Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Gulden Draak 9000, 4 for 8:99 in Lidl. A steal for a good solid beer.

Went to buy that today and then noticed they had a 6 pack variety box for £12. Works out the same price per bottle but a bit of variation.

u7ZpHmbd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Apparently, Porterhouse are making Wrasslers a seasonal stout. Not on in Templebar at the mo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I blame all of you for this. I was doing my bit and you've let me down. You've let us all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I'm shook lads.. I thought wrasslers was popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Wrasslers is absolutely lovely stout. Always drink plenty of it when in Dublin. Shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bollix........

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Bollix........

Bollocks or bollox not bollix.

slayerking wrote: »
    I'm shook lads.. I thought wrasslers was popular.
    I don't think I've ever heard the staff recommend it to a punter, and I'd say a significant proportion of their business is customers ordering Guinness and having something else (Plain, most often) suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

sceach16 wrote: »
    Bollocks or bollox not bollix.

Me bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Pražský Premium Czech Lager.

Living it up a bit.

#youwishyouwereme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

BeerNut wrote: »
    I blame all of you for this. I was doing my bit and you've let me down. You've let us all down.

I did my best to drink the entire stock in Bray over the years. Then they went and sold up :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I felt very uneasy on the couch last night so before I knew it I was sitting at the bar drinking full pints of Guinness. An accomplice arrived and removed me from the bar to a local craft beer bar. You know the type, packed full of millennials, board games, candle light , smell of grass in the smoking area etc.

I drank 2 pints of Viat Cong IPA? Not sure of the name, definately a play on Vietnam. The usual rank IPA nasty initial blast of flavour. But by the time I had reached halfway I actually had got used to it. Citrussy, lemony with rank overturns, quite heavy, mildly enjoyable. I had a second just to qualify the first. That will be my last. Too strong and not refreshing. Very no morish, even though I had 2.

I moved on to nice juicy, fresh, crispy, " Stiegl" which I found out is from Austria. Nailed about 4 of those bad boys. Sehr Schon Gemacht. Bitte sehr. Tasty as phuck, I will be back.

Got bored with my accomplice so preceded to get actively involved in someone else's game of Articulate until the bouncer told me to leave. What is it with people playing board games these days? I was only trying to be friendly ffs. That is the last time I am going to play with them.

If anyone knows the name of the Vietnam one please feel free to correct me.

And if it was you that didn't like me playing your game of Articulate last night you could have just said " please leave us alone" or words to similar effect. It took me 10 minutes to convince that Moldovan Bouncer that I was a normal human being, he didn't speak a word of English.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    If anyone knows the name of the Vietnam one please feel free to correct me.
    Vietnow, by Trouble Brewing. You were in Blackbird, probably. They serve Guinness too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Vietnow, by Trouble Brewing. You were in Blackbird, probably. They serve Guinness too.

Thanks , and no it wasn't Blackbird, but a similar venue, don't get me wrong I had a great laugh, the music was a little too loud- and crap btw- but apart from that everything was fine.

As I said Vietnow wasn't the worst I have tasted, but that might be it for the time being.

Stiegl will be getting further opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I thought all those Vietnow pubs sell guinness?

...Maybe cassidy's doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

PMacs city centre certainly sells Guinness also, can't remember about PMacs Dundrum.

L1011 wrote: »
    PMacs city centre certainly sells Guinness also, can't remember about PMacs Dundrum.

Dundrum does.

Edit: I've checked my notes and Cassidy's does too

Yeah, the whole chain serves Guinness. Do the others have outdoor space?

Yeah, the whole chain serves Guinness. Do the others have outdoor space?

Dundrum does. Cassidy's kind of does ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I would have said he was in pmacs.

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    I would have said he was in pmacs.
    It's the phrase "smoking area" that suggested otherwise to me. P.Mac's in town just has chairs in the street. P.Mac's Dundrum has a terrace but I dunno that I'd call it a "smoking area". Blackbird has a proper garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

The Foxes Rock Pale Ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The OH got me a mix box of six bottles from Greene King, had the first two tonite

Had a yardbird pale ale first off, watery enough

then an Abbot Ale, absolutely delicious, malty AF

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »
    The OH got me a mix box of six bottles from Greene King, had the first two tonite

Had a yardbird pale ale first off, watery enough

then an Abbot Ale, absolutely delicious, malty AF
    Third one is XX Mild, a season ale, 3%, lighter than our brown ales, very tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Some value over the weekend there in MCR.

£2.50 a 3rd of Omnipollo blueberry cheesecake stout and that silly Agamemnon Monster Shake

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

St Mel's Proliferation Schwarzbier. 4.8%, malty, hoppy, little but if sweetness and a smoky hit too. Really good drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

St Mel's Proliferation Schwarzbier. 4.8%, malty, hoppy, little but if sweetness and a smoky hit too. Really good drop.

Where did you get this? We need more schwarzbiers, goddamnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

In a Centra in Enniscrone, here for a cupla days. On a 3 for 9 deal too so I'll grab a couple to take home too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I got it in SuperValu in Deansgrange awhile back

• Advertisement

We need more schwarzbiers, goddamnit.
    Have you tried the White Hag/Boundary one, Freedom of Movement? Absolutely superb.

Advertisement