Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

My favourite lagers is Heineken, Kingfisher and Red Stipe. But can never seem to get the last 2 in Ireland. Have seen red stripe in shops now and again but is always expensive.

Molloy's have it on offer atm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

OOnegative wrote: »
    Dutch craft beer breweries really catching on how to make an Imperial Stout. Like a bar of chocolate in a glass!!

Not the way I like imperial stouts to taste myself. I presume you are over there, and we can't sample it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Effects wrote: »
    Not the way I like imperial stouts to taste myself. I presume you are over there, and we can't sample it here?

Yeah, living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I used to go in for the sweeter imperial stouts but I've lost my taste for really sugary stuff the last while.

I had a can on Whiplash Fatal Deviation last night and enjoyed it. I've another one for this evening. Straight forward imperial stout with no adjuncts.

Effects wrote: »
    I used to go in for the sweeter imperial stouts but I've lost my taste for really sugary stuff the last while.

I would mainly drink IPA’s but have the odd stout every now & then. Prefer the sweetness to barrel aged or bitter stouts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

https://untappd.com/b/northern-monk-patrons-project-24-01-tom-j-newell-astro-black-voodoo-brewery-imperial-stout/3629881

This is the best impy stout I've had in awhile. It's also made it over to Ireland. Buy it and enjoy.

Getting sick of Lactose been added to stouts, and IPA's

Picked up a few cans of White shag Atlantean. Haven’t had it in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Picked up a few cans of White shag Atlantean. Haven’t had it in ages.

Which, a shag? Or a White Hag?

Which, a shag? Or a White Hag?

Jaysus, there’s me hitting S instead of shift.

Both though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Jaysus, there’s me hitting S instead of shift.

Both though :D

So it was only the shift you were after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭corks finest

Beck's 0 nearest I get with a real taste of beer, tried a lot of non alcohol beer so far Beck's is tops- any suggestions

Beck's 0 nearest I get with a real taste of beer, tried a lot of non alcohol beer so far Beck's is tops- any suggestions

Baltika 0

Wicklow Wolf have a lovely one but the name escapes me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Wicklow Wolf have a lovely one but the name escapes me.

Moonlight Hoppy Ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

irish_goat wrote: »
    Moonlight Hoppy Ale.

It's very good.

Moonlight is 1% isn’t it? It is really nice though.

Edit: sorry, 0.5%. There was the coffee ale under the same name that was 1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

I've extolled the virtues of Moonlight on here before, but their new lime-flavoured NA beer, Limelight, is unfortunately awful.

Lervig's 0.5% No Worries-Grapefruit is decent too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Porterhouse. Celebration Stout. Bottle. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Cracked open a bottle of Massey Red from Hilltown Brewery. Didn't look or taste great to begin with, but I was loving it's subtle mix of malt and hops and by the time I had it gone I was wanting more. Well impressed and one that I'll try and get again.

Also sampled a bottle of InishmacSaint Blonde, a brewery that has eluded me this long time. Worth the wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The Devils Half Acre from Porterhouse Brew 11% ABV poured a lovely colour of red/brown and smelled amazing mainly toffee and a hint of smoke.
    Tasted malty but also got the hint of bourbon. Really enjoyed this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

ciaran76 wrote: »
    The Devils Half Acre from Porterhouse Brew 11% ABV poured a lovely colour of red/brown and smelled amazing mainly toffee and a hint of smoke.
    Tasted malty but also got the hint of bourbon. Really enjoyed this.

Is that a new batch or one you were aging?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I bought it around Xmas time and just didnt get time to drink it.
    I assumed since it was an "IPA" beer its best to have it sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Anyone know if the white hag dark druid is on tap anywhere in Dublin city center today?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Baltika 0

Is that the Baltika alcohol free wheatbeer? I think it's in Aldi at the minute, but I haven't tried it.

Is that the Baltika alcohol free wheatbeer? I think it's in Aldi at the minute, but I haven't tried it.

The one I'm familiar with is a lager

Any recommendations for a decent bar in Prague?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Ernest hemingway bar. Nice cocktail bar. But if you wan the usual Irish pubs then old town is where they are. There is an Absinthe bar in that area too. Can't recall the name of it. I'm sure a quick Google search will help you out

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Ernest hemingway bar. Nice cocktail bar. But if you wan the usual Irish pubs then old town is where they are. There is an Absinthe bar in that area too. Can't recall the name of it. I'm sure a quick Google search will help you out

Not what I was looking for but thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,382 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Blue light jazz bar. Walk over the bridge toward the castle, it’s off a side street on the right b

Advertisement