Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

The Wicklow Wolf locavore dry stout is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just sat down with an Apex Oatmeal Stout from Wicklow Wolf.. Seriously good drop on this miserable night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

The one in the red can (wild hoppy something) is top notch too.
    The quality is consistent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Just sat down with an Apex Oatmeal Stout from Wicklow Wolf.. Seriously good drop on this miserable night

Picked up a couple of cans of this tonight. I'm finding it just OK, bit disappointed. Wicklow Wolf beers are usually great but this is fairly middle of the road for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Lervig Toasted Maple Stout, Christmas in a can!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Was in Carlow last weekend. Went to Carpenters to watch rugby match. Had a couple of draught pints of Sullivans Malting Irish Ale brewed in Kilkenny. Liked it very much. Good body...an old fashioned red ale.

Went into their offie. Great range of craft beers. Only bought 2 . A 44 cl of Sullivans Maltings (5%). Had it tonight and enjoyed it very much.

Also got a 12 Acres Oatmeal Porter 440 ml 5.2%. Just finishing and enjoying it.

Both highly recommended.

I finished the last few of my Siren Breakfast stout this evening. Need to get another few for the Christmas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

sceach16 wrote: »
    Sullivans Malting Irish Ale brewed in Kilkenny.
    Not really. I think it's brewed in Dundalk now. Used to be Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

BeerNut wrote: »
    Not really. I think it's brewed in Dundalk now. Used to be Drogheda.

Website says Kilkenny as does tin I fished out of recycling! Barman in pub told me it was brewed in old Smithwicks premises. So......? Anyway, I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,664 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The old Smithwicks premises is a flat development site.

Postal address and brewing site do not always tie up

• Advertisement

A few Guinness West Indies. It’s very underrated because of the G word but it’s a lovely stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

OOnegative wrote: »
    Lervig Toasted Maple Stout, Christmas in a can!!!

Can't get enough of this.
    Just acquired my Caribbean chocolate cake range.
    Can't wait to try them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Archway by Franciscan Well. Lovely lager! (Or "largger" as the lad says in the Hop House 13 ad).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Having a few American Pale Ales from Boundary in Belfast.. Decent drop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Cask stouts are king

269091638?size=md

Had that beauty yesterday, got to love when the brewers are pouring as gave me a half instead of a 1/3rd although it did take over an hour to sip away.

Cask is made for stout, love to try some old Guinness stuff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Picked up a couple of the porterhouse X Dingle Imperial stout yesterday, going to have one today and save the other for Xmas. Anyone tried it yet?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

VW 1 wrote: »
    Picked up a couple of the porterhouse X Dingle Imperial stout yesterday, going to have one today and save the other for Xmas. Anyone tried it yet?

I think I have a bottle of it, and a Devil's Half Acre, in a gift-pack somewhere. Haven't tried it yet though.

I did a stout/porter tour of Limerick last night. Guinness in Tom Collins', Murphy's in Pharmacia, Beamish in Mickey Martin's, Left Hand nitro stout in Ma Hogan's, Needs More Cowbell in the Wickham Tap, and Treaty City's Sarsfield Stout in Mother Mac's. That should have been enough, but I couldn't resist an 8 Ball Metric Stout before leaving town. I'm just happy I can remember all of it at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Few good beers in Underdog last night

Barrel aged Carribbean chocolate cake
    Thumper IPA Kinnegar
    Dash Away from Trouble
    And a few Ambush to finish off

How was the Carribbean stout? Was going to drop in Friday but didn't get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They're great, but need to be better enjoyed from a can at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Mikkeller’s Beer Geek Maple Shake & Fudgesicle this evening, if possible both better than the Lervig the other night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Really good, rare that I'd drink imperials when I'm out but I had to have it

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I think I have a bottle of it, and a Devil's Half Acre, in a gift-pack somewhere. Haven't tried it yet though.

I did a stout/porter tour of Limerick last night. Guinness in Tom Collins', Murphy's in Pharmacia, Beamish in Mickey Martin's, Left Hand nitro stout in Ma Hogan's, Needs More Cowbell in the Wickham Tap, and Treaty City's Sarsfield Stout in Mother Mac's. That should have been enough, but I couldn't resist an 8 Ball Metric Stout before leaving town. I'm just happy I can remember all of it at this stage!

Decent spin around town!
    What was the Left Hand Nitro like on draught? Had it in a can recently and its pretty good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Decent spin around town!
    What was the Left Hand Nitro like on draught? Had it in a can recently and its pretty good.

I only had a can out of their fridge as well. Don't think I've ever been lucky enough to find it on draught! :o

Picked up a heap of stuff for Xmas this evening. A Wicklow brewery Imperial stout being one of them, 12.12.19. got two for myself and one for a friend, apparently they were the only three that had come into the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Two new Whiplash beers, Sky Burial & Whirlpool of Love, first new ones from their new brewery! Very exciting for them to have a reliable home.

Untappd "year in review" for me:

400 TOTAL CHECK-INS
    374 UNIQUE BEERS
    158 DIFFERENT BREWERIES
    79 DIFFERENT STYLES

snowblind wrote: »
    Two new Whiplash beers, Sky Burial & Whirlpool of Love, first new ones from their new brewery! Very exciting for them to have a reliable home.

Untappd "year in review" for me:

400 TOTAL CHECK-INS
    374 UNIQUE BEERS
    158 DIFFERENT BREWERIES
    79 DIFFERENT STYLES

How does that untappd thing work? I looked at it once but there was no way to put in beers you’d already had so you’d need to be doing it from the day you started drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

How does that untappd thing work? I looked at it once but there was no way to put in beers you’d already had so you’d need to be doing it from the day you started drinking.
    Yeah I add them as I go. You can add them later as well but usually people state in the comment if it was from previously. The beers you drink appear in your friends feed so if you added 500 beers as a batch they might be annoyed. Or whatever, it's not that serious, do as you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Opening up my last can of Pointy Shoes tonight. It's Christmas now, right?

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    Opening up my last can of Pointy Shoes tonight. It's Christmas now, right?

I’m still holding on to my last one. It’ll have to be a night of no other drink.

Advertisement