Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Where’d you pick that up?
    Molloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

Had the notorious red ipa the other day, was very delicious as it's not your typical IPA flavour which I like.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Wicklow Wolf - Pointy Shoes is a great beer and fantastic value. €5.25 for 440ML @ 12.25%

Only slight complaint is that the Bourbon is slightly raw and a bit harsh so I reckon it would age well. Bought a few extra to do just that. :)

That’s why I’m leaving mine, on the advice of the man in the shop.

Just opened a well earned Samuel Adams Smiths stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Technique

Maisel's Weisse from Aldi. Very nice.

Having a few Clever Man Little Willie’s for the first time in ages. I always forget how fresh it is and how much I like it.

Few McGargles Sean’s chilling too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

Fruh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Bought a few O’Hara’s, edit O’Sheas, stouts for this evening. On sale in aldi at the moment for €1.79 a bottle so ok’ish value for an ok’ish stout.

Will couple them with a wee glass of Powers 3 Swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

L1011 wrote: »
    Dunnes had a Samuel Smith's apricot ale in stock - never noticed Samuel Smith's in Ireland before at all. Does what it says on the bottle taste wise.

355ml bottle, because Smith's have to be odd.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/17959125.swear-word-closes-droitwich-pub-fox-goose-claim-locals/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,663 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I saw the headline for that in the UK Independent and knew what brewery it was before opening it.

It's as if he's made it his life's work to define English Eccentric, but with a malicious vein also.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Another vote for Larkins Live Till You die here. A masterpiece of a beer .
    What’s the connection between them and whiplash? Artwork/cans very similar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Broke out of a self-imposed beer pledge tonight and had Ochtoberfest (8 Degrees), Mammoth IPA and Apex Oatmeal Stout (Wicklow Wolf), and Bucket & Spade (Kinnegar). All well worth another look. :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    What’s the connection between them and whiplash? Artwork/cans very similar
    None. That style of art is just fashionable for beer branding, I guess.

Just opened a Wicklow Wolf Mammoth IPA for the first time, not sure about it yet.

They do everything in cans now do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just opened a Wicklow Wolf Mammoth IPA for the first time, not sure about it yet.

Yeah all cans besides some specials.
    Cans are a better packaging option for manufacturer, retailers, and consumers when compared to bottles. Cheaper to make, cheaper to transport, easier to stack, they cool quicker, and there easier to dispose of (recycle).

And on top of all that they offer 100% protection from light strike.

Beats a trip to the bottle bank too, though I do prefer a bottle personally.

This is growing on me anyway. I’ve some Brehon Oatmeal to go along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Same beer as the bottle. They had to stick a name on it because their other core beers did (Apex is a new brew, replacing Perle).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Porterhouse Wrasslers is apparently back very soon.
    Just FYI coz it needs to be drank so that they know we love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

slayerking wrote: »

They changed it to a seasonal. The bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

slayerking wrote: »

Has a few last Thursday in town, so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Aldi.

Tried Aldi and they dont have it
    anyone seen it anywhere else? (Alska)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Larkin's loose cannon, a DIPA. Thick rich sweet and full of body, tastes somewhere between mango and peach. Hides the 8% well.

GBB goodbye blue Monday, nice sharp IPA, lovely body from the oatmeal.

Boyne oatmeal. Savage stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Bakunin Brewing Co’s Fibonacci, a top class DIPA straight out of Russia.

Some Wicklow Wolf Elevation and I’d actually prefer it to the Mammoth. Going to break out a Pointy Shoes later too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

A lot of offies seem to be discounting birra moretti and estrella damm in 660mm bottles. Off work this week so took advantage of 3 for €10 in my local offy. O’Brien’s afaik are doing 4 moretti for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,678 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Don't know about those, but watch out with the 660mL Staropramen bottles - brewed in the UK and not nearly as nice as the Czech-brewed 500mL bottles. Not easy to spot on the label either.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Cracked open a bottle of Whitewater's Hen Cock and Pigeon Rock Red Ale. There is a high risk of the other three bottles of it being cracked open in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Had some wrasslers in porterhouse yesterday, back on draught as a seasonal,was excellent as always.

Then an ambush and an atlantean in underdog, both excellent and bursting full of fruit and zest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Had a few Wrasslers on Monday, its one of the best.
    I thought it hit a bit of a rough patch just before they moved it to a seasonal, but its back singing now I can confirm that.

• Advertisement

Rounding off a few of my own with a Leann Folláin. I always forget how nice it is.

Advertisement