Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Barrel aged Caribbean chocolate cake is here!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Beavertown Lupuloid
    This might be my favourite IPA available around here right now. Hop profile is very complex, got a juicy body to it. Not a lot of bitterness but due to the juicy body of it you don't get that lager-y pisswater aftertaste. Positively surprised, I didn't like Bloody Notorius much at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Pokertree red earl. Cidery aroma, slightly sour twang. Supposed to be a red ale. It's the 3rd beer Ive had from this brewery that has had a sourness. Not sure whether the brewery is crap or whether they have a hygiene issue or bottling issue.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Barrel aged Caribbean chocolate cake is here!

Where is here?

Zaph wrote: »
    Where is here?

Blackrock cellar.

It's in my fridge saying my name right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Mescan Wesporter

How is this my first time drinking this?

top notch stout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Richie71 wrote: »
    Was just thinking of opening mine this weekend for a birthday treat. What do you reckon, leave it til Christmas?

I would if I were you. I had left mine in the cupboard for a couple of months in the hope it would mellow but to no success. The one I had last night was a long way from being drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Blackrock cellar.

It's in my fridge saying my name right now.

What!? The fridge?!?!?

Get it out of there immediately and start it warming by the fire!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

http://i.imgur.com/QQ80mZQ.jpg

Picked these up earlier. Looking forward to tonight!

Real ale festival on in Wetherspoons at the mo.

Heres the beer menu from Blanch...
    http://imgur.com/4YwEERn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Chimay Grand Reserve 2015 , will report back later ;)

How was it? Still haven't opened mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Mescan Wesporter

How is this my first time drinking this?

top notch stout

Had it for the first time last night as well. Wonderful stout. Popped back to Aldi to pick up a few more at the bargain price they have it for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Back on the homebrew this week, leaving the keg outside is doing wonders for chilling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

slayerking wrote: »
    Pokertree red earl. Cidery aroma, slightly sour twang. Supposed to be a red ale. It's the 3rd beer Ive had from this brewery that has had a sourness. Not sure whether the brewery is crap or whether they have a hygiene issue or bottling issue.

Only had the treacle stout before but you're spot on. Not a bad stout but a vaguely unpleasant sour note in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,573 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had a Sweetwater in the Lincolns in town which has a lot of Rye River supplied stuff. Decent bottle, and although that pub has very little macro it still hasn't got a lot of great draught so its a good addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Schneider Weisse tap 7, happy out.

L1011 wrote: »
    Had a Sweetwater in the Lincolns in town which has a lot of Rye River supplied stuff. Decent bottle, and although that pub has very little macro it still hasn't got a lot of great draught so its a good addition.

They have the IPA and Extra Pale Ale in some Tescos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

aaronm13 wrote: »
    How was it? Still haven't opened mine yet.

It was excellent! Smooth, a hint of treacle and a beautiful head which didn't evaporate.
    Will def buy another bottle or 2 tomorrow as a special treat .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Picked up quite a few Irish beers from Aldi earlier today. So far, so boring. :(

The Mescan Blond was awful though.

Siren barrel aged Caribbean chocolate cake was beautiful, strong burbon taste. Vanilla, chocolate and coffee too.

Beautiful beer, I think I slightly prefer the original.

Having a siren summer citra dipa now. No aroma whatsoever, tastes pretty good though.

• Advertisement

Mescan Wesporter seems to be one of those beers that all your beer pals rate (and people you respect online) but you just don't get it, even after two bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Beavertown Stingy Jack. Really liked this pumpkin beer.

Anyone know of any fresh Pumpkin beers on tap in Dublin at the moment. I'm in Chicago for Halloween so hopefully get to get a few in over there.

Mescan Wesporter seems to be one of those beers that all your beer pals rate (and people you respect online) but you just don't get it, even after two bottles.

I found it to be very thin myself. Nice and all but forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Beavertown Stingy Jack. Really liked this pumpkin beer.

Anyone know of any fresh Pumpkin beers on tap in Dublin at the moment. I'm in Chicago for Halloween so hopefully get to get a few in over there.

The Back Page have Trouble's on cask.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

slayerking wrote: »
    I found it to be very thin myself. Nice and all but forgettable.

True thin on body, not bad, but nothing special either. bough it mainly coz of bottle, look nice on photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yeah, Stingy Jack is the first Pumpkin beer I've actually liked.

Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Was a little disappointed in 'Invasion of the Lupuloids', just a bit overpriced and not the usual exceptionally high standard set by Beavertown. By no means bad though, just not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Was a little disappointed in 'Invasion of the Lupuloids', just a bit overpriced and not the usual exceptionally high standard set by Beavertown. By no means bad though, just not great.

100% agree its just ridiculous at that stage.
    Big fas of beavertown even went to meet them i mullingar, but we are getting raped with those prices.
    €5.20 hallowen special for pumpkin ale project tempus 11€ for 0,33l😳
    Siren and northen monk way better value and great quality aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Rumun wrote: »
    Siren and northen monk way better value and great quality aswell
    Pity Siren are not canning anything yet, def have noticed a difference in their IPAs on tap compared to bottles. Only tried a few but they are losing something in bottling.
    Haven't tried Northern Monk Heathen yet, not sure if it's seasonal only so could be gone by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'll always try the new stuff but when it comes to repeat purchase it's always

Scraggy-Bay.jpg

Advertisement