Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Pity Siren are not canning anything yet, def have noticed a difference in their IPAs on tap compared to bottles. Only tried a few but they are losing something in bottling.
    Haven't tried Northern Monk Heathen yet, not sure if it's seasonal only so could be gone by now.

NM heathen brilliant as good as mango lassi juicy dank hazy its the closest to trillium as its gets in europe at the moment in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

jsa112 wrote: »
    Overheard that foam and fury wont be back till jan/feb.

I got myself all exited about that when I was going to the Oslo for the first time....it was......OK....I don't think I like the room temperature beer thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I got myself all exited about that when I was going to the Oslo for the first time....it was......OK....I don't think I like the room temperature beer thing.

Room temperature Foam and Fury?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

I hated the Mango Lassi IPA, way too sweet.

irish_goat wrote: »

That's how it was served.

• Advertisement

That's how it was served.

Was it on cask? It's normally just served cold on keg.

Was it on cask? It's normally just served cold on keg.

I honestly dont know....but it wasn't chilled

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Had my first Murphys tonight and actually enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Room temperature beer is not a "thing", there's cellar temperature and chilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Room temperature beer is not a "thing", there's cellar temperature and chilled.

If a cask isn't jacketed and is a slow burner... I've often seen this, especially in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

For anyone who's interested, I just got a delivery from these guys (https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/) and got £10 using the code FACEBOOK10. It works for first time orders only.
    Got a few beers not available here like Green Flash, Belching Beaver, Alpine, Maui Brewing etc. All arrived well packaged and no cahnce they could have broken.
    The order cart displayed the full amount even when I entered my card details and hit pay but the final amount displayed was actually correct. Basically gets you free shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I was wondering who deleted my group buy thread(not that it got any responses!) however I shall use above, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jh79

I think I overheard the barman in the Salthouse tell a customer that OFAF is served at room temperature.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

jh79 wrote: »
    I think I overheard the barman in the Salthouse tell a customer that OFAF is served at room temperature.
    Not the first howler I've heard about from the Salthouse staff. OF&F is thick textured and high in alcohol: I can sort-of see how someone could mistake it for room temperature, even when it's coming out of the tap at single-figures °C. I don't think it's ever been served on cask, has it? The only way to serve it at room temperature would be from a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

Finally getting around to Ceasefire from GBB. I really dislike rhubarb but i said id give this a try anyway. And i have to say its a really nice beer, fairly sour and the rhubarb isnt too strong.

There's a couple of beers im interested in trying which are available on tap here in Against The Grain and just wondering if people have any recommendations, the beers which interest me are:

Siren 5 Alarm
    Northern Monk New World IPA
    GBB Harvest Altar
    GBB Althea

BeerNut wrote: »
    Not the first howler I've heard about from the Salthouse staff. OF&F is thick textured and high in alcohol: I can sort-of see how someone could mistake it for room temperature, even when it's coming out of the tap at single-figures °C. I don't think it's ever been served on cask, has it? The only way to serve it at room temperature would be from a bottle.

Maybe they have had a few complaints from people new to craft beer so tell them its room temp on purpose for less hassle.

JoeLapira wrote: »
    Finally getting around to Ceasefire from GBB. I really dislike rhubarb but i said id give this a try anyway. And i have to say its a really nice beer, fairly sour and the rhubarb isnt too strong.

There's a couple of beers im interested in trying which are available on tap here in Against The Grain and just wondering if people have any recommendations, the beers which interest me are:

Siren 5 Alarm
    Northern Monk New World IPA
    GBB Harvest Altar
    GBB Althea

I liked Harvest Alter , wasn't a fan of Althea.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

I liked Harvest Alter , wasn't a fan of Althea.

I second this, really liked harvest alter

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Don't try Siren 5 Alarm its not good, way too much chilli

jsa112 wrote: »
    Don't try Siren 5 Alarm its not good, way too much chilli

gMenMx6.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Harvest altar is excellent.

You can never have enough chili

Maybe they have had a few complaints from people new to craft beer so tell them its room temp on purpose for less hassle.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    RasTa wrote: »
    You can never have enough chili
    Gonna guess that you haven't had the pleasure of Neon Overlord yet.

BeerNut wrote: »
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Gonna guess that you haven't had the pleasure of Neon Overlord yet.

Yeah it's not that bad, goes well with a curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah it's not that bad, goes well with a curry.

I find it vile.
    Not able for it at all.

And I love Frank's Hot Sauce on all food

I find it vile.
    Not able for it at all.

And I love Frank's Hot Sauce on all food

Frank's is as hot as tomato ketchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Neon Overlord was/is awful. Way too much chili, and I love a bit of Bhut jolokia sprinkled on my cornflakes in the morning.

It's like a six-year-old put some chilli powder in Daddy's IPA while he wasn't looking. Go to your room, BrewDog, and think about what you did.

I heard the Siren one is even hotter, collab with hoppin frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Bought a couple of bottles by The Foxes Rock company to have with dinner on separate nights to see what they were like. One stout and one red ale. Both awful. Extremely watery and lacking any real taste. Some of the worst drinks I have had. Very disappointing. Over 3e a bottle and very poor.

Advertisement