Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,666 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Leann Follain in the 4-for-10 in Tesco

One for the stew, one for me and two 8 Degrees cans.

Really must pick up some of that. Haven’t had it in months and it’s probably the best stout in the country.

I’m going to chance a Handsome Jack shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Really must pick up some of that. Haven’t had it in months and it’s probably the best stout in the country.

I’m going to chance a Handsome Jack shortly.

Wrasslers is probably my favourite stout. Hard to find though.

Don’t think I’ve ever had it but I’ll grab some if I ever come across it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They turned it into a winter seasonal from last year. I'm not sure if it still exists in bottled form at all. It's a real shame they seem to have difficulty selling it. Then the same would probably be true for LF were it not €10 for two litres in Tesco.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    They turned it into a winter seasonal from last year. I'm not sure if it still exists in bottled form at all. It's a real shame they seem to have difficulty selling it. Then the same would probably be true for LF were it not €10 for two litres in Tesco.

Hopefully this has cause a few more people to sample LF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Laidir by Four Provinces is similar and pops up periodically in LIDL.

Laidir and Shanco Dubh would be two I’d go for regularly. Having Laidir in Lidl is great.

I want to get back to the Four Provinces pub (same name) when its reopened; was under a bit of time pressure the day I did visit and there was also nowhere to get food around there at the time - I believe the chipper next door was going to reopen though.

L1011 wrote: »
    I want to get back to the Four Provinces pub (same name) when its reopened; was under a bit of time pressure the day I did visit and there was also nowhere to get food around there at the time - I believe the chipper next door was going to reopen though.

A trip back there is definitely on the list for later this year, maybe 2021 hopefully. Rascals too.

• Advertisement

I was in Rascals, just finished the pizza when I got a phone call to say that the cleaner doing a deep clean had pulled out cables and everything was bolloxed in work. Paid, left, taxi in and fixed it and one pint in Graingers before going home.

That was my last normal evening in Dublin. So Rascals will forever be part of the end :pac:

Got one more night out in my local, which was basically empty, before they all started closing before Paddys Day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

L1011 wrote: »
    there was also nowhere to get food around there at the time
    Was the Aussie Tucker place around the corner closed? It's passable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I had the "pleasure" of drinking Budweiser for the first time ever last night.
    God I didn't miss anything until now....

Just opened a can of Midnight Diner, sweet stout.
    Gone straight to my head.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Was the Aussie Tucker place around the corner closed? It's passable.

I wasn't even aware that was open at all cause its rebranded a few times since it was a pub itself years ago. Also the bar staff didn't mention it!

Ended up having a burger in Pinheads near Leonards Corner.

Handsome Jack is another one with a very sweet finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Laidir by Four Provinces is similar and pops up periodically in LIDL.

Bought the last 2 tins of this in lidl an hour ago. Just cracked it open, it's absolutely delicious. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Anybody know where to get confectionist perfectionist? Craftcentral sold out as soon as they got it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,317 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

tonights offerings include

The Journeyman Session IPA and Session India Pale Larger
    Samual Adams Boston Larger
    Brooklyn Lager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Laidir and Shanco Dubh would be two I’d go for regularly. Having Laidir in Lidl is great.

Think Laidir is on draught in Four Provinces pub too according to friends. Or at least was. :pac:

Think Laidir is on draught in Four Provinces pub too according to friends. Or at least was. :pac:

It was when I was there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Had the O'Hara's White Haze last night. Perfect for the evening that was in it.

Some contrast between the days, cold enough for a St Mel's brown on Friday evening (amongst others), but on the lighter beers last night. 12 Acres Pale Ale, and working my way through the St Mel's mixed case, with Helles, Pale Ale and IPA to go with the White Haze. No duds!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Subbuteo

Flensburger pils for me today. Nice bottle- a refreshing hoppy pilsner for a sunny evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

To Øl’s Whirl Domination and House Of Pale this evening. Whirl Domination is the better one of the two, nothing wrong with House Of Pale though.

Big Hop Red. Never fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Subbuteo wrote: »
    Flensburger pils for me today. Nice bottle- a refreshing hoppy pilsner for a sunny evening.

Love me some flens

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Buxton / Omnipollo Original Chocolate Ice Cream Brown Ale. Could have been sickly sweet, but it's got a nice bitterness to offset the sweetness. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I had Rye River Brewing's Belgian Wit, which is produced under the Solas brand for Tesco and I was quite impressed. It was a very pleasant beer and reasonably priced. I much preferred their offering in Tesco/Lidl versus whoever does the Aldi craft beers.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I had Rye River Brewing's Belgian Wit, which is produced under the Solas brand for Tesco and I was quite impressed. It was a very pleasant beer and reasonably priced. I much preferred their offering in Tesco/Lidl versus whoever does the Aldi craft beers.

Is it not them as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Is it not them as well?
    O'Hara's/ Carlow Brewing do the O'Sheas in Aldi, Rye River do the Crafty in Lidl iirc.

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    O'Hara's/ Carlow Brewing do the O'Sheas in Aldi, Rye River do the Crafty in Lidl iirc.

I was thinking of the Brown Bear stuff but that one is actually the Foxes Rock crowd anyway.

Advertisement