Also the new kinnegar double New England is great too if you're that way inclined

Best place to buy a few fancy beer glasses?? I've tried Google but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Had a large bottle of McArdles watching the Munster match. Old ways are best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Best place to buy a few fancy beer glasses?? I've tried Google but no joy

If you're in Dublin and want branded glasses, Blackrock Cellar always had a decent selection any time I was in there.

Advertisement