Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Green&Red wrote: »
    Where do people source their beers?

Mikkeller BeerMail
    YellowBelly Beer Subscription
    Blackrock Cellar (for rarer beers)
    Centra YellowBelly/Larkin/OBrother beers if I forget to swing by the Blackrock Cellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Cheers, im in Mayo. Anything on-line?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mostly Molloy's in Clonsilla, with the occasional trip to Drinkstore. If I happen to be in the vicinity I'll sometimes drop into Blackrock Cellar, Martin's in Fairview or Baggot Street Wines.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

seen ads for https://www.thebeerclub.ie/ on Facebook but never used them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Green&Red wrote: »
    Cheers, im in Mayo. Anything on-line?
    DrinkStore, McHugh's, Bradley's and Martin's all deliver (and I'm sure there are others). But none of them keep their sites up to date with everything currently in stock. If you're looking for something specific, you need to ask them directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

I'm originally from Mayo so I feel your pain in regards sourcing beers...

Ordering online from drinkstore would probably be your best bet I'd imagine

Edit: beernut has beaten me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Mikkeller BeerMail YellowBelly Beer Subscription Blackrock Cellar (for rarer beers) Centra YellowBelly/Larkin/OBrother beers if I forget to swing by the Blackrock Cellar.

Any issues with the mikkeller stuff coming into Ireland ?? i.e customs or delivery issues

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ianob7 wrote: »
    Any issues with the mikkeller stuff coming into Ireland ?? i.e customs or delivery issues

Not so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Spotted four-packs of 'Toast' pale ale and IPA in Dunnes (Athlone) today. Beers made with discarded bread, apparently. The box said they're brewed by Rascal's in Dublin, on behalf of some UK company. Anyone tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sampling some of PINTAs fine wares in Wroclaw. Hic! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Spotted four-packs of 'Toast' pale ale and IPA in Dunnes (Athlone) today. Beers made with discarded bread, apparently. The box said they're brewed by Rascal's in Dublin, on behalf of some UK company. Anyone tried them?

Tiny Rebel and Iceland teamed up to make a beer from leftover bread. It’s called Bread Board and is exclusive to Iceland. Not sure if you can get it over here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

siren-craft-brew-siren-craft-brew-mavka-1547641511Siren-craft-brew-mavka-front.png

Rich, luxurious chocolate and coffee. Not a hint of coconut however. Lovely. 11.4% ABV and only €4.75 in Stephen Street News.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Tiny Rebel and Iceland teamed up to make a beer from leftover bread. It’s called Bread Board and is exclusive to Iceland. Not sure if you can get it over here though.

Thanks, 'Toast' seems to be the same concept and, as mentioned, is now being sold in Dunnes here. The pale ale is 5% and the IPA 6%. The four-packs are €9.

The pale ale is 5% and the IPA 6%. The four-packs are €9.
    Both are currently on tap at the Rascals brewery, for anyone who doesn't fancy buying over a litre at a time.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Both are currently on tap at the Rascals brewery, for anyone who doesn't fancy buying over a litre at a time.

Only relevant if you live close to Rascals of course. Otherwise you’ll be spending the difference on bus/tram fare.

Does Dunnes have a courtesy bus now?

Does Dunnes have a courtesy bus now?

Possibly, but I’d say most people live within walking distance to a Dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How's that rascals place doing anyway?

RasTa wrote: »

I’ve only been there once, around Christmas, and I really liked it. Quite busy and the pizza was top notch. A couple of mates live in the area so they’ve been there a few times and said it’s been busy any time they’ve been there.

Sitting in it now and there's a decent crowd. 20-30 people, I'd say. Only one of the Toast beers is on, though. Anybody know where the nearest Dunnes is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Rochester Mills Brewing Co Peanut Brittle Milkshake Stout and Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake Stout.

Edit: To clarify for some, two different beers!!

D1KvYQGWsAAb1si.jpg

This beer is everywhere at the moment. You can buy your beers and drink them in the off license over here for the same price. They even have taps.

Ireland, you are so terrible you should be ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Was in before the Pats Rovers game last night, nice spot and was understandably full while we were there as they do 10% off with match tickets, it'll be my go to spot when going to games there a few times a year, wouldn't be around that area any other time.

Good beer and Pizza can't really go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

OOnegative wrote: »
    Rochester Mills Brewing Co Peanut Brittle and Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake Stout.

This is the moment.
    It's gone too far too often.
    It's been a while coming but beer has jumped the shark for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

penev10 wrote: »
    Shepherd and Neame's Christmas Ale, hunted down the last bottle in SuperValu on the quays yesterday. My favourite ale by a long margin. Only managed to find 3 bottles over the whole of xmas.

13682.thm350.jpg

If anyone spots any more let me know :)

Sorry to dig this one up but I've managed to pick up three of these just now :) Let me know if you still have a goo for them.

This beer is everywhere at the moment.
    An awful, sticky, hot, overpriced (possibly racist) mess. Thankfully they don't make it any more. Have a Rain Shadow and feel better.

An awful, sticky, hot, overpriced (possibly racist) mess. Thankfully they don't make it any more. Have a Rain Shadow and feel better.

It's not that bad, tried it on draft awhile back but not arsed going for it again.

This is my tasty beverage atm.

IDShot_540x540.jpg
    This is the moment.
    It's gone too far too often.
    It's been a while coming but beer has jumped the shark for me.

You would have enjoyed some of the stouts at the festival I was at last week

S'more BBLs, 16.2% Sour Stout and Imperial Stout blend aged in bourbon barrels with graham crackers, cacao nibs, marshmallows and vanilla

Professor Pastry (w/ Horus Aged Ales), 12.5% Pastry Stout with organic graham cracker, organic marshmallow creme and Tahitian vanilla bean

Big Ass Money Stout 2, 16% Imperial Stout with frozen pizza and money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

This beer is everywhere at the moment. You can buy your beers and drink them in the off license over here for the same price. They even have taps.

Ireland, you are so terrible you should be ashamed.

Haven't seen it here, this year yet. One of my fav stouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This is my tasty beverage atm.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

That's one fantastic beer in so many ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've tried it, watery enough would be my comment, the OH liked it but she wouldn't like anything too strong

Advertisement