Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Highlights of Christmas beer so far:

Foley Brothers Brewing- Captain Series:Citra. Delicious malty, hoppy IPA with plenty of citrus going on.

Manuel Brewing Co- Concrete Island. An Imperial/Milk Stout with loads of liqorice aftertaste.

Outer Range Brewing Co- The Willies. A DIPA that needs to be drank to fully appreciate it. Best DIPA I’ve ever drank.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Mills Brewing Lambinett was my fav

"Lambinett was made by cofermenting a strong red wort with Dabinett juice and cider lees in old whisky casks for 15 months."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How did you get your hands on that?

Kinnegar my fav stuff back home. Scraggy bay bottled on 16th December, stupendous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Blacks of kinsale spruce tip lPA....a bit too spruce tippy and harpic- like for me. Great brewery otherwise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

RasTa wrote: »
    How did you get your hands on that?
    from hop burns black in london

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ah Right. Got me a bottle of The Four Friends Blend by Burning Sky, Mills, Kernel and Olivers.

I'll crack it open NYE

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can't beat a can of Black Ball Metric Stout in the stand in Thomond Park on a night like tonight. The wind is poisonous, but I'm still toasty. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Opened a 2017 200 Fathoms. It aged beautifully. Much nicer than when it was first released.

Took a real notion lately for session IPA’s and while searching the Blacks section this evening (looking for Mosaic but I think it’s gone altogether) I seen one of theirs. Not sure if I’ve always missed it or if it’s new but it’s extremely nice.
    Needless to say I picked up a few Black IPA and a few Kush too.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Leann Folláin...500 ml bottles...4 for 10 euro.

I've been underrating this beer over the years, you probably have as well.

I'll make up for that in 2020, join me.

• Advertisement

It’s a great stout, always has been. One of the best drinks in the country.

I don’t think LF has ever been underrated. It has always been a great beer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Opened a 2017 200 Fathoms. It aged beautifully. Much nicer than when it was first released.

I still have three of them, so glad to hear it's holding up well. Have three 2016s as well, must open one soon to see how it is. I was actually just thinking about 200 Fathoms the other day, there wasn't any released this year, was there?

Zaph wrote: »
    I still have three of them, so glad to hear it's holding up well. Have three 2016s as well, must open one soon to see how it is. I was actually just thinking about 200 Fathoms the other day, there wasn't any released this year, was there?

No release this year that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

there wasn't any released this year, was there?

It's due out in the new year I heard.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    No release this year that I know of.
    laros wrote: »
    It's due out in the new year I heard.

Cheers guys, I was afraid I'd somehow missed it but then I couldn't find any mention of a 2019 release anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Christmas Eve saw me cracking open a bottle of Beoir na Nollaig. Superb stuff from Mescan; I made sure that I got two more this week when the shops opened :)

Am I missing something about Mescan beers? They always get rave reviews here but anytime I’ve tried them they’ve been no better than average.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

It's my go to all year round

Seeing as it’s still the holidays, I’ve just poured a Shanco Dubh from a few I’d been saving up. Love the stuff.

• Advertisement

8 Degrees single malt IPA and it’s not nice. Very dark tasting and stodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Got my hands on another Pointy Shoes. Excellent stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

8 Degrees single malt IPA and it’s not nice. Very dark tasting and stodgy.

Alway liked it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Looking back over the last few pages of this thread and just wondering where folks buy their beer. When in Dublin I tend to go to Martins in Fairview, is there anywhere as good/better?

Modus Mandarina
    Samuel Smyth’s Organic Chocolate Stout
    Dale’s Pale Ale

Looking back over the last few pages of this thread and just wondering where folks buy their beer. When in Dublin I tend to go to Martins in Fairview, is there anywhere as good/better?

Modus Mandarina
    Dale’s Pale Ale

Hard to beat Martins in fairness, or McHughs near it. I’d try call in to either if I was in the area but it’s hard to park so if I’ve time I’d go to Tyrrellstown to the Carry Out.
    Locally it’s mainly O’Brien’s in the Parkway or Super Valu, or I use Martins or Drinkstore online.

I do try and call in if I’m anywhere about the country and I see one though just to see is there anything different. There’s an excellent one called 1601 in Kinsale on the main street and another (name escapes me) in Youghal opposite the Walter Raleigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Modus Mandarina
    Dale’s Pale Ale
    In Dublin the best would include Martin's, drinkstore, Redmond's and McHugh's.

Many O'Brien's have good selections too.

Modus Mandarina
    Dale’s Pale Ale

My local Molloy's in Clonsilla definitely stock Dale's, and I'm pretty sure they have Modus Mandarina as well. They generally have an excellent selection, and I'm sure the other branches around Dublin are just as good. If you're ever in Cork, Bradley's on North Main Street is excellent and is worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Looking back over the last few pages of this thread and just wondering where folks buy their beer.

Craft central is a good option...

https://craftcentral.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

black sheep ale followed by ossett brewery yorkshire blonde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Having a few bottles of Celebration Stout 4th Barrel Release from Porterhouse tonight as I was working all over Xmas.. It's a mighty drop at 12%

Advertisement