Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Enjoying Hopfully Swapped Legs lately.
    Raspberry and lime sour.
    A beer both Mrs Beer and I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Otterbank -so, it begins
    8.2% saison
    Dangerously drinkable
    Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 68,676 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are Boyne bottles in O'Briens with BBEs that cannot be from the old stock - 09/21 - so O'Haras seem to be doing *something* with the brand anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

L1011 wrote: »
    There are Boyne bottles in O'Briens with BBEs that cannot be from the old stock - 09/21 - so O'Haras seem to be doing *something* with the brand anyway.
    Gotta use up the custom-embossed bottles somehow :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone here know anything about Ondineke? I picked up a bottle of their oilsjtersen tripel. Belgian. 8.5%. Reminds me of Duvel, but possibly even nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,112 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Had a bit of a thirst on me last night so I dipped into two cans of Full Irish and two bottles of Whitewater's Maggie's Leaf. Two very different IPA's but definitely two of the best out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭guitarhappy

Grumpy Grandma Bitter Ale by Politically Correct Micro Brew, Pawtucket, R.I.
    Very Bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

Vietnow from Trouble Brewing and Horse Power from Whiplash, I thought the first was a decent IPA but Horse Power crushes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Sipping on a Pointy Shoes : 2020 from Wicklow Wolf. It's very nice. Definitely as good if not better than last years edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Got a can of whiplash water jump, which I haven’t tried yet.
    But also picked up some pointy shoes, so will have to sample that first.

• Advertisement

Offo today said they'd have some in tomorrow when I was getting a can of Fighting Wildfire (and other stuff); I had no intention of going back that soon but I may have to now.

L1011 wrote: »
    Offo today said they'd have some in tomorrow when I was getting a can of Fighting Wildfire (and other stuff); I had no intention of going back that soon but I may have to now.

I didn't realise Fighting Wildfire was still around.

I didn't realise Fighting Wildfire was still around.

Can's in the can bin so not going to go check the BBE; but I'd never noticed it before today.

Offo in question is Sweeneys in Marino and I normally just go to the walk in chiller and the pile of (usually) Trouble near the door so I could just have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

There seemed to be a real lull in new beers being brought out / being distributed and all of a sudden there was a slew of new beers. Very testing for my self control & bank balance...!

Enjoyed my first lambic the other evening - Boon Brewery Geuze Mariage Parfait (2015). Wow. So unlike the other beers I've been taking to date. Sour, tart but not over the top. Pleasant.

I've said earlier in this thread that I feel like I need to break from IPAs yet each time I go, breweries keep coming up with new productions and my basket remain 90% IPAs/derivatives thereof.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Pen Rua wrote: »
    There seemed to be a real lull in new beers being brought out / being distributed and all of a sudden there was a slew of new beers. Very testing for my self control & bank balance...!
    My drinking habit can't keep up with my buying habit!

Saturday I have the craic festival, but not going to last until then... I picked up the new Whiplash Grisette yesterday (while looking for Pointy Shoes :rolleyes:) - a new style for me, so looking forward to it. Also have the Yellowbelly/ Heaney Wit, and the Yellowbelly Strawberry Sour. IPA wise I have the Rascals Strawberry Vanilla Shake, and Rye River The Dropper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I try to be responsible / reasonable and have just one beer with dinner, but not every single night of the week. But there's so many beers I wish to try!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

I’d be divorced if I tried keeping up with all the new beers Dutch brewers release here, Folkingebrew Never Stop Dreaming is a fantastic DIPA if any of ye see it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Eg2sAv1XYAgTmib?format=jpg&name=medium

Just picked up most all of those in the supermarket. A nice surprise.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    My drinking habit can't keep up with my buying habit!

Saturday I have the craic festival, but not going to last until then... I picked up the new Whiplash Grisette yesterday (while looking for Pointy Shoes :rolleyes:) - a new style for me, so looking forward to it. Also have the Yellowbelly/ Heaney Wit, and the Yellowbelly Strawberry Sour. IPA wise I have the Rascals Strawberry Vanilla Shake, and Rye River The Dropper.

Beer cloud has pointy shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

Cracking into a couple of beers from Browar Stu Mostow out of Poland. The Milkshake IPA is the best so far!

• Advertisement

A good old rustbucket. Hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Effects wrote: »
    Got a can of whiplash water jump, which I haven’t tried yet.
    But also picked up some pointy shoes, so will have to sample that first.

Had a can of Water Jump and another newish Whiplash IPA, Horse Power. Water Jump was only okay but I really enjoyed Horse Power. Something about the combination of hops used in Water Jump didnt feel right to me. Horse Power was a very well executed NEIPA as you'd expect from Whiplash

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Cúl Dorcha. Beoir Chorca Dhuibhne. Dark ale, 5%. An-mhaith ar fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Pointy Shoes 2020. I missed it last year so can’t compare but really enjoying this years version. A nice boozy hit but enough roasted malts to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Cúl Dorcha. Beoir Chorca Dhuibhne. Dark ale, 5%. An-mhaith ar fad.

Ca bhfuil se ar fail ? Ta me in Uibh Rathach a gceann seachtain .Where is it available? In Iveragh next week.

sceach16 wrote: »
    Ca bhfuil se ar fail ? Ta me in Uibh Rathach a gceann seachtain .Where is it available? In Iveragh next week.

Fuaireas i Number 21 i Luimneach anocht. Bíonn sé ag Fine Wines freisin, uaireannta.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

JoeLapira wrote: »
    Cracking into a couple of beers from Browar Stu Mostow out of Poland. The Milkshake IPA is the best so far!

Had the Strawberry Milkshake IPA last night and whilst not much of a Strawberry taste off it I still found it very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Aún Más Café Jesús - Evil Twin. Double coffee Imperial Stout, 12%. Aged in some port barrels... but didn’t do anything at all for me even though it gets great reviews on Untappd.

The Bruery - Banana Bread. Double pastry stout. 10.2%. This was quite nice, strong thick sweet tasting stout.

Datapop Coconut and Vanilla Sweet Stout. 6%. With a higher alcohol content and more depth to it this could be absolutely amazing. As it is, it’s very good and has a lovely sweet milky taste.

Browar Stu Mostow - Salamander Milkshake IPA Strawberry. 5.9%. Really good... though not much of a Strawberry taste but still a cracking drink.

Castaway Mai Tai Double IPA - nice juicy IPA and a kick at 8%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Going through a few Kinnegar IPA's, Big Bunny East Coast my favorite so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Going through a few Kinnegar IPA's, Big Bunny East Coast my favorite so far

Kinnegar is king! Hard to beat their range IMO

Advertisement