Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

White Hag Lemon Sour.
    Delicious stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

An File wrote: »
    I'm about to open what I imagine is probably one of the last bottles of Kinnegar Flying Saucer left in the country.

I went all-in and threw a bottle of this year's 200 Fathoms into the mix as well. I have no regrets (for now... >_> )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm so disappointed, my mother-in-law buys my Birthday and Xmas presents in there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm so disappointed, my mother-in-law buys my Birthday and Xmas presents in there :(
    Yeah, huge loss. Hopefully Jay can find somewhere else to open. A dedicated independent bottle shop would do well in Bray, though I'd imagine one would still have to sell the high volume macros to make ends meet. Was never really sure about the directions the place took (coffee shop, deli, gourmet restaurant), but it was always underlined by a really good beer/wine/spirits selection, so I'd always willingly travel a few miles to shop there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone know the Porterhouse €4 beers schedule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

irish_goat wrote: »
    Anyone know the Porterhouse 4 beers schedule?

What evers not selling??

oblivious wrote: »
    What evers not selling??

Sorry, I meant the draught €4 options. They have a different one for €4 every day. Wrasslers is Saturday, I know that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

irish_goat wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant the draught €4 options. They have a different one for €4 every day. Wrasslers is Saturday, I know that much.

From memory:

Mon: Temple Brau
    Tues: Plain
    Wed: Hophead
    Thurs: Halletucker
    Fri: Red
    Sat: Wrasslers
    Sun: Oyster

I don't know if I should be ashamed :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Are they the same across the pubs? I had it in my head that Wrasslers Saturday (as I call Saturday) was Central only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

BeerNut wrote: »
    Are they the same across the pubs? I had it in my head that Wrasslers Saturday (as I call Saturday) was Central only.

Last Saturday I was in Bray they had it

• Advertisement

Cheers. I'm down on Thursday though and was hoping for cheap Hop Heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,096 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The Porterhouse red is some fierce nice stuff.

Tried it for the first time a few weeks ago. Will be back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Had Vocation Life and death last night and was really surprised by good it was, lots of hops up fornt and just a hint of malt to it as well.
    St Lupulin canned is well worth trying, more intensely piney than I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Pokertree's - Ghrian Golden ale : Its a golden ale and has lots of lemon peel and corander. Was a bit too lemony for me.

St Mel's - Autumn IPA 2016 : It reminded me more of a ruby bitter styled beer than an IPA. It was nice and had a caramel taste.

Copermaster/Stationworks - Journeyman IPA : middle of the road IPA similar to there other IPA's they have done in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That I (heart symbol) NE is finally a beer that I like from Galway Bay new stuff, delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

RasTa wrote: »
    That I (heart symbol) NE is finally a beer that I like from Galway Bay new stuff, delicious

It's sad that it will never be produced again, enjoyed it a lot at the great Irish beerfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

My local super valu was selling off Brooklyn Lager for 99c, grand sipping at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Brehon Ulster Black Oatmeal Stout earlier. Excellent stout. Not a fan of their stuff like Stony Grey but they nail it with their plains (see also Shanco Dubh).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I had a can of Neon Overlord from BrewDog last night

A chili, citrus IPA

Nice nose, good initial taste and then the horrible clawing taste of chili to finish.

Revolting.

Had a lemon sour by white hag and a supernova by 8!degrees to cleanse my palate!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I have a fresh bottle of Born To Die. This makes me very excited! Almost €11.50 for the privilege, mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

An File wrote: »
    I have a fresh bottle of Born To Die. This makes me very excited! Almost €11.50 for the privilege, mind.

I have one too in the Fridge, so expensive this time. But it's my favourite European DIPA.

Drinking a Beavertown lululoid now, decent but nothing to write home about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Just using up a couple of bottles of Crafty Brewing Company Irish Pale Ales I had lying around. Need to stock up with some new stuff from outside Lidl soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Magic Rock Inhaler Pale Ale

lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Tonight is a good night :D Left Hand Milk Stout

Left+Hand+%26+Spiegelau+Stout+Glass+-+Image+FOR+SHOP+-+Cascade.jpg?600,600,1,0,80,-1,2383432375

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Tonight is a good night

Where is this.... ????

laros wrote: »
    Where is this.... ????

I once got a bottle of it upstairs in An Spéir Agus An Talamh/The Sky and the Ground in Wexford. No idea where Trond got theirs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

laros wrote: »
    Where is this.... ????

Unfortunately at home :( Not my pic

The day I find it on tap shall be monumental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Dark arts....what a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Cloudwater DIPA - v6 - this is really good got lots of mangos and Grapefruit. Very smooth for a DIPA. Possibly one of the best DIPA I've ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jh79

Trond wrote: »
    Unfortunately at home :( Not my pic

The day I find it on tap shall be monumental!

Regularly on tap in the salthouse in Galway.

Advertisement