Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Had it on draught at the weekend. Pretty good, but I think it suits bottle better.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

BeerNut wrote: »
    Had it on draught at the weekend. Pretty good, but I think it suits bottle better.

Thanks. I spotted it and The White Hag's Brett IPA in fancy 375ml bottles for €4.75 each (in Joyce's, Galway) which is not too bad for these types of beers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I was astounded to find the Brett-finished bourbon-aged version of Yule was just €4.50 in Bradley's of Cork. Haven't tasted it yet, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

First beer since 28th of December, few bottles of De Molen Amarillo sipped very slowly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Lads, a quick one !

I'm not normally a craft stout drinker . Have a bottle of 200 fathoms there that I'm gonna drink later.

Straight from the fridge or let it warm up a bit ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

ianob7 wrote: »
    Lads, a quick one !

I'm not normally a craft stout drinker . Have a bottle of 200 fathoms there that I'm gonna drink later.

Straight from the fridge or let it warm up a bit ??

Its really a matter of taste, but as it happens I'm just after polishing off a bottle of the same, and I had it straight out of the cupboard.

And it was bloody delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Decent deal including the beer

Dzh-SMNX0AEEVft.jpg:large

RasTa wrote:
    Decent deal including the beer

What's in the glass Rasta ??

New World, has to be a core beer.

Cloudwater 4th birthday last Thursday. 10.5% TIPA very nice but it's £8 a can. One of their better ones in a long time but they have fallen behind in the hoppy stakes.

I'd have Deya, Verdant, Wylam and Northern Monk ahead of them atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Done a decent number of inner city / border of suburban pubs this weekend between some before a game in Dalymount and this evening after something else I was doing. Despite some craft content, my beer of the weekend so far has been Smithwicks.

When you can't take the harshness of Diageos lagers anymore and are drinking in craftless pubs, it ends up being the bland option of choice.

RasTa wrote:
    I'd have Deya, Verdant, Wylam and Northern Monk ahead of them atm

Haven't ever seen deya or Verdant over here... Their instagram always makes me sad as their beers look incredible

Agreed on cloudwater, they ain't what they once were

Yeah even Deya hard to get over here. Verdant not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Funnily enough, the only Deya beer I’ve had was a Northern Monk x Verdant x Deya collaboration. Hop City DIPA. I thought it was ok enough, nothing amazing. I’ve only had one other by Verdant, Bloom. It was nice enough too but a little too sickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Northern monk x wylam moobing on up TIPA.

Got two for a euro earlier as they were dated best before august 18.

Excellent beer, thick syrupy and tastes of pineapple peach and passionfruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Sampled a few Blind Lion by 4 Islands Brewing, Holland in Mingle Mush today. A nice NEIPA, not hugely syrupy like some i’ve tasted previously. A nice beer by a small Dutch brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just some bog standard cans of Guiness here.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Funnily enough, the only Deya beer I’ve had was a Northern Monk x Verdant x Deya collaboration. Hop City DIPA. I thought it was ok enough, nothing amazing. I’ve only had one other by Verdant, Bloom. It was nice enough too but a little too sickly.

Had a can of Northern Monk x Deya – Patron’s Project 09.06 Skeletory DDH IPA last night, first time I'd ever heard of Deya. Pretty decent beer, very light and fruity, really more of a summer beer than one for the depths of winter imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Local shop had 4 packs of Jet Black Heart in.

Can says to invert it five times then pour hard in to a pint glass to let to settle. Problem is that if you invert the can five times, it will spurt on you when opening, no matter what you do.

Since I stopped driving to work I don't pass "proper" off-licences (Sweeneys, O'Briens were both on the way) anymore, so I'm down to what the local shops sell. And while its a damn sight better than a few years ago - full Galway Bay, O'Haras, McGargles, Boyne range are fixtures - it does get a bit boring.

L1011 wrote: »

Can says to invert it five times then pour hard in to a pint glass to let to settle. Problem is that if you invert the can five times, it will spurt on you when opening, no matter what you do.

I had one recently and I did what I usually do with nitro cans. I put a pint glass in the sink, invert the can a few times, open the can in the sink and then pour from a height so you can get a really good head on it.

• Advertisement

Anybody get the Tiny Rebel 7th Birthday Collaboration Pack? I ordered one ages ago and it was delivered last Wednesday just before I went away for the weekend. Absolutely gorgeous presentation box with a lovely glass. Somehow they managed to send me out another (for free) while I was away!!

Only had a couple of cans but I’m really liking them so far.

Some good stuff being sold from Cloudwater over here next week. Would probably need to camp overnight to get them though(Sunday stuff).

D0FS06kWkAAsm43.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Thought this was vile, couldn't finish it.
    can-mockup-puft.png?width=355

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

L1011 wrote: »

Since I stopped driving to work I don't pass "proper" off-licences (Sweeneys, O'Briens were both on the way) anymore, so I'm down to what the local shops sell. And while its a damn sight better than a few years ago - full Galway Bay, O'Haras, McGargles, Boyne range are fixtures - it does get a bit boring.
    Bad as they are, they're the least worst.

Never got the jet black heart thing either, just end up making a mess, much preferred the original JBH.

RE: Marshmallow porter, was looking forward to it, the brew dog mallow mafia was outrageously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,908 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Having Post Ahopalypse from yellowbelly.

These lads continually knock it out of the park. Some of my favourite producers in the country.

Wish there product was in more pubs in Dublin . Rare enough find

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

listermint wrote: »
    Having Post Ahopalypse from yellowbelly.

These lads continually knock it out of the park. Some of my favourite producers in the country.

Wish there product was in more pubs in Dublin . Rare enough find

You're going to the wrong pubs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,908 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You're going to the wrong pubs :-)

I'm not.

Rare ... Means not maybe pubs stock it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

penev10 wrote: »
    Thought this was vile, couldn't finish it.
    can-mockup-puft.png?width=355

Interesting, One of the best marshmallow porters I've had imo. Preferred it to mallow mafia just coz it's less boozy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Stay Puft is a cracking porter. Haven't had anything bad from Tiny Rebel, a really good brewery imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

listermint wrote: »
    I'm not.

Rare ... Means not maybe pubs stock it

Not from my experience

Advertisement